Which Direction Will Property Prices Go ?

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Things that I intend to use for long time, I will buy new also. Shiok to use new one. My 1st car is used not because I don’t like new car. But because my skill sucks and buy used so if I bang something, I don’t feel heart pain. Subsequently is all new
This one I agree with you. Very relatable.

manics

Master Member
Reaction score
Me and wife bought an investment property and started renting out in 2020. We specially open a bank account trying to keep track of our rental earning from 2020 to 2022 (after deducting MCST every month, income tax, property tax, interest, appliances replacement cost and other misc cost). We were shock by the amount was so little. It’s nothing near 6 digit tbh after renting out for 3 years.

Try do the math, follow my way of tracking net rental earned. You will get a more realistic earning amt after deducting all the expenses. Buying property for investment/rental is nothing wrong, but it is definitely not favorable to buy now.
Especially With high interest rate eating into your yield, there’s really little motivation to invest in props now.
you forget to add the expenses once you are selling:
- lawyers' fee
- property agent's fee

This will add to your "cost" of the rental and the eventual profit margin

sellipad2

Reaction score
No horse run, pasir ris 8 2.1k psf, even if its top floor, means lower floor same price at one North area
last year all the boy screaming at $2k PSF, didnt know fast forward one year later we have $2.1K, wonder whats the floor level

Things that I intend to use for long time, I will buy new also. Shiok to use new one. My 1st car is used not because I don’t like new car. But because my skill sucks and buy used so if I bang something, I don’t feel heart pain. Subsequently is all new

Same here too, first car is used and i banged the front and back bumper 2-3x, after that new all the way no more incidents, first car is like training ground.

Last edited:

ThinkCarefully

Master Member
Reaction score

no wonder people say buy to wait, not wait to buy

Lets welcome Pasir Ris 8 at....$2100 PSF! No new lows recorded too for the week.

Up and up...and up

#####

actually, it is good for everyone who owns property for the tide to keep rising…

just the higher risk for these buyers who buy higher and higher… as they are betting prices will go even higher and highest…

No right or wrong, take your money Place your bet…

I have already taken my bets off the table, but would want to watch how others’ bets perform…

#####

Hohohomoo

Banned
Reaction score
you forget to add the expenses once you are selling:
- lawyers' fee
- property agent's fee

This will add to your "cost" of the rental and the eventual profit margin
And if u noticed, I also purposely don’t include accrued interest incurred. :o
But since he’s just talking about rental, I will leave these out.

Last edited:

elvintay07

Reaction score
#####

actually, it is good for everyone who owns property for the tide to keep rising…

just the higher risk for these buyers who buy higher and higher… as they are betting prices will go even higher and highest…

No right or wrong, take your money Place your bet…

I have already taken my bets off the table, but would want to watch how others’ bets perform…

#####
Don’t bang balls. Some want to time market and in the end, the boat sail away.

SKinny86

Master Member
Reaction score
There's something call opportunity cost. Some people like to put tens and hundreds of thousands into property market, while I enjoy accumulating hard assets like silver, gold and enjoying my profits. Stock markets are all at value zone.

I'll come back later when everything cools down a bit in the property market. Have fun for all property mooners~!

"Be greedy when others are fearful, be fearful when others are greedy"

roflolmao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A 68 sqm (732 sq ft) flat at Ang Mo Kio was just sold for $710,000, an all-time high for a three-room flat in the HDB town. In terms of price psf, this works out to an eye-watering $970.

ThinkCarefully

Master Member
Reaction score
Don’t bang balls. Some want to time market and in the end, the boat sail away.

So far so good for me. I don’t time the market. I assess the market.

#####

exactly, I think carefully and assess instead of presuming... everyone knows what happens when presumption goes haywire...

May end up not have balls to bang...🤣🤣

#####

Last edited:

elvintay07

Reaction score
I realise you really make plenty of unjustified assumptions in your posts, although you do display some sense sometimes.
In 2020 and even till 2021, 小弟,我 together with Biden and Powell also think those ****ers who said inflation can hit 9% long term is making unjustified assumptions

My friend, a “game over” investor in his 80s tell us anything is possible after covid. Our group of young investors think he is talking cock until 2022

elvintay07

Reaction score
#####

exactly, I think carefully and assess instead of presuming... everyone knows what happens when presumption goes haywire...

May end up not have balls to bang...🤣🤣

#####
Yes sir. You are right. In fact I am very blessed in life and I am thankful. So far I am 99.9999999% wrong but I see my assets increasing every year. If got chance to get 99.999999% correct, maybe can rub shoulders with the top 1,000 richest person in SG

elvintay07

Reaction score
A 68 sqm (732 sq ft) flat at Ang Mo Kio was just sold for $710,000, an all-time high for a three-room flat in the HDB town. In terms of price psf, this works out to an eye-watering $970.

Game over liao la. If mass market predictions are correct, I think even the buyer wait for next 20 years also lose money

bujingyun82

Reaction score
Fact of the matter is still that the underlying sentiment and the property market is resilient, despite rising interest, war, inflation etc. Otherwise you won’t see all 56units of copen grand 5br sold out on the first day it’s open to all 2nd timers. Singaporeans are really rich.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
In 2020 and even till 2021, 小弟,我 together with Biden and Powell also think those ****ers who said inflation can hit 9% long term is making unjustified assumptions

My friend, a “game over” investor in his 80s tell us anything is possible after covid. Our group of young investors think he is talking cock until 2022
No, I do not mean your predictions. I mean the unjustified assumptions on what you think people say.

eg the following:
Most ppl keep shouting property crash

But your more recent posts are more subdued in this area, and nicer to read.

elvintay07

Reaction score
No, I do not mean your predictions. I mean the unjustified assumptions on what you think people say.

eg the following:

But your more recent posts are more subdued in this area, and nicer to read.
Oh. That one ah. 1m65 also say. Aaron also say will stagnant. But seriously I don’t know. I was talking cock with some Malaysians. They sounded like BN baojiak but in the end “Game over”. In fact every country also more or less jialat. Only thing I quite sure is PAP will be riding high in 2024

Hohohomoo

Banned
Reaction score
Elvin in real life must be a fun person. Like those kind who can lim beer together and gong jiao wei whole night. :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.