why chobani yoghurt so sexpensive

gumbokins

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chobani is greek yogurt with v high protein content, farmers is Greek style. Almost double the protein.

And chobani really does taste good...I usually buy the 170g pots about $3+

In US it was 10 for USD10, everyday eat 3 meals a day lol

ducky32

Reaction score
As stated above.

Also, Chobani is the only Greek yogurt that I can find in supermarkets, the rest are all Greek-style.

jkohlc2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chobani is greek yogurt with v high protein content, farmers is Greek style. Almost double the protein.

moi tried farmer's union high protein version

nutritional value quite close to chobani but at half the price

texture is a lot more watery though

wendychan202

Banned
Reaction score

chobiani is greek yoghurt made with milk from cows in australia (for singapore market)
so technically its greek style

gumbokins

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
chobiani is greek yoghurt made with milk from cows in australia (for singapore market)
so technically its greek style
If u r referring to the fact that Greek yogurt was made with goat or sheep milk back in the day in Greece, well, they didn't even call it Greek yogurt. "Greek" yogurt is just strained yogurt, which makes it creamier and thicker since it requires more milk. I believe “greek yogurt” is a style of making, not the source of milk.

Apparently it is also good for people who are lactose intolerant? if i’m given antibiotics coz of sickness, i will also eat yogurt to replace the good gut bacteria.

There is another type of yogurt that has higher protein, less fat, less calories…Icelandic yogurt. Damn sour. Brand is Siggi’s, can buy from cold storage. It was $5 a pot iirc

gumbokins

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh this llao llao is what thing ah?
that’s just froyo
frozen yogurt
then add a lot of “healthy” toppings to make you think u r having a healthy snacks but the calories can be quite high also depending on ur choice of toppings

wendychan202

Banned
Reaction score
If u r referring to the fact that Greek yogurt was made with goat or sheep milk back in the day in Greece, well, they didn't even call it Greek yogurt. "Greek" yogurt is just strained yogurt, which makes it creamier and thicker since it requires more milk. I believe “greek yogurt” is a style of making, not the source of milk.

Apparently it is also good for people who are lactose intolerant? if i’m given antibiotics coz of sickness, i will also eat yogurt to replace the good gut bacteria.

There is another type of yogurt that has higher protein, less fat, less calories…Icelandic yogurt. Damn sour. Brand is Siggi’s, can buy from cold storage. It was $5 a pot iirc
if only the greeks did what champagne has done......for their own industry

SunitaRao

Reaction score
Agreed, probably because it's greek yoghurt with premium ingredients. Dairy Farm's yoghurt is probably the best affordable yoghurt I have tried, ever.

o blong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Too bad chobani price in sg jin chopcarrot

M&S greek style is jin nice.. Price also ok

wendychan202

Banned
Reaction score
Too bad chobani price in sg jin chopcarrot

M&S greek style is jin nice.. Price also ok
M+S has 2..
one is greek style
other one isgreek yoghrt made in greece.

greek yoghurt as we know it is so called thick and strained...follow the style from Greece

M+S also has an Icelanic style yoghurt - higher in protein

Last edited:

jkohlc2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M+S has 2..
one is greek style
other one isgreek yoghrt made in greece.

greek yoghurt as we know it is so called thick and strained...follow the style from Greece

M+S also has an Icelanic style yoghurt - higher in protein
saw cold storage also got siggi's skyr, not bad but quite expensive

wendychan202

Banned
Reaction score
Icelandlic youghrt or licelandic style is popular with the keto crowd, for its higher protein content

jeffprobst

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
chobani buy the small version to eat. the big tub a bit too much.

Nitrile

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Even chobani is not that authentic. The best Greek yoghurt you can get in Singapore is Fage.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.