Which Direction Will Property Prices Go ?

dareaper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am guessing Fuji Xerox towers will launch at average 34XX psf. Not sure how well it will do due to the location though. Good view needs to face the viaduct, and the inside view faces one Bernam...

CaptainSGP

Reaction score
Anyone knows the breakeven for Fuji Xerox?

To move units, need to price below One Bernam.

Just like how Whistler Grand pricing was below Twin Vew.
22xx to 25xx psf pricing will move units!
I just realised that Fuji Xerox is freehold. In this case a premium of around 10% (below the usual 15% to 20%) above One Bernam will move units !

Last edited:

CaptainSGP

Reaction score
Wah! If price below One Bernam (~$2500psf average) for typical size 2-3 bedder, I will be most happy to put in a check. At least this is by CDL, and not Singhaiyi at Maxwell.

Think now can still get mid-rise 2 bedders there for $2.4k psf. But same situation as LM, the developer not very strong with marketing.

From what I was told, car park is first-come-first-serve and not charged for Bernam residents (unless MCST changes after); but need to verify from buyers.

Yeah, near term I think attention is all at OCR and RCR… but it’s double-edged, if a market is too hype, chances are that it is priced in by developers. No harm look around - what is un-rated today might be underrated tomorrow.
Eventually it will be voted by MCST. But what % share does the residents have ? Most buyers are investors & the retail owners are likely investors. Most likely will want to charge on parking separately to boost the investment returns.

Just my opinion for new launches - It's not that the marketing is no good, it is that the product is not good enough to justify price or the price is too high.

Eventually, i think it is likely that both One Bernam & Landmark will relaunch at lower prices closer to the ABSD deadline.

Verghez

Reaction score
Eventually it will be voted by MCST. But what % share does the residents have ? Most buyers are investors & the retail owners are likely investors. Most likely will want to charge on parking separately to boost the investment returns.

Just my opinion for new launches - It's not that the marketing is no good, it is that the product is not good enough to justify price or the price is too high.

Eventually, i think it is likely that both One Bernam & Landmark will relaunch at lower prices closer to the ABSD deadline.
I agree with this. Marketing only helps a little, in this information age, it’s all about the product or the price. If product is darn good price high also no issue. If product is average, price low sure kope. If product lousy, price cheap also cannot save.

daheigou999

Reaction score
I just realised that Fuji Xerox is freehold. In this case a premium of around 10% (below the usual 15% to 20%) above One Bernam will move units !
They will triangulate against Sky Everton (further but FH) and One Bernam (closer but LH) :o

Height matters for an unblocked sea view, so price jumps per floor will be significant :o

scanner007

Reaction score
I agree with this. Marketing only helps a little, in this information age, it’s all about the product or the price. If product is darn good price high also no issue. If product is average, price low sure kope. If product lousy, price cheap also cannot save.
You mean One Bernam, Riviere, Landmark are lousy product since their sale is slow?
StackedHome rated One Bernam with 74%, Riviere with 81% rating and Landmark 77%.
StackedHome lousy assessment?
I have issue with someone trying to act smart as if he/she is a property expert here. Of course I am not referring to you. Everything shoud be factual. LOL

Verghez

Reaction score
You mean One Bernam, Riviere, Landmark are lousy product since their sale is slow?
StackedHome rated One Bernam with 74%, Riviere with 81% rating and Landmark 77%.
StackedHome lousy assessment?
I have issue with someone trying to act smart as if he/she is a property expert here. Of course I am not referring to you. Everything shoud be factual. LOL
I don’t mean that. Maybe I didn’t express myself well, I just feel marketing has limited impact, but what’s more important is to price it well. These sales slow, I feel is more of a factor of pricing being too high for the product.

StackedHomes give very good assessments generally, and their rating already take into account pricing too. I read it every few days for leisure.

Finally, I want to stress I’m no expert. I really hope you’re not suaning me, haha. I’m sure many people here have more experience and made millions from property. I just give my two cents worth 😌

zaclee

Reaction score
Just citing MCC as example -
I must admit I didn’t think much of MCC before. Looking at Queen’s Peak, and somehow I felt it lack that final bit of polish compared to Commonwealth - not just design, but detailing.

So when I went Landmark showflat, I wasn’t expecting much at first. But the showflat was good, and as a product I didn’t think it was bad at all to be fair. It gave me second thoughts.

It is with that curiosity I went to see One Bernam for fun. To be honest, I was not even aware of this project at first. While the showflat itself is smaller (due to site), the unit interior material selection can match the big boys. Marble floor and branded appliances for all units. Even some big boys may sometimes cut corners with cheaper tiles and mass brands for their supposed premium product.

Its good to see progress in developers, at the end of the day consumers win. Hopefully, we see the other small developers like Oxley or SHY step up too.

I don’t disagree Internet gives more info. But do we know commission paid to agents? How about perception vs actual product? Too many factors at play. Otherwise how to see why PR8 and LM both have 2 bedders at $2.2k psf?

And this coming from a fan of CHP. If only more projects are like this!

But interesting discussion going on! 👍🏻

Last edited:

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
###

TT talks about CHP, more an investor purchase?

Those locals who bought Martin Modern are the TOP 10% earners or foreigners happy to pay ABSD.

Seaside, TV huat projects

Find out about the not so good ones in the video

###

###

There was one point in the video where he exclaimed Florence is selling at 19xx psf in an unbelieving tone....

Actually, I was also surprised if true... haha

###

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just citing MCC as example -
I must admit I didn’t think much of MCC before. Looking at Queen’s Peak, and somehow I felt it lack that final bit of polish compared to Commonwealth - not just design, but detailing.

So when I went Landmark showflat, I wasn’t expecting much at first. But the showflat was good, and as a product I didn’t think it was bad at all to be fair. It gave me second thoughts.

It is with that curiosity I went to see One Bernam for fun. To be honest, I was not even aware of this project at first. While the showflat itself is smaller (due to site), the unit interior material selection can match the big boys. Marble floor and branded appliances for all units. Even some big boys may sometimes cut corners with cheaper tiles and mass brands for their supposed premium product.

Its good to see progress in developers, at the end of the day consumers win. Hopefully, we see the other small developers like Oxley or SHY step up too.

I don’t disagree Internet gives more info. But do we know commission paid to agents? How about perception vs actual product? Too many factors at play. Otherwise how to see why PR8 and LM both have 2 bedders at $2.2k psf?

And this coming from a fan of CHP. If only more projects are like this!

But interesting discussion going on! 👍🏻
But but but Queens peak trumped in innovation and layout…
Common Bedroom that can only fit in single bed is trump :(:oops:
Curve is considered elegant?
https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-ne...Xm9eWsXfdprortXKqiXicdYrxGLohmAdWB2p6TzIiqTI8

normoh

Reaction score
Which project surrounding? LOL
If they seriously want to make the downtown a liveable place, should cater to families too, although like 20% to 30% only due to cost. Their presence usually mean long term (10-16yrs) commitment. Currently its very cold place to live la even before the pandemic. Childcare, playgrounds and all that business that comes along to cater to families would mean a nicer and more humane place.

CaptainSGP

Reaction score
If they seriously want to make the downtown a liveable place, should cater to families too, although like 20% to 30% only due to cost. Their presence usually mean long term (10-16yrs) commitment. Currently its very cold place to live la even before the pandemic. Childcare, playgrounds and all that business that comes along to cater to families would mean a nicer and more humane place.
It's a Chicken & Egg problem. There's no demand for childcare, playgrounds etc in the downtown area. SO nobody will set up childcare business there. Even if there are new launches, families with young kids or couples planning to start a family will not move in there.

zaclee

Reaction score
But but but Queens peak trumped in innovation and layout…
Common Bedroom that can only fit in single bed is trump :(:oops:
Curve is considered elegant?

Hahha, not my cup of tea though… and some design details in carpark and common area also not up to mark.

Interestingly, they deviated from their usual architect for their new city projects.

normoh

Reaction score
It's a Chicken & Egg problem. There's no demand for childcare, playgrounds etc in the downtown area. SO nobody will set up childcare business there. Even if there are new launches, families with young kids or couples planning to start a family will not move in there.
New launches are not catered to new families la. So expensive. Later when the GSW plan comes along it'll spruce up the livability of the place, like how Tanjong Pagar once was 40-50 years ago when it was a new estate . The very old would remember when all the elite schools was in the town area before moving out. Hearsay plots near to Gardens by the Bay is for a HDB estate.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.