Which Direction Will Property Prices Go ?

lovemyself123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hehe I also feel strange why landmark at 2.2kpsf 3 bedder can’t move. My only guess is:
1) when no one is queuing, then better don’t buy, coz no queuing = no demand.
2) mrt, malls, elite schools are the top priorities over a centrally located project with none of the above.
3) maybe it’s a smallish project? Or is it some pple think it’s near to slum area? But that said, how come amo can move? Nearby surrounding/vibes of amo very atas meh? :(

#####

even Geylang boutique are flying off the shelves compared to that... is the vibes there worse than Geylang?

###<
landmark condo opposite is jalan kukoh leh

that few blocks is really the slums of the slums

not talking about punggol kind of slums, those are rental blocks where the poorest in sg thrive in

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Property prices increasing much faster than wages.
This is what I meant buy delinked/detached from fundamental lor.

If people buy because of FOMO, good luck!

scanner007

Reaction score

scanner007

Reaction score
Hehe I also feel strange why landmark at 2.2kpsf 3 bedder can’t move. My only guess is:
1) when no one is queuing, then better don’t buy, coz no queuing = no demand.
2) mrt, malls, elite schools are the top priorities over a centrally located project with none of the above.
3) maybe it’s a smallish project? Or is it some pple think it’s near to slum area? But that said, how come amo can move? Nearby surrounding/vibes of amo very atas meh? :(
Click here for reply on latest sale. LOL

drkcynic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
While new launch prices are incredibly high, exceeding 2100+ in OCR and 2700+ in CCR. Resale is still very reasonable.

Within resale, not all areas are the same. The price gap between CCR and OCR is at a historic low due to people moving to the heartlands during WFH and a rapid drop in foreigner purchases + new PRs due to the pandemic. D9-11 Prime units can still be had for around 2000 PSF. This won’t last.

As workers gradually returns to their CBD offices, tourism returns and Orchard retail starts to thrive again, Indo and Chinese buyers return to SG to park their wealth, the OCR to CCR gap will return to normal. River Valley is already seeing the signs with high demand and Newton/Novena is next.

Whats uncertain is whether OCR prices will drop or CCR prices rise. Either way, with New launches being too expensive in general and the OCR-CCR gap - CCR, specifically D9-11, is the best place to invest today.
Looking at resale in D9-D11 indeed. Came across few people recently who are renting in D9-11 and the rental they are paying is sky high. It is interesting in an environment of high rental yield in CCR, the prices are supposedly still beaten down.

Any interesting projects I can target? Looking at bigger projects with healthy transactions.

momoeagle

Reaction score
That is exactly who i was referring to

and a few others

i rmb receiving an economics lecture that interest rate is impossible to stay high!!!
interest rate is impossible to stay high forever.

But "markets can stay irrational longer than we can remain solvent" applies for both bull and bear.

bluegt

Reaction score
Looking at resale in D9-D11 indeed. Came across few people recently who are renting in D9-11 and the rental they are paying is sky high. It is interesting in an environment of high rental yield in CCR, the prices are supposedly still beaten down.

Any interesting projects I can target? Looking at bigger projects with healthy transactions.

Soleil @ Sinaran has been a hot one recently. Just keep in mind that you will be paying full price with these large projects (because there are lots of transactions). For the same reason, easier to exit if you are the type to buy/sell often.

Trilight and Residences @ Evelyn at the Newton area large as well. Not as "hot" as Soleil, but they are Freehold.

drkcynic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Soleil @ Sinaran has been a hot one recently. Just keep in mind that you will be paying full price with these large projects (because there are lots of transactions). For the same reason, easier to exit if you are the type to buy/sell often.

Trilight and Residences @ Evelyn at the Newton area large as well. Not as "hot" as Soleil, but they are Freehold.
My budget is below 2m for 2 bedder. Soleil looks like a good shout thanks.

FH should be out for me especially in Newton.

bluegt

Reaction score
My budget is below 2m for 2 bedder. Soleil looks like a good shout thanks.

FH should be out for me especially in Newton.

Really nice development. Worth doing a viewing, facilities are still top notch and it's just beside the MRT. Larger units have private lifts also.

Prices at Soleil have run up to 2000 PSF and its 16+ years into the lease, so personally I'd rather get a FH at 2000-2100PSF at Newton rather than a LH at 1900-2000PSF at Novena. That said, both are great options vs say LM or AMO.

Hohohomoo

Banned
Reaction score
Really nice development. Worth doing a viewing, facilities are still top notch and it's just beside the MRT. Larger units have private lifts also.

Prices at Soleil have run up to 2000 PSF and its 16+ years into the lease, so personally I'd rather get a FH at 2000-2100PSF at Newton rather than a LH at 1900-2000PSF at Novena. That said, both are great options vs say LM or AMO.
Amo and lentor is the best. Because there’s a lot of queuing. Newton/novena no good because no one queuing.
when buy cai png, look out for longest q.
When buy property, the same principle applies :(

drkcynic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Saw a few 2 bedders transacted at 18xx psf this year, got chance. Aug, there was one for 1801psf. Let's see if this imminent inflation spook off more weak hands.

FH at Newton, don't think have 2-2.1PSF.

I have no interest in new launches.

bluegt

Reaction score
Saw a few 2 bedders transacted at 18xx psf this year, got chance. Aug, there was one for 1801psf. Let's see if this imminent inflation spook off more weak hands.

FH at Newton, don't think have 2-2.1PSF.

I have no interest in new launches.

Smart!

The ones I have seen transacted in the last 2-3 months around that area, < 2,200 PSF and <1,000 SQFT - all Freehold:
- The Peak @ Cairnhill I
- The Armadale
- Suites @ Newton
- Novena Suites
- Novena Hill
- Novena Court
- Newton Edge
- Newton 18
- L'Viv
- Mulberry Tree

drkcynic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Smart!

The ones I have seen transacted in the last 2-3 months around that area, < 2,200 PSF and <1,000 SQFT - all Freehold:
- The Peak @ Cairnhill I
- The Armadale
- Suites @ Newton
- Novena Suites
- Novena Hill
- Novena Court
- Newton Edge
- Newton 18
- L'Viv
- Mulberry Tree
Some FHs like Novena Court, is 52 yo! Looking like it's from another dimension. The prices are also quite depressed.

I just wonder for people who pays premium for FH, like 3k psf or something, do they really expect to hold it "forever". When that development reaches 50yo and look like a relic, how will it still be worth 3k psf?

Maybe by then properties are averaging 6k psf lol.

bluegt

Reaction score
Some FHs like Novena Court, is 52 yo! Looking like it's from another dimension. The prices are also quite depressed.

I just wonder for people who pays premium for FH, like 3k psf or something, do they really expect to hold it "forever". When that development reaches 50yo and look like a relic, how will it still be worth 3k psf?

Maybe by then properties are averaging 6k psf lol.

Haha yeah, many old ones. I'm not familiar with those developments so would would need to check age for all of them.

Novena Court just transacted at 1500 PSF so they hold value. Buyers are either a) hoping for enbloc or b) plan to Reno and then it's like new (but not the facilities obviously). At that age, the building structure is probably worth 0 and what you pay for at 1500 PSF is just the land value (which will only appreciate).

Personally, I'd go for one closer to ~2000 PSF which is ~10-20 years old for own stay . They will still have modern facilities & exterior.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.