Which Direction Will Property Prices Go ?

bongbongboy

Reaction score
But why small development not popular? What I understand they usually develop by those small developers also
At least for me, it’s because it doesn’t feel like an upgrade. I will only buy a condo with full facilities like a proper lap pool, functional gym, covered carpark, with nice landscaping. Come home feel good and weekends can take a nice swim. If it’s a boutique condo with little facilities, I rather stay in nearby hdb. Pay less for more space.

But this is just my subjective opinion. Not sure if representative of most ppl. Also, I guess in some areas like Newton, don’t even have hdb alternative so the cheapest form of housing is condo.

Gibbfa

Reaction score
Wah, FH condo hold until enbloc. Means my whole life must hold on to one property? What if uplorry Liao still no enbloc leh? Lol
Err…btw, most of the newton examples u gave mostly less than 3 transaction per year. And these condos are from last decade or two. Which pre 2010 condo can’t make money after holding for so long? Many other non core region districts condo of the same era also can perform as good if not better, and with a much healthier transaction volume than all these newton condos. Why die die must be newton? :o
Sorry where is 3 transaction per year? Residences at Evelyn had 12 transactions in 2021. Not sure what u saying here

but I do agree d11 and d10 are great for own stay especially families with kids. Good amenities , good schools and very centralised location.

for investor , I think rcr could be better choice for smaller sized units.

Last edited:

Robertcarrot

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry where is 3 transaction per year? Residences at Evelyn had 12 transactions in 2021. Not sure what u saying here
U go see most recent data in 2022 for Evelyn residence (3 transaction), newton one (1 transaction) and trilight (2 transaction) la. Hello, we r now in a seller’s market leh. Such limited number of resale transaction got anything to shout about meh? Many other resale condo one month transaction already surpass these Newton smallish projects added up in one year.
So your CHP 1 bedder got hit 3.5kpsf or not? :o

Last edited:

Gibbfa

Reaction score
U go see most recent data in 2022 for Evelyn residence (3 transaction), newton one (1 transaction) and trilight (2 transaction) la. Hello, we r now in a seller’s market leh. Such limited number of transaction got anything to shout about meh?
So your CHP 1 bedder got hit 3.5kpsf or not? :o
Of course this year prices have all run up. I don’t see what’s wrong with less transactions this year. These condos are largely own stay or have longer tenancy due to larger sized 2-3bdrm units. More of the people not selling , with holding power , or are simply staying there themselves. I have visited residences at Evelyn and it has large grounds with bigger sized units. I personally don’t mind staying there.

CHP has hit 3.4K psf for high floor

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
At least for me, it’s because it doesn’t feel like an upgrade. I will only buy a condo with full facilities like a proper lap pool, functional gym, covered carpark, with nice landscaping. Come home feel good and weekends can take a nice swim. If it’s a boutique condo with little facilities, I rather stay in nearby hdb. Pay less for more space.

But this is just my subjective opinion. Not sure if representative of most ppl. Also, I guess in some areas like Newton, don’t even have hdb alternative so the cheapest form of housing is condo.
Actually I worked in Novena/ Newton before. Seriously I won’t want to stay there. I belongs to the peasant group, better stay with peasants. Later accidentally offend 1 big boss or lawyer; then frighten till pants also drop. I rather be big fish in small pond than small fish in ocean.

Robertcarrot

Banned
Reaction score
Of course this year prices have all run up. I don’t see what’s wrong with less transactions this year. These condos are largely own stay or have longer tenancy due to larger sized 2-3bdrm units. More of the people not selling , with holding power , or are simply staying there themselves. I have visited residences at Evelyn and it has large grounds with bigger sized units. I personally don’t mind staying there.

CHP has hit 3.4K psf for high floor
There u see, u already admit this type of condo is mainly for self stay. That’s y who in the right mind would want to buy them as investment, paying a high quantum for an oversized 2 bedder and hoping to exit easily? Read my post above.
If buy for self stay u buy anywhere also no problem. Tekong or ubin also no problem for self stay if exiting is not your priority.

Last edited:

bongbongboy

Reaction score
Actually I worked in Novena/ Newton before. Seriously I won’t want to stay there. I belongs to the peasant group, better stay with peasants. Later accidentally offend 1 big boss or lawyer; then frighten till pants also drop. I rather be big fish in small pond than small fish in ocean.
My friend bought 26 Newton 1 bedder at launch. Now trying to sell cos they don’t like staying there. They move back to ocr lol.

anyway for those who want to buy ccr, 26 Newton still have stock. 1.87M for 926 sqft penthouse. 2k psf for freehold, top floor and iirc private jacuzzi in Newton!!! Wah!

Gibbfa

Reaction score
My friend bought 26 Newton 1 bedder at launch. Now trying to sell cos they don’t like staying there. They move back to ocr lol.

anyway for those who want to buy ccr, 26 Newton still have stock. 1.87M for 926 sqft penthouse. 2k psf for freehold, top floor and iirc private jacuzzi in Newton!!! Wah!
26 Newton is a bad bad condo. Layout is terrible. Not suitable for families at all.

I would move out too if I stay there

Gibbfa

Reaction score
There u see, u already admit this type of condo is mainly for self stay. That’s y who in the right mind would want to buy them as investment and hoping to exit easily? Read my post above.
If buy for self stay u buy anywhere also no problem. Tekong or ubin also no problem for self stay if exiting is not your priority.
Self stay is also a form of investment. I’m sure u buy self stay you want the value to hold or appreciate as well. I won’t feel good if my self stay residence keeps depreciating in value .

tbh people who stay in CCR will find it very hard to move to OCR.

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score

1b 2b for $1.87M. Serious bo? I buy AMO liao

Robertcarrot

Banned
Reaction score
Self stay is also a form of investment. I’m sure u buy self stay you want the value to hold or appreciate as well. I won’t feel good if my self stay residence keeps depreciating in value .

tbh people who stay in CCR will find it very hard to move to OCR.
Self stay is a form of investment if your exit is easy. Self stay is not a form of good investment if you find it hard to exit when u want to sell. Transaction volume and demand don’t lie. Else why so many CCR units till now still got so many unsold units compared to those city fringe and suburb despite the fact psf is narrowing. I’m not sure what’s there to debate about when all data are all easily available and pointing towards the fact that core central is no longer sought after by majority sinkie. A good property defines wider targeted group audience and not something too niche and only targeting limited buyer profile.

Last edited:

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Self stay is a form of investment if your exit is easy. Self stay is not a form of good investment if you find it hard to exit when u want to sell. Transaction volume and demand don’t lie. Else why so many CCR units till now still got so many unsold units compared to those city fringe and suburb despite the fact psf is narrowing. I’m not sure what’s there to debate about when all data are all easily available and pointing towards the fact that core central is no longer sought after by majority sinkie. A good investment defines wider targeted group audience and not something too niche and only targeting limited buyer profile.
But since OCR, RCR price so near to CCR, why Singaporean not buying CCR?

bongbongboy

Reaction score
But but but it’s freehold! Tiagong CCR undervalued now sir.

amo 99 year surrounded by hdb… the pool also must share with 371 other families.
Actually I just realised want to buy amo also cannot buy unless buy the penthouse at 2.4k psf :(

Now ish easy to say buy but hard to get good ballot number. Machiam like entering good pri sch

Lurkingaround

Reaction score
Think can be many factors here, some prefer staying near their parents which are mostly outside of town area. Not much hype in town these days with all the neighbourhood malls being pretty big and lots of stores, and the flexi WFH arrangement is another big thing too

Robertcarrot

Banned
Reaction score
Because sinkie still wants to stay near their parents, go to their normal coffee shop to da bao their Cai png, sheng siong buy their cheap grocery. Expenses in heartland is generally more affordable. And due to massive revamp and decentralization, do u still need to drive to orchard to buy your daily grocery everyday? Everything is so easily accessible in heartland shops and malls. Some even have sports hub with commercial retails in heartland with beautiful parks and greenery. Plus, staying in condo with healthy number of units you are enjoying the full facilities u paid for. Smallish boutique FH development got what? Just a pathetic small pool on top of the building to collect dust and falling leaves nia which u won’t even feel like swimming and still need to pay higher MCST fee (due to lesser units) for limited facility?
Can’t expect your parents to always dine at high class bistro for their meals right.

Last edited:

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Because sinkie still wants to stay near their parents, go to their normal coffee shop to da bao their Cai png, sheng siong buy their cheap grocery. Expenses in heartland is generally more affordable. And due to massive revamp and decentralization, do u still need to drive to orchard to buy your daily grocery everyday? Everything is so easily accessible in heartland shops malls. Some even have sports hub with commercial retails in heartland. Plus, staying in condo with healthy number of units you are enjoying the facilities u paid for. Smallish boutique FH development got what? Just a pathetic small pool on top of the building to collect dust and falling leaves nia.
I can’t expect my parents to always go high class bistro for their meals right.
Wow! Like that say the CCR bull angry liao

Robertcarrot

Banned
Reaction score
Wow! Like that say the CCR bull angry liao
What’s there to be angry when truth are told? If got demand in core central then the units should be flying off the shelf very fast mah. How come LM/Amo do better than one Bernam or Pullman? All these are facts what.
Ps, I’m also not a supporter of LM/Amo recent price. Just comment based on facts.

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
What’s there to be angry when truth are told? If got demand in core central then the units should be flying off the shelf very fast mah. How come LM/Amo do better than one Bernam or Pullman? All these are facts what.
Ps, I’m also not a supporter of LM/Amo recent price. Just comment based on facts.
I am wondering whether is the price increase due to inflation? For example if u build small project, price increase less than if you build a project with 1000 units.

Gibbfa

Reaction score
Self stay is a form of investment if your exit is easy. Self stay is not a form of good investment if you find it hard to exit when u want to sell. Transaction volume and demand don’t lie. Else why so many CCR units till now still got so many unsold units compared to those city fringe and suburb despite the fact psf is narrowing. I’m not sure what’s there to debate about when all data are all easily available and pointing towards the fact that core central is no longer sought after by majority sinkie. A good property defines wider targeted group audience and not something too niche and only targeting limited buyer profile.
There are other ways to look at it. Low transaction doesn’t mean hard to exit. It could just be little or no sellers since the development is so good . Most are own stay and don’t want to sell. In the event someone decides to put up for sale, it’s snapped up in weeks. I won’t be surprised maybe 20 bidders going after one 3BR due to the scarcity.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.