Who's waiting to buy the Creative Super X Fi AMP at 6.34PM?

If you've tried SXFI Audio, would you recommend it?

• Yes - Only for Music

Votes: 13 8.7%
  • Yes - Only for Movies

Votes: 21 14.1%
  • Yes - Only for Gaming

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Yes - Only for Music & Movies

Votes: 18 12.1%
  • Yes - Only for Music & Gaming

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Yes - Only for Movies & Gaming

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Yes - Works great for All (Music, Movies and Gaming)

Votes: 32 21.5%
  • No - Didn't like it at all

Votes: 50 33.6%

• Total voters

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but over the months, I feel that there are changes to how the SXFi effect sounds. The hollow-ness / echo-y room effect seems to be reduced now. Highs sound closer to original while still having some spatial effect. Still can't say that my ears are fooled into thinking that I'm listening to speakers though. Let's hope the 'gen2' mentioned in the article really has some difference.

Firmware is on 1.71.03 now, for those still holding onto their SXFi amp.

Still no news on that mic calibration profiling.... :s13:

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
So mere mortals, or paying customers, like us, still cannot get the mic calibration.

After preparing a custom hearing profile for me and the other media members present (in our case with small in-ear microphones, but there’s also a mobile app version which uses pictures of your ear to figure out a profile for you), Creative had us don an open-back pair of Creative’s E-Mu headphones with a SXFI amp ($149) attached.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.to...d-sound-made-me-feel-like-i-was-hallucinating

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried connecting the sxfi amp directly with an iPhone via a lightning to usb c cable? Does this setup work? I have read about the workaround on the Creative website. But I would like to find out if anyone has tried with a lightning to usb c cable as I just got hold of a 10cm Apple approved lightning to usb c cable.

No,
You need the camera dongle for it to work.

fireal

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried but sound wise not impressed at all

Sent from moi sweaty bbfa fingers using GAGT

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, nothing mentioned in Q1FY20 report

Soon got Q2FY20 report, see if they will mention anything about gen2 :s13:

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
No audible changes, with new or old ear photos. Which won't make sense anyway, the ear images shouldn't have changed, whatever new algo can just be applied on the same images.

SXFi is like a good virtual surround effect compared to the tons of others out there, but if we're talking about speaker simulation, still a distance away from software like OOYH.

To try to quantify the difference, although SXFi does a good job, you still feel the 'pressure' of the sound coming from the headphone drivers from left/right.
The good presets in OOYH (to be fair, there's some bad presets inside too) really can trick the mind that the sound comes from the front without the sound pressure felt on the ears.

xTZG7ub.png

now that sagu is here, probably limjohn5 dropping in soon. Go Creative go!

Last edited:

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wont even buy this on solid early critic reviews. The last one had that in spades and ended up disappointing. Critics were baited (and consumers were switched).

"Critics"

I can say with confidence that no critic had a chance to listen to the mic version

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol old thread revived. I thought this thread already got deleted due to 6 months old in EDMW. Who revived it?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.