Which Direction Will Property Prices Go ?

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
####

These days almost anything sells...
We laugh at G&L, G is already 80% sold

we laugh at TWR, launch day only < 5% sold, now sold out

And many more carrot projects...

###

bluegt

Reaction score
####

These days almost anything sells...
We laugh at G&L, G is already 80% sold

we laugh at TWR, launch day only < 5% sold, now sold out

And many more carrot projects...

###

Meanwhile D'Evelyn, a FH just behind Pullman and a stone's throw from Newton MRT (1 stop from Orchard), just had a transaction at $1,654PSF (614sqft unit).

Amazing that people are willing to queue and pay 2100+ PSF for ulu location LH new launches.

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile D'Evelyn, a FH just behind Pullman and a stone's throw from Newton MRT (1 stop from Orchard), just had a transaction at $1,654PSF (614sqft unit).

Amazing that people are willing to queue and pay 2100+ PSF for ulu location LH new launches.

#####

there are people who look for good deals
There are people whose life become miserable if they don’t buy new

there are those who think carefully
there are those who throw caution to the wind

There are those who look at trend and draw conclusions
There are those who do not look at historical, close eyes and just rocket shoot to the moon...

####

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score

For me, stay in house must be new. Must have good facilities also. Amenities such as ntuc, good school, medical facilities, eateries more important than mrt. Sea/ mountain view is good but sea view must be those Maldives type.

For investment, don’t buy property but good businesses (stocks). D'Evelyn is cui. (1) looks old (2) no facilities

Sometimes it is the perception. Today u can say you have $10m portfolio and got few properties. If you got no car, ppl also see you no up. Just like properties, you buy value for money property but old and no facilities, ppl also laugh at you. Like Novena court, give me lobang I also don’t want

bluegt

Reaction score
For me, stay in house must be new. Must have good facilities also. Amenities such as ntuc, good school, medical facilities, eateries more important than mrt. Sea/ mountain view is good but sea view must be those Maldives type.

For investment, don’t buy property but good businesses (stocks). D'Evelyn is cui. (1) looks old (2) no facilities

Sometimes it is the perception. Today u can say you have $10m portfolio and got few properties. If you got no car, ppl also see you no up. Just like properties, you buy value for money property but old and no facilities, ppl also laugh at you. Like Novena court, give me lobang I also don’t want

Very true.

IMO, I let people laugh then I just ask them, oh so where do you stay? Then they keep quiet.

Most people in the world don’t know what they themselves want. They get their satisfaction from others when friends and colleagues give you praise for being successful in buying a new launch. Some need others to validate their choices. Queuing for cai png or a new launch is one of the best ways to get that.

To each his own - I see a home as a place to live and a store of wealth, and not a status symbol.

Last edited:

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Very true.

IMO, I let people laugh then I just ask them, oh so where do you stay? Then they keep quiet.

Most people in the world don’t know what they themselves want. They get their satisfaction from others when friends and colleagues give you praise for being successful in buying a new launch. Some need others to validate their choices. Queuing for cai png or a new launch is one of the best ways to get that.

To each his own - I see a home as a place to live and a store of wealth, and not a status symbol.
You have to decide between comfort vs store of wealth. Novena court maybe cheap but I think my wife will kick a fuss if I tell her that will be our new home. We love full height window and lots of light into the house. Those old estate cannot.
Store of wealth definitely yes. If I want my money to appreciate, then stock market definitely is better
For me, status is secondary. One can haolian a lot but end of the day still boils down to how much ur bank account has. Haha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.