Which AVR is the best?

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
hi all, new to home theater. i'm building a new 5.1.4 setup.
i've gotten all the equipment except for receiver.
klipsch rp8000f, rp6000f, rp450c, cdt-3800c-ii
svs pb2000 pro
I need at least 2x HDMI 2.1 ports for ps5 and PC for 4k120 gaming.
so i'm very interested in onkyo rz50. but there seems to be no news of it being available in singapore. i texted hwee seng and their answer was rather disinterested at best, saying they have no idea on new onkyo products.
yamaha A6A also not available and probably super expensive. their hdmi2.1 is "available based on future firmware update" which means it isn't going to work right out of the box?
denon x3700h only has 1 hdmi2.1 port.

should I wait for onkyo or go for the denon?
I plan to have everything in place before christmas.
Yeah another SVS PB2000 Pro owner! Its a humongous subwoofer haha.

Oh when I first got it I was a bit disappointed that the power cable only came with EU "3pin" plug, which sellers said can be used like a 2 pin plug. As original power cable seemed thick and of high quality, i didn't wanna replace it but wanted to use the earth/ground 'pin'. So I bought this adapter from local seller on lazada. Here is the link for anyone interested...
https://s.lazada.sg/s.Zwk1S

Last edited:

sg_rangers

Reaction score
Ok i did some field work today.
I went to Plaza Sing Yamaha and was surprised the A6A is finally in stock. $3499 with a free bluetooth headphones.
I sampled the A6A in a 2.1 setup. the sound was meh~ cuz i have nothing to compare with.
I was shocked that it only covers 1 year local warranty. it was supposed to be 5 years. for a product this price, i just can't.
all hdmi ports are 2.1 ready, so i guess the firmware is here.
the person was trying to sell me "high end stereo component" found in their high end amplifiers, but i'm looking for a simple multi channel home theater receiver. seems like i'm not going to be using the extra stuff that i'm paying for.
He agreed denon price was too competitive.
he also said Onkyo isn't coming to singpaore? cuz no one is bringing them in? oh well.

So i guess Denon it is. did a quick lazada search and found alpha audio selling Denon x3700h for $1591 (with vouchers) and comes with a free QAcoustic 3090ci center speaker which i don't need. maybe can carousell that for $200+?

@benedium yes i bought the PB2000pro because it was on promo during 11.11 and cost around $150 more than PB1000pro. i'm sure my neighbours will like it! hahaha
I plan to replace the UK-to-C13 cable since i have a lot.

Soccer Ball

Suspended
Reaction score
Where you bought the pb2000 pro. Tia

Ok i did some field work today.
I went to Plaza Sing Yamaha and was surprised the A6A is finally in stock. $3499 with a free bluetooth headphones.
I sampled the A6A in a 2.1 setup. the sound was meh~ cuz i have nothing to compare with.
I was shocked that it only covers 1 year local warranty. it was supposed to be 5 years. for a product this price, i just can't.
all hdmi ports are 2.1 ready, so i guess the firmware is here.
the person was trying to sell me "high end stereo component" found in their high end amplifiers, but i'm looking for a simple multi channel home theater receiver. seems like i'm not going to be using the extra stuff that i'm paying for.
He agreed denon price was too competitive.
he also said Onkyo isn't coming to singpaore? cuz no one is bringing them in? oh well.

So i guess Denon it is. did a quick lazada search and found alpha audio selling Denon x3700h for $1591 (with vouchers) and comes with a free QAcoustic 3090ci center speaker which i don't need. maybe can carousell that for $200+?

@benedium yes i bought the PB2000pro because it was on promo during 11.11 and cost around $150 more than PB1000pro. i'm sure my neighbours will like it! hahaha
I plan to replace the UK-to-C13 cable since i have a lot.

ezyldor

Reaction score
Well I guess quite a few were eyeing the PB2000 Pro & PB1000 Pro subs for that Lazada 11.11 sale. Only 2-3 avail FYI.

I had the PB2000 Pro in my cart for $1167.
And the PB1000 Pro for $976.
PB1000 Pro plus isolation feet’s cost $10 cheaper at $966. That’s right cheaper due to ongoing promo tat made discount more.
But when I was all ready to make a decision (Pb2000 Pro) & checkout===OOS. Dammit!!!
Nice to see a couple of you guys who beat me to it. More power to you. Enjoy

ezyldor

Reaction score
How are you guys finding the PB2000 Pro?
Are any using SVS isolation feet solution with it?
Have any of you requested the Free Port Plugs to close up both ports and operate it as Sealed mode? Any experience to share how it performs for music in that mode?
Is the app useful n responsive for user profile changes and is connection stable?

sg_rangers

Reaction score
i'm still waiting for my receiver. aiming to buy on 12.12 denon x3700h.
ya i'll probably request for the foam plugs just to try it.
i'm planning to get the iso acoustic aperta sub too

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
Well I guess quite a few were eyeing the PB2000 Pro & PB1000 Pro subs for that Lazada 11.11 sale. Only 2-3 avail FYI.

PB1000 Pro plus isolation feet’s cost $10 cheaper at $966. That’s right cheaper due to ongoing promo tat made discount more.
But when I was all ready to make a decision (Pb2000 Pro) & checkout===OOS. Dammit!!!
Wah means all the buyers are active members here haha.

WatCult

Reaction score
Just wondering why everyone is only looking at the Denon x3700h and not the Marantz SR6015 especially when it is price lower here unlike in most other countries.

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
How are you guys finding the PB2000 Pro?
Are any using SVS isolation feet solution with it?
Have any of you requested the Free Port Plugs to close up both ports and operate it as Sealed mode? Any experience to share how it performs for music in that mode?
Is the app useful n responsive for user profile changes and is connection stable?
I tried the isolation feet with my PB1000 and didn't like it as i think it made the subwoofer less stable and I felt the sound was 'flabbier'. So I actually prefer the stock rubber spike feet. Maybe it's cos pb1000 is too light.

Pb2000 pro is much heavier so maybe won't have same negative effects. Not sure. Imho I think the isolation feet should not be necessary unless u are placing the sub on a surface that may make noise with vibrations, like a console or table. If u placing on solid ground, it should not have much benefit.

As for ported vs sealed for music, u can google the findings. Most say it is irrelevant. The issue has been debunked.

Buy sealed if u want smaller size and can afford to go sealed. Ported is for those who want value cos it provides more output for the same money. Pb1000 (ported) was almost equivalent to sb3000(sealed). Pb2000 maybe equivalent to sb4000. Make sense?

Last edited:

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
Just wondering why everyone is only looking at the Denon x3700h and not the Marantz SR6015 especially when it is price lower here unlike in most other countries.
Cos audiosciencereview showed x3700h is technically actually better. But audible wise maybe u won't be able to tell the difference.

nephilim

Reaction score
Yeah another SVS PB2000 Pro owner! Its a humongous subwoofer haha.

Oh when I first got it I was a bit disappointed that the power cable only came with EU "3pin" plug, which sellers said can be used like a 2 pin plug. As original power cable seemed thick and of high quality, i didn't wanna replace it but wanted to use the earth/ground 'pin'. So I bought this adapter from local seller on lazada. Here is the link for anyone interested...
https://s.lazada.sg/s.Zwk1S

Same here! Can't bear to replace the original power cord of my SB3000 (no space for PB :cry:)

vdnqrx1.jpg

Soccer Ball

Suspended
Reaction score
I'm thinking of going dual pb2000 pro🤣

sg_rangers

Reaction score
The marantz sr6015 and denon x3700h both also same price leh. $1590+. Ya x3700h review all easily available and mostly positive.

Any pb2000 Pro feedback on neighbours complain? I just kena yesterday. Complain for reno works. dunno if will kena for home theater or not. Later spent so much money and cannot enjoy..

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
The marantz sr6015 and denon x3700h both also same price leh. $1590+. Ya x3700h review all easily available and mostly positive.

Any pb2000 Pro feedback on neighbours complain? I just kena yesterday. Complain for reno works. dunno if will kena for home theater or not. Later spent so much money and cannot enjoy..
I had the SB3000 since 2019. Never had complaints so far. Either I have very nice neighbours or me putting in the effort to not watch movies past 10.
Either way, I'm happy about that. I do watch other content like TV shows in 5.1 so that sub is being used too in that scenario, that I do go past 10 and up to 12+ depending. But again, no issues at all.

Really really thankful to my neighbours. And I obviously start lowering the volume as it gets later and later and I try to soundproof the room to the best of my abilities. So yup.

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
I seriously can't imagine how subwoofer can cause much problem to neighbours. It shouldn't be any louder than feet walking even during explosion scene. And that is not a continuous sound over long time. Cannot compare to renovation sounds.

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
To share with fellow denon avr users, I recently decided dyn eq is annoyingly inconsistent with different sources/content and better turned off.

At low volumes u get less bass but that is what most people want anyway. So if u ever find explosions or soundtracks too loud, just turn OFF Dyn EQ.

After turning off Dyn EQ, I switch Sound Mode to Dolby Surround even for 2ch music and it sounds much more consistent and balanced.

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
Is there any measurement for SR6015 on ASR?
Oh and on the ASR reviews index, x3700h score is just under x8500h. They measured marantz 8015 and 7015 and the score is slightly worse than x3700h I think. But like I said as noobs we may not be able to appreciate the differences. So buy whatever u like lor. More important is to learn how to use what we have.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.