Which Direction Will Property Prices Go ?

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it not because sentosa is chui, its because their ENTRY price is chui.

Profit is made at point of purchase not point of sale.

if one can enter resale at $1k psf in sentosa cove with full waterfront view, u see anyone will laugh and say sentosa chui anot :LOL:

####

Agree. This shows how much overpriced the Sentosa area was that many years still buyers cannot get out without getting burnt...

###

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol, ulu means deserted… it conflicts with “so many people”.

Near or far depends on the reference. With the shift of population density and decentralisation… the central reference point may not be CBD anymore. That’s a trend to take note of.
Population density shifting to where? The OCR areas are already the most dense and crowded.

Hippocrates

Reaction score
Population density shifting to where? The OCR areas are already the most dense and crowded.

To know a trend, the current state doesn't matter as much as the magnitude and trajectory of changes in different zones/subzones over the past decades. But the quantitative evidence of decentralisation is more than that. There are also shifting wealth distribution of the residents and shifting economic activities - the former could be easily inferred from publicly available data, while the latter was a real pain to uncover and to model.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I like his last concluding line.. “if a pandemic like covid cannot affect Singapore property prices, what makes you think a cooling measure will.”Hahahaha.

COVID mainly affect the poor people, rich people are not affected as badly. Moreover the interest rate has dropped to all time low and low interest rate has always resulted in inflated assets prices. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the pandemic has help to inflate price and cooling measures will help to deflate the price. I don't get his logic or jokes.

zzzzzzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
because of covid situation many people with money who usually like to travel suddenly cannot travel, so they choose to pay more cov and buyed hdb resale at higher prices since money no where to spend
:frown:

petetherock

Reaction score
Building costs are going up, and timelines will be extended. But you can't hold it against the builders, the law ensures they are treated fairly.. so plan ahead when you start, and know that you'll need more time and money.
But the interest rates are down recently, so it's a good time to re-finance..

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

this one is fact backed by data? Shoebox went up by 20% over last ONE YEAR meh....but CNA, should be facts. But i dont see any headlines for shoebox in last 6 mths

daheigou999

Reaction score

this one is fact backed by data? Shoebox went up by 20% over last ONE YEAR meh....but CNA, should be facts. But i dont see any headlines for shoebox in last 6 mths

Shoeboxes are damn sad. I rented one for a while, and swear never to go back again :o

WilliamWW

Reaction score
Shoeboxes are damn sad. I rented one for a while, and swear never to go back again :o
One person actually enuff liao lah. Let's say chiu got a 1600sf flat and 4 family members, 1600/4=? Besides, usually where does man rank in the priority order? :grin:

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Condo Resale Prices Grow 1.5% in April 2021, Volumes Estimated to Hit 11-Year High​

• Month-on-month, overall prices increase by 1.5% over March 2021.
  • Year-on-year, overall prices increase by 5.8% over April 2020.
  • Year-on-year, all regions experience price increases: CCR by 2.6%, RCR by 5.5% and OCR by 7.3%.

https://www.srx.com.sg/research/610...yUYdl5X9D2aJHe_ws7m1fLcsOGM-au2t3w9VyDqzaRr9A
Wow D21 posted $426k median capital gain, I recall last month it also posted very solid gains..

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow D21 posted $426k median capital gain, I recall last month it also posted very solid gains..
hmm if its new launch its expected since new launches were around $1800 with forett, Verdale, Ki residences, kismis etc...but resale median also went up so much? not sure from which resale projects.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm if its new launch its expected since new launches were around $1800 with forett, Verdale, Ki residences, kismis etc...but resale median also went up so much? not sure from which resale projects.
If I recall back in Mar also 6 digit median gain for D21, think it was 3xxk..

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I recall back in Mar also 6 digit median gain for D21, think it was 3xxk..
yea i notice D21 prices surged alot, not sure why.

maybe its those resale condos like floridian, cascadia, if they are located in D21. i dont see a surge in resale yet so not sure how they determine the resale basket

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yea i notice D21 prices surged alot, not sure why.

maybe its those resale condos like floridian, cascadia, if they are located in D21. i dont see a surge in resale yet so not sure how they determine the resale basket
I think I know which dev, maple woods? It has been uptrend for the past 5years.. and was highlighted here not long ago too

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think I know which dev, maple woods? It has been uptrend for the past 5years.. and was highlighted here not long ago too
yea likely so, and D21 has around 100 projects though, generally i also notice a slight increase in hume, hillside and cascadia. The new and resale in D21 kinda went up too fast, if there is a correction this district will have higher downside too

scanner007

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.