Who's waiting to buy the Creative Super X Fi AMP at 6.34PM?

If you've tried SXFI Audio, would you recommend it?

• Yes - Only for Music

Votes: 13 8.7%
  • Yes - Only for Movies

Votes: 21 14.1%
  • Yes - Only for Gaming

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Yes - Only for Music & Movies

Votes: 18 12.1%
  • Yes - Only for Music & Gaming

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Yes - Only for Movies & Gaming

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Yes - Works great for All (Music, Movies and Gaming)

Votes: 32 21.5%
  • No - Didn't like it at all

Votes: 50 33.6%

• Total voters

rebelvista

Reaction score
help to set up MPC

Hi guys and ladies,
my post is current 5 and not allow to PM others. please help to share step by step to customise Media player classic. Thanks so much

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
Re-upping my post and hope someone can guide :o

What I can remember:

1. In windows, Control Panel > Sound. Switch to whatever your source is. e.g. if playing 5.1 file, choose 5.1... otherwise Stereo.

2. Use Media Player Classic to play video. When you play the video, you will have LAV icon on lower right of windows. Go into it and TURN OFF "Mixing". You may wanna try checking all the "bitstream" boxes as well.

3. In the LAV settings, if your source is 6.1, check the box "expand 6.1 to 7.1"

It works great for me if I play 5.1 video files.
Unfortunately, playing stereo files will result in a bit echo-ey mono-surround effect.

Last edited:

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
sorry to those who PM me regarding the E-MU teak.

Original buyer promised to take the set and be the one finding buyers for it.
I'll keep the faith in humanity for now :s13:

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I'll keep the faith in humanity for now
:s13:

Lol after the chance of him being expose is said :s13: :s22:

Posted from PCWX using 怨怨相报何时了, 报了便了

lancelot77

Reaction score

I'll keep the faith in humanity for now :s13:

I'm one of those who PMed you. If the original buyer is selling, maybe can link us up?

BuShuang

Reaction score
What I can remember:

1. In windows, Control Panel > Sound. Switch to whatever your source is. e.g. if playing 5.1 file, choose 5.1... otherwise Stereo.

2. Use Media Player Classic to play video. When you play the video, you will have LAV icon on lower right of windows. Go into it and TURN OFF "Mixing". You may wanna try checking all the "bitstream" boxes as well.

3. In the LAV settings, if your source is 6.1, check the box "expand 6.1 to 7.1"

It works great for me if I play 5.1 video files.
Unfortunately, playing stereo files will result in a bit echo-ey mono-surround effect.

Thank u! Will give it a try later

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol after the chance of him being expose is said :s13: :s22:

Posted from PCWX using 怨怨相报何时了, 报了便了

No la.. original buyer actually hooked me up with another buyer.
Since I don’t know exactly when I will receive the item (by right Monday), told him I will just reserve for him first and see how to collect/pay for it when it arrives.
Original buyer learnt that he backed out (from my post) and msg me.

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm one of those who PMed you. If the original buyer is selling, maybe can link us up?

He will probably msg you.
not v nice for me to link since it will expose who he is.
I think he monitors this thread very very closely :s13:

Last edited:

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys and ladies,
my post is current 5 and not allow to PM others. please help to share step by step to customise Media player classic. Thanks so much

Re-upping my post and hope someone can guide

1) Google K-lite codec pack

2) Download whichever versions is appropriate for you. I always go for Mega

3) Install. Make sure whatever videos or music you are playing, Media Player Classic becomes your default.

4) Now click on a video or music and once they are playing with Media Player Classic, on the bottom right, there will be red, blue and white icons.
Red represents Video
Blue represents Audio
White is for the Splitter where you choose what subtitles and audio tracks would you prefer to use as default such as Make Japanese audio track a priority and english subtitle if you watch Japanese anime. Or just leave it alone.

5) Double Click on the Blue LAV codec on the Windows taskbar.
7GQyPJ1.png

6) Make sure expand 6.1 to 7.1 is ticked.
XLhDlWU.png

7) Make sure Mixing is unticked
dkD9AuP.png

8) Done. Click Apply and Ok.

9) If you are playing stereo content like most Youtube videos, music, make sure Playback is set to Stereo.
Again, bottom right in taskbar, right click on speaker and click on Playback devices.
jSn5CA5.png

10) Scroll down till you find Speakers (SXFI Amp). Then click on configuration. Make sure it is on Stereo and press Next.
XcYu7Mq.png

11) Tick whatever you can tick to allow all the bitrate that can be sent to the Amp so that it can process as much as possible.
Q2N8q84.png

12) Click Next and just done. Now click on Properties and make sure under the 'Advanced' tab that 24bit, 48000Hz is selected. And make sure Spatial Surround on the Spatial tab is set to Off. Click Apply and enjoy the Stereo Immersion.
oM0XYHS.png

13) For 5.1 or 7.1 surround content like your DVD/ Blu-ray, pirated or Netflix app on PC, Change the playback to the appropriate output. For example, for 7.1. Click on Configure and select whichever is relevant.
Make sure they are all ticked. Click Next.
Tick some more.
yZpz5Y8.png

16) And you are done. Make sure to again repeat Step 12 to make sure 24bit, 48000Hz is in your settings. Enjoy your experience.

17) Remember to switch the playback setup for the appropriate sources as the Amp is not really intelligent in knowing what sources it is receiving.

terrykorkor

Reaction score
So the chore were to change to stereo in "playback device setting" when media is stereo and to 7.1 if playing media with a lot of channel?

I have been setting it at 7.1 all the while because of the guide from creative.

KenQuek

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks LiLAsN for doing a step by step guide. I wanted to but can't as i am still using Win7 while all of you seems to be on Win10.

Thumbs up.

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
So the chore were to change to stereo in "playback device setting" when media is stereo and to 7.1 if playing media with a lot of channel?

I have been setting it at 7.1 all the while because of the guide from creative.

Yup. There is a noticeable difference in the way the sound is projected as a result. Less echo-ey when you change playback to output as Stereo.

Humjipeng01

Master Member
Reaction score
I am suddenly vilified.
Anyway, I think from the perspective from a company, I do not think they have the luxury and resource to do so many personalized calibration for everyone. I am suggesting have some generic mic-calibration profile shared in the app in the first place.

I've posed this challenge to their creator when I met up with them on Friday. How to bring this calibration experience to a wider audience, or for those who want to eke out more from the sxfi and aren't satisfied with just an app mapping.

Granted, it would be a challenge to transport, setup and also have a location that is sufficient to showcase the demo setup and then mic-calibrate from there if it's a mobile setup and even more expensive if it was a permanent setup.

They're looking at options and are aware that there are those who would like this service - just that they need time to sort out the logistics and resources needed if they roll this out.

Fingers crossed.

Using HD650 headphone setting with -5 bass +4 treble and a small shift at the 16kHz to 5 region? Just noticed that you are also not so much of a bass person too lol. I am okay with bass but I do not need so much denseness of bass that makes me headache.

I also highlighted to them that many aren't aware that their Equalizer can measure down to 1 decimal point accuracy and they might wanna update their UI. They believe this is not intended and will look into this:

X8rqnQN.png

Yup. There is a noticeable difference in the way the sound is projected as a result. Less echo-ey when you change playback to output as Stereo.

I switch Sound >> Stereo when playing music tracks. Then back to 7.1 when playing movies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super X-Fi $20 Discount code:
FRIEND-M286X4P
https://shop.sxfi.com/products/sxfi-amp

Alankee

Reaction score
Spot on

Check out this new review by South China Post!

If you are still on the fence, enjoy $20 off your purchase using this discount code at check out :)

Everyone here seems to be able improve the usage of the SXFI 10 times more than the presenters or tech people there who just waste your time and machiam talk like sell snake oil.

Oh yes, I remember. The presentations for me were like 10-20% listening and then the remaining was self-indulgent talk by presenters. Same problem with sonic carrier at the trade show. I come to listen to the product not listen to someone who think he talkshow host.

The product's full potential is lost and almost buried by the people at Creative. It looks like the public is saving Creative by finding ways to hack and better use a technology that consists of years of R&D which include people that probably have left the company.

The public in Singapore wants to see Creative succeed but the people in that company now machiam like want to close shop. Listen to the people here and other forums out there. If you have problem listening, then I doubt things will go well.

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
I also highlighted to them that many aren't aware that their Equalizer can measure down to 1 decimal point accuracyI switch Sound >> Stereo when playing music tracks. Then back to 7.1 when playing movies.

Yup! Same here. My bass is not specifically -5 but I adjusted it up slightly closer to 4's range. There's like 12 or so levels in each decibel that I can adjust specifically to.

And yup. I do that too. But since I'll watch movies on my HTS to begin with, I'll just stick to the Stereo profile since most content on PC usage is based on that.

x_noobie

Reaction score
1) Google K-lite codec pack

2) Download whichever versions is appropriate for you. I always go for Mega

3) Install. Make sure whatever videos or music you are playing, Media Player Classic becomes your default.

4) Now click on a video or music and once they are playing with Media Player Classic, on the bottom right, there will be red, blue and white icons.
Red represents Video
Blue represents Audio
White is for the Splitter where you choose what subtitles and audio tracks would you prefer to use as default such as Make Japanese audio track a priority and english subtitle if you watch Japanese anime. Or just leave it alone.

5) Double Click on the Blue LAV codec on the Windows taskbar.
7GQyPJ1.png

6) Make sure expand 6.1 to 7.1 is ticked.
XLhDlWU.png

7) Make sure Mixing is unticked
dkD9AuP.png

8) Done. Click Apply and Ok.

9) If you are playing stereo content like most Youtube videos, music, make sure Playback is set to Stereo.
Again, bottom right in taskbar, right click on speaker and click on Playback devices.
jSn5CA5.png

10) Scroll down till you find Speakers (SXFI Amp). Then click on configuration. Make sure it is on Stereo and press Next.
XcYu7Mq.png

11) Tick whatever you can tick to allow all the bitrate that can be sent to the Amp so that it can process as much as possible.
Q2N8q84.png

12) Click Next and just done. Now click on Properties and make sure under the 'Advanced' tab that 24bit, 48000Hz is selected. And make sure Spatial Surround on the Spatial tab is set to Off. Click Apply and enjoy the Stereo Immersion.
oM0XYHS.png

13) For 5.1 or 7.1 surround content like your DVD/ Blu-ray, pirated or Netflix app on PC, Change the playback to the appropriate output. For example, for 7.1. Click on Configure and select whichever is relevant.
Make sure they are all ticked. Click Next.
Tick some more.
yZpz5Y8.png

16) And you are done. Make sure to again repeat Step 12 to make sure 24bit, 48000Hz is in your settings. Enjoy your experience.

17) Remember to switch the playback setup for the appropriate sources as the Amp is not really intelligent in knowing what sources it is receiving.
Thanks bookmarked

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Humjipeng01

Master Member
Reaction score
Everyone here seems to be able improve the usage of the SXFI 10 times more than the presenters or tech people there who just waste your time and machiam talk like sell snake oil.

Oh yes, I remember. The presentations for me were like 10-20% listening and then the remaining was self-indulgent talk by presenters. Same problem with sonic carrier at the trade show. I come to listen to the product not listen to someone who think he talkshow host.

The product's full potential is lost and almost buried by the people at Creative. It looks like the public is saving Creative by finding ways to hack and better use a technology that consists of years of R&D which include people that probably have left the company.

The public in Singapore wants to see Creative succeed but the people in that company now machiam like want to close shop. Listen to the people here and other forums out there. If you have problem listening, then I doubt things will go well.

I think majority of users out there will probably have less issues than those posted in here. We're the crazy ones who tweak settings and parameters until possibly somewhere along the line we mess something up without knowing, leading to a subpar experience.

Which was probably what happened with my movie experience and a fresh default reinstall of Klite and MPC-HC fixed that instantly.

When I was down on Friday at 5.30 the collection floor was pretty crowded.

Anyway, I won't be surprised if many of their staff can probably talk about the SXFI up to what's publicly published but may not have the expertise to talk deeper into the mechanics or specifics of how it actually works - which is fine by me. If anyone there needs more detailed explanations, I'm sure you can always ask them for someone who has more knowledge for a discussion - so far they've been quite accommodating.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super X-Fi $20 Discount code:
FRIEND-M286X4P
https://shop.sxfi.com/products/sxfi-amp

Alankee

Reaction score
Yes and no. You know Creative has a bad habit of making things and leaving something incomplete and then forgetting all about it. Their software historically has sucked - period. Those antics of yesteryear are gone in today's world. We are spoiled for choice. SXFI has done one thing. While all audio technology is an attempt to reproduce real sound, SXFI has reminded us how much we have been cheated with what we listen to from speakers and headphones today. SXFI can give Dolby a run for their money. Dolby's tricks are exposed with the tricks of SXFI, so to speak. But SXFI is returning us a dimension is lost in headphones.

terrykorkor

Reaction score
BTW to the thread starter, lilasn's #3214 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/117011181-post3214.html) post should appear somewhere in the first post to provide guides to others.

SXFI has done one thing. While all audio technology is an attempt to reproduce real sound, SXFI has reminded us how much we have been cheated with what we listen to from speakers and headphones today. SXFI can give Dolby a run for their money. Dolby's tricks are exposed with the tricks of SXFI, so to speak. But SXFI is returning us a dimension is lost in headphones.
A bit philosophical, I do not know how true this line is but anyhow, if it's good then I am happy for you.

And the real main part for this post, I do not know if this is a good or bad news but this is the reply from SXFI team after I sent the email in the morning regarding the mic-calibration.

Thanks for your email, much appreciated and we will consider the feedback.

At the moment, we're just starting on the Super X-Fi rollout to public so the mic measurement profile is only available for invited users. But we are actively exploring ways to make the mic measurement available as a paid service, for the discerning users who may value that. We'll post updates on our facebook page when we have news on this mic measurement service.
I will not comment on this reply.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.