Where to tailor clothes, continued...

BelongYJ

Reaction score
Haven been tailoring much recently since most of my past commissions still fit, but made this for my upcoming trip to japan in November. I have an extreme case of drop shoulder on my right which to be compensated evenly, have to be heavily padded which is not to my liking. So as long as the back is clean ain't that big of a fuss to me. I was also in jeans for fitting which is highly not advised due to the low sitting and in actual fact, the length of the jacket was well. Ain't going to name the tailor and for those wondering about the fabric, its Caccioppoli.

aaaaaaa.jpg
aaaaa.jpg
aaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
aaaaaaaaa.jpg
Be honest not very good, length need longer. obviously your shoulder left is higher than right, and he should help you adjust back, Anterior pelvic tilt also very obviously.

Clinomania

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking for a new tailor for slim fit shirts and hope someone can recommend someone that can simply replicate the cutting and measurements of a shirt I like.

From experience, almost all tailors here tend to have a preferred cut and like to take their own measurements. In the past I let them do as they preferred as I take it is a bit insulting not letting them work their magic. Unfortunately, they are never to my satisfaction. As a result, I am now simply looking for a tailor to just copy something I am happy with.

I have shortlisted: Lai En and Yong Seng.

Any others I should consider? Preferably with a higher end range of fabrics too (Soktas, Thomas mason etc).

Thanks
Lai En doesn't really carry high end fabrics besides Soktas. Can just consider Yong Seng then.

Rong626

Reaction score
ZsMtiUr.jpg

Is my jacket really short? Here's it with jeans. Would be a shame to toss it away

Clinomania

Reaction score
Thanks. Yeossal or Perfect Attire for suits? any advice?
Yeossal for me, but personal preference. Look at their socials and see what works for you, that's the most important part. Perfect Attire deals are pretty decent.

villan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeossal for me, but personal preference. Look at their socials and see what works for you, that's the most important part. Perfect Attire deals are pretty decent.
yeah. Perfect Attire is probably the most bang for buck...full canvassed, drago 130 - 1100 nett. I dont think Yeossal can match this price...else i would prefer to try Yeossal

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@Clinomania & @darthsid11111

Any recommendations to higher price point tailors? Just want to try them out for the experience. Mainly looking for just shirt and trousers. Been lurking for a long long time, seems like you two know what y'all talking about the best

Been with Collaro for the past 1 year+.
Tried seamless bespoke & yeossal as well.
Meiko, Dylan&Son, Kayjen. HST for shirts if you can communicate your preferences well. I don't think anyone else comes close in terms of construction and finishing. The caveat being I honestly don't see a point in shirt tailoring unless you dropped shoulders or some other issues with your body type.

These days I buy and alter shirts from Kamakura which are hands down the best value high quality shirts at their price point or spier and mckay who are best low priced value shirts.

Yod4

Master Member
Reaction score
Just got called to attend internal meetings in London in September. Unfortunately, none of my blazers fit anymore. Anyone can recommend a place where I can get one done quickly and affordably? I'm fully wfh in Singapore so don't need anything fancy.

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
Just got called to attend internal meetings in London in September. Unfortunately, none of my blazers fit anymore. Anyone can recommend a place where I can get one done quickly and affordably? I'm fully wfh in Singapore so don't need anything fancy.
fastest and affordably will be to alter your current blazers. In terms of time, definitely beat making one from scratch and needing a basted fitting. Go back to your original tailor else can find alterations seamstress at far east plaza.
if make from scratch, suggest you call Tailor to check their bandwidth. Nobody here can tell you the time needed for this period unless he or she is a tailor here.

villan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
suit supply at ion?

EggSh3ll

Reaction score
Be honest not very good, length need longer. obviously your shoulder left is higher than right, and he should help you adjust back, Anterior pelvic tilt also very obviously.
As per my explanation, I requested for the length to be as it is. I wear my pants high waisted so the shirt triangle will never be a problem. As per my drop shoulder i have also communicated that I don't like my shoulders heavily padded just to compensate. As long as the back is clean i am fine, a good tailored jacket's back is always priority. Anyway its a basted fitting, not a completed comission, adjustments are still to be made

tc4237

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone got suggestions on how I should make my wedding suit such that it can be used for other occasions as well ? And which tailor I should approach?

My only requirements are linen (for airy) and navy colour.

(I initially thought of making it peak lapel single breasted with vest, but thought double breasted might look fine as well)

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone got suggestions on how I should make my wedding suit such that it can be used for other occasions as well ? And which tailor I should approach?

(I initially thought of making it peak lapel single breasted with vest, but thought double breasted might look fine as well)
use for other occasions (including your requirements): linen, solid navy colour, notch lapel, 2 button

Add a vest to make you stand out as few people wear a vest. If ok, you can communicate that to your tailor.

Unless you attend many events like award ceremonies or Dinner and Dance, you are a celebrity, emcee or boss of your own company, peak lapel and double-breasted will see few uses because it is easy to steal the limelight from bosses, main event characters like the groom, etc

but it's your wedding, your call! ultimately it's the memories that matter.

Last edited:

Millimeter

Reaction score
Any recommendation on places to tailor an office shirt and pants? Just need one of each so prefer to do both at the same place. Had found Roger & Sons, Ron & Rich, TCR1982, and Three Buttons. But not sure if they're more specialized in suits.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Linen may be too casual a fabric to be versatile, especially in a business setting. Get hopsack which is just as airy as linen but with all the benefits of wool such as crease resistance, natural stretch.

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
use for other occasions (including your requirements): linen, solid navy colour, notch lapel, 2 button

Add a vest to make you stand out as few people wear a vest. If ok, you can communicate that to your tailor.

Unless you attend many events like award ceremonies or Dinner and Dance, you are a celebrity, emcee or boss of your own company, peak lapel and double-breasted will see few uses because it is easy to steal the limelight from bosses, main event characters like the groom, etc

but it's your wedding, your call! ultimately it's the memories that matter.
Just to add, use flap pockets which can be tucked in to look like jetted pocket. Don’t do patch pockets as that will be too casual for business settings.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.