Which Direction Will Property Prices Go ?

elvintay07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Regardless, paying that much for public housing is a little crazy to me. Note that this is open market so if ppl willing to pay sure got ppl willing to sell
Until today you still don’t know who take the lead first? Government is the one that up HDB prices one mah. If now BTO 5 room sell at $100k, you think resale can hit $1.2mil?
The word “affordable” is subjective. Singapore has one of the best public housing schemes in the world. Imagine 1 day they sell BTO at entry price of $1mil and you kpkb it is not affordable, then jialat already.

Perishable

Reaction score
Prices are on the higher side, likely to achieve 23xx-24xx average at least. Even at that price, I see sales of more than 50% happening this weekend.

let’s relook this weekend.
LIV already 79% sold as of now, within my expectations of 70-80%. Seems forumers here are slightly off in market sentiment

elvintay07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally I think we have to accept reality. It is like we take PSLE. For example the entry score to good school is 240 and you only score 150. What is the use of kpkb and then hoping for ppl to all fail? Not say impossible but chances are remote. Why not rely on urself to do better? Same like property right? If the benchmark is $400k for BTO and you can only pay $200k, then LPPL lo. Seems like the 4G government wants more elitists. Ppl who can buy private or GCB type. Just import will work

halfnode

Reaction score
Until today you still don’t know who take the lead first? Government is the one that up HDB prices one mah. If now BTO 5 room sell at $100k, you think resale can hit $1.2mil?
The word “affordable” is subjective. Singapore has one of the best public housing schemes in the world. Imagine 1 day they sell BTO at entry price of $1mil and you kpkb it is not affordable, then jialat already.
Nah I get it, Just price shock whenever I see 7 digit hdb flats.

Frankly won’t be surprised when hdb bto goes to 1 mil. It just means country growth is good. How long to reach there is just a matter of time and hopefully right now the prices are sustainable and not get burst.

Forever84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LIV already 79% sold as of now, within my expectations of 70-80%. Seems forumers here are slightly off in market sentiment

I’m more n more sure we are reaching the peak lol

It’s always like this one, when price go higher n higher everyone start to chiong in

When cheap nobody want to buy 😂

elvintay07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No one knows the top/ bottom one la. If we know, we would be staying in good class bungalow already.
I hope Singapore will becoming more interesting for investors. Don’t every year property and 3 banks. Knn! F boring. Machiam all other companies except reits, property developers and banks all cmi.
Our ministers go overseas for big conferences also don’t know what to say. Our kind of business machiam like Malaysia and Thailand. Not say this kind of business no good but mouth keep talking about high tech, and then the top companies are all none tech.

dareaper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
City vue sits on a hill top, some more this is top level 40+, the view will not be blocked as the new bto which is on the bottom of the hill. I used to live near the area and know it well
The site for the new bto while slightly lower than city vue, is also on elevated plot. The unit sold at 1.4M is on level 41. Nowadays all the new BTO around the area is 40 stories and higher. Plus water tank, etc, more likely than not the view will be obstructed towards the south east direction.
I stay around the area, so I also know it well :s13:

elvintay07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The site for the new bto while slightly lower than city vue, is also on elevated plot. The unit sold at 1.4M is on level 41. Nowadays all the new BTO around the area is 40 stories and higher. Plus water tank, etc, more likely than not the view will be obstructed towards the south east direction.
I stay around the area, so I also know it well :s13:
Ppl got money pay $1.4m face water tank also ok. Got issue meh?

CaptainSGP

Reaction score
Any idea what’s the average price ? If 80% sold at 24xxpsf average, then it really exceeded my guesstimate given the rising interest rate environment and the imposition of absd when buying under trust.

Rxgn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Every launch running riot now

For Clavon, this month MAY sold 7 x 5br.

now Left last 6 units of 5br 1690sqft at around 2.78m

cantona007

Master Member
Reaction score
I see. Thanks for the information.

Anyway, Tiong Bahru is far from being an atas estate.
It’s more on the conveniency than being atas for staying there.
i had a medical appt at mount e orchard few weeks ago n i overslept in the morning then the clinic assistant called to ask me where i am. i quickly change then drive there and reached there in about 15 mins time. She was so shocked when i arrived. That’s the convenience for staying there.

CaptainSGP

Reaction score
Every launch running riot now

For Clavon, this month MAY sold 7 x 5br.

now Left last 6 units of 5br 1690sqft at around 2.78m
I’m more surprised that Clavon at 16xx psf with a very good 5b premium layout with private lift is still not yet fully sold. Likely sell out in the next week

CaptainSGP

Reaction score
No one knows the top/ bottom one la. If we know, we would be staying in good class bungalow already.
I hope Singapore will becoming more interesting for investors. Don’t every year property and 3 banks. Knn! F boring. Machiam all other companies except reits, property developers and banks all cmi.
Our ministers go overseas for big conferences also don’t know what to say. Our kind of business machiam like Malaysia and Thailand. Not say this kind of business no good but mouth keep talking about high tech, and then the top companies are all none tech.
No one can accurately predict when top/bottom is. But we do know the interest rate trajectory and we do know that monthly mortgage payment to monthly income ratio is a key metric used by MAS to determine housing affordability & hence cooling measure.

It’s incredibly difficult to predict the top but it is wise to comprehensively assess the headwinds & tailwinds before committing to a million dollar purchase

Rxgn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m more surprised that Clavon at 16xx psf with a very good 5b premium layout with private lift is still not yet fully sold. Likely sell out in the next week
Its the quantum issue. But today again liv @ mb shows us anything can happen..

Amazing.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.