Which state/city will you visit

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's been a long >10mths for most of us, we're slowly reopening up some of the state borders.

International borders are still some way away with a potential bubble with Singapore.

Which of the state/cities will you first visit when international travel is allowed again?

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
Probably depends on where the cases are, I suppose. Sydney/NSW is about the only place that is unable to bring cases down to zero and keep it there (admittedly, it was seeded from Melbourne). Having said that Melbourne/VIC just had 10 consecutive days of zero new cases.

It will also depends on flights availability and cost. Most airlines have mothballed or retired their largest jets, and it's much easier reinstating flights using smaller planes so destinations such as Perth where it can be reached by a 737/A320 would most likely be much easier to get to compared to places where a long-haul plane is required.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the NZ travel bubble is growing as well.. really hope international borders will be opened soon

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
I think the NZ travel bubble is growing as well.. really hope international borders will be opened soon

It's a one-way bubble so far. But in any case, the AU government is keeping citizens and long-term residents locked into the country. We can already fly into Singapore - as long as the AU government allows us to leave the country.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's a one-way bubble so far. But in any case, the AU government is keeping citizens and long-term residents locked into the country. We can already fly into Singapore - as long as the AU government allows us to leave the country.

Can't see any road map about international travel, first they need to sort out state borders before any decision on international borders can be discussed

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
And South Australia (Adelaide) is back in lock down - and they called it a "circuit breaker".

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And South Australia (Adelaide) is back in lock down - and they called it a "circuit breaker".

Haha, i know right.. hopefully they can get it under control, if not we'll never be able to open fully..

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
Haha, i know right.. hopefully they can get it under control, if not we'll never be able to open fully..

The problem is how quickly different states put their borders up as soon as there's an outbreak somewhere. You can't even plan any interstate travel - there could be a cluster here or there tomorrow and you simply won't be able to travel.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The problem is how quickly different states put their borders up as soon as there's an outbreak somewhere. You can't even plan any interstate travel - there could be a cluster here or there tomorrow and you simply won't be able to travel.

This shows how much confidence they have in their contact tracing

Furore

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Visited Sydney and Melbourne

Will visit Adelaide Perth or the coastal cities the next time I go Oz

flyinpotatoo

Reaction score
I think goldcoast is a good place to visit if you like the beach! Also, many activities to do there and all in all enjoyed myself. :D

honeylemontea

Reaction score
Been to Australia and have personally visited goldcoast and melbourne. I like melbourne better personally. Goldcoast definitely for the beach lovers

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the travel bubble becomes a reality..

rrr2015

Master Member
Reaction score
great alpine road my fav so far
north east Tasmania roads too
looking for more beautiful roads to explore
hope they could improve the rest stops

Kuudere

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have talked to Singaporean students in the uni, most international students are trying to get the vaccine so they can come back in July

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.