Where to tailor clothes =D - Part 3

ducky_88

Master Member
Reaction score
Any recommended place for 3 piece suit (Vest, Blazer and Pant) tailor? What is the market rate for such 3 piece suit?

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
Any recommended place for 3 piece suit (Vest, Blazer and Pant) tailor? What is the market rate for such 3 piece suit?
Price of suit depends on the following

Fabric choice. Better fabric, more expensive. If you are extremely tall, more fabric required, may be more expensive too. Fabric = the lining and the outer layer.

Workmanship in terms of hours or effort. More hours if you want full canvas construction, surgeon's cuffs, pic stitching, Milanese buttonhole etc which require more hand work.

Overheads and profit of shop: e.g rental and profit margins.

A 3 piece suit can cost $500 to $50000 for Scabal Diamond Chip...

qwerty_hippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, just visited Lai en today, as usual, business very good - first time visiting in 3 years.

Prices wise shirts still same price, I did the easy iron ones for 78 + topup 10 for mop buttons.

Not sure about the more atas fabric. Mdm neo still the one measuring.
I tried lai en in 2019 before.
Personally have high hope due to all the good reviews.

however, outcome shirt wasn’t the best fit.
Service wise is soso. Buyer needs to envision and instruct to them what to construct.

price point is soso, can find similar price range tailor in central area.
Just my 2 cents

spectrearc

Reaction score
u need to temper expectation.

lai en isn't a tailor, they are a shirt manufacturer, so u have to know what u want, otherwise they will just follow standard.

easiest is u go tailor 1 proper shirt that u like, bring to them, then they will copy

chaobotak

Reaction score
Looking to alter some jeans, pants and shirts. What are some reasonable-priced tailor? I used to go to Meng Yee.

tc4237

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For ladies 's suits, preferably linen, anyone has any experience with any shop?
Experience with regards to workmanship, service and price.

wlyeoh1

Reaction score
if go oxford and make 2 standard 3 piece suit for wedding. will be above 1k sgd?

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if go oxford and make 2 standard 3 piece suit for wedding. will be above 1k sgd?
A halfway decent but dirt cheap half canvassed polywool 2 piece suit will set you back about $500. For your requirements, $1k wouldn't cut it.

azeusa

Reaction score
Been completely out of the mtm/ bespoke scene the past couple of years...

My go-to was Iris, then switched to Seamless (back when they were Lusso...) for a bit. Had shirts (but not suits) from KayJen (when he was with Dylan) and Common Suits as well.

Would appreciate hearing about any recent experiences/ reviews (either good or bad) - after 2 years of Covid crap, I can't fit into my existing suits without looking like an overfilled dumpling.

Also - miss this forum!! Remember it dense with pics and v knowledgeable commentary

Last edited:

azeusa

Reaction score
Is igent still a thing in a covid wfh world, espec in sg?
no clue, honestly

but - given the resurgence of interest in watches (as in strictly superfluous, outrageously priced, but damn desirable mechanical watches, not fitness trackers masquerading as timepieces) even among the young, the tilt back to office working (at least in places like NYC etc.) and the fact that men are peacocks as much as women love their clothes - I think tailoring will never really die. It will probably evolve though, if it hasn't already - I guess the trend nowadays is for very unconstructed pieces in highly breathable, wrinkly fabrics (i.e. linen) - suits for the "street"/ instagram rather than the office - though I'm getting too old to be talking about "trends"

And many men will need a suit at least once in their lives - as a groom/ groomsman, if nothing else - so it would be a truly sad day when there aren't any "proper", average/ mid-tier tailors left in Sg to make suits for the man in the street - high SES folks can always make a few weekend trips to Italy/ Savile Row/ Cifonelli etc

Last edited:

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no clue, honestly

but - given the resurgence of interest in watches (as in strictly superfluous, outrageously priced, but damn desirable mechanical watches, not fitness trackers masquerading as timepieces) even among the young, the tilt back to office working (at least in places like NYC etc.) and the fact that men are peacocks as much as women love their clothes - I think tailoring will never really die. It will probably evolve though, if it hasn't already - I guess the trend nowadays is for very unconstructed pieces in highly breathable, wrinkly fabrics (i.e. linen) - suits for the "street"/ instagram rather than the office - though I'm getting too old to be talking about "trends"

And many men will need a suit at least once in their lives - as a groom/ groomsman, if nothing else - so it would be a truly sad day when there aren't any "proper", average/ mid-tier tailors left in Sg to make suits for the man in the street - high SES folks can always make a few weekend trips to Italy/ Savile Row/ Cifonelli etc
Man I haven't worn a shirt, trouser, GYW shoe combo since COVID. It doesn't seem like I'll start when I return to office either. I have literal stacks of new shirts and trousers that I havent opened either. Sucks.

azeusa

Reaction score
Man I haven't worn a shirt, trouser, GYW shoe combo since COVID. It doesn't seem like I'll start when I return to office either. I have literal stacks of new shirts and trousers that I havent opened either. Sucks.
Damn - sucks man.

chaobotak

Reaction score
Paid $28 for pants and $25 for shirt alteration. Pants hemming and slight tapering, shirt shortening and slight slimming in the arms. Is the price reasonable?

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Paid $28 for pants and $25 for shirt alteration. Pants hemming and slight tapering, shirt shortening and slight slimming in the arms. Is the price reasonable?
It's not exorbitant, especially if you're satisfied with the end product!

yukirin92

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting some shirts for WFO since gaining 10kg during WFH. Anyone has experience with Suit yourself or a similarly priced tailor? Probably looking to do 2-3 simple Oxfords with button down collars.

Last edited:

LeGozt

Reaction score
Hello, any recommendations for suit alteration? Need some adjustments done around my waist, and also there's a small hole around the pants front pocket area :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.