Which Direction Will Property Prices Go ?

Applephilic

Reaction score
SO happy for rich boy boy as he is targeting landed now. Rich boy boy may like this fresh video from Property Lim Brothers. Have not watched it but can already predict the conclusion. Enjoy and ... HUAT LAH. :ROFLMAO: :p Please share with us what expert Melvin LIm has got to say!

Is This Prime Time for Landed Properties in 2021 - 2022? | NOTG S2 Ep4​

Aren’t the conclusion always the same? Just buy no need to think coz prices will go up

Mokette

Reaction score
The conclusion is prices will continue to go up albeit more gradual perhaps. The current Low interest rate environment is a good reason to upgrade/buy.
Agree, I just think that the growth should not be as fast as below now...

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now rental rates also rising, will lend support to runaway prices.

Mortgage loan still at 1.1% so theres low cost of financing, deposit rates are near 0.5% so cash rich investors chasing yield, rising rental rates will only improve gross rental yield help to reinforce the real estate prices.

Doesnt help when you have developers like forett raising prices by 3% last week

wetdreamx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya will never loss ya, hehe !
b8e0f1-G-L-18May-IWA-.jpg

zaclee

Reaction score
Private home sales in May 2021 has (expectedly) dropped, by about 30% compared to Apr 2021 (about 860 units vs 1260 units in Apr). Comparing YOY, sales is 77% higher.

Pretty strong results still surprisingly… despite lesser new projects launched, and that half the month is effectively lost due to Heightened Alert. (y) I would have expected a much larger decline.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ship has sailed :o Wait for next correction :o
Indeed. Think both new launch and resale if we compare to prices in 2020 when the pandemic was bad, the ship had sailed but if not now then never. The ship may have gone further from dock aft 2021.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you look at sti 2400-2500 mid last year, those who missed the bottom would say boat has sailed at 2800+, but it sail all the way till 3150 today. its easy to say boat has sailed on hindsight, but one never know if today is peak or trough of economic cycle.

Usually economic recovery last about 3-5 years per average, and the last one was 10 years. Personally i take the view this is the start of recovery rather than the end, and the opportunity cost of missing out on an upcycle and staying uninvested is just too high.

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Indeed. Think both new launch and resale if we compare to prices in 2020 when the pandemic was bad, the ship had sailed but if not now then never. The ship may have gone further from dock aft 2021.
Q1 2020 vs Q1 2021, 6.6% increased overall

rlskyline

Master Member
Reaction score
if you look at sti 2400-2500 mid last year, those who missed the bottom would say boat has sailed at 2800+, but it sail all the way till 3150 today. its easy to say boat has sailed on hindsight, but one never know if today is peak or trough of economic cycle.

Usually economic recovery last about 3-5 years per average, and the last one was 10 years. Personally i take the view this is the start of recovery rather than the end, and the opportunity cost of missing out on an upcycle and staying uninvested is just too high.
yup I have not seen such a market before in a recession

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup I have not seen such a market before in a recession
same here, usually stock market always lead economy by 3-6 months which will in turn lead real estate by similar period. Currently economy yet to fully rebound but you see real estate moving ahead of curve already

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.