Why IT job market is o active?

only_lonely

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u in project management? Are u working for a SI firm?
I were in SI, sme, mnc client sides.
I think SI does not give big jump. On client side better as competitor interested to know more about your experiences.

Converged

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I were in SI, sme, mnc client sides.
I think SI does not give big jump. On client side better as competitor interested to know more about your experiences.

in terms of work life balance leh? which one better?
also in which phase of project lifecycle is most hectic one? just curious

slashershot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
System integrator like accenture, ncs, vendors who helps clients design systems.
In SI u better hop on high position in short term. Else forever endless shiat work.
how different is it from consulting ah?

from what i know this one damn shiok if u parachute in with 5 years experience. thats my plan tbh

netbookcraze

Banned
Reaction score
IT scope so wide.
Got IT infra, IT ERP, IT business apps etc etc

You can in SI or client environment.

dannytan87

Banned
Reaction score
SI is usually have different systems that need to come together 1..... like maybe company X has been using system A for 10 years..... SI can help to make system A to work with other new systems..... or SAP ERP other off the shelve to integrate to system A....

consulting usually have business needs.... like company y has a need business process, selling tofu..... consulting can come help solve this business need by integrating need system, or write from scratch something for the company Y to use for their new selling tofu business process.....

only_lonely

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how different is it from consulting ah?

from what i know this one damn shiok if u parachute in with 5 years experience. thats my plan tbh
U fancy about consultant title right. Go try it. It is too generic this title.

dannytan87

Banned
Reaction score
consulting can help move from manully paper work to DB cloud batch job and remove the need for human and papers...... this is the digital transformation thing..... then some compny have tons of data, dunnoe what to do with it...... consulting can help them understand interpret and derive wisdom from data.....

slashershot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U fancy about consultant title right. Go try it. It is too generic this title.
no la siao i fancy the pay and workload. but i no experience before in the industry for consulting.
true ah too generic maybe.... need go see what kind of IT consultants are there.. time to research i guess

slashershot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
consulting can help move from manully paper work to DB cloud batch job and remove the need for human and papers...... this is the digital transformation thing..... then some compny have tons of data, dunnoe what to do with it...... consulting can help them understand interpret and derive wisdom from data.....
hannor hannor i was thinking this kind. NATO no action talk only get paid :s13:

suggest solutions charge exhobitant amount of marnee then say no problem govt subsidize

dannytan87

Banned
Reaction score
hannor hannor i was thinking this kind. NATO no action talk only get paid :s13:

suggest solutions charge exhobitant amount of marnee then say no problem govt subsidize
consulting is not NATO..... they have to help business needs fulfil..... and will need to write the code if required.... consulting can have many roles, like business analyst and other non technical role to help to understand and suggest according to business requirement.....

large project maybe 10 years and multi millions..... i have attended a bidding before and it can be hours..... there will be powerpoint slide on many aspect..... and Q&A..... everything from application management system, to hotline call support..... from infra solar wind, splunk....etc.... to knowledge transfer after completion..... phases from basic to enhancement year 1-3 4-6 7-9.......... question can be scenarios of business cases and how to handle it, to money how its paid......

dannytan87

Banned
Reaction score
consulting is not NATO..... they have to help business needs fulfil..... and will need to write the code if required.... consulting can have many roles, like business analyst and other non technical role to help to understand and suggest according to business requirement.....

large project maybe 10 years and multi millions..... i have attended a bidding before and it can be hours..... there will be powerpoint slide on many aspect..... and Q&A..... everything from application management system, to hotline call support..... from infra solar wind, splunk....etc.... to knowledge transfer after completion..... phases from basic to enhancement year 1-3 4-6 7-9.......... question can be scenarios of business cases and how to handle it, to money how its paid......
there are management consulting, and tech consulting..... there are similar in certain ways.......... management consulting being MBB. mckinzey bain....etc.... tech consulting big ones are IBM and accenture.... they have to bid with powerpoint, a panel, and a team of experts........

slashershot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ty for sharing more details. i think this is company dependent too. im undecided yet which part of this process i also want to specialize in. if specialize in implementation also not much money to make but alot work then no difference from what im doing now :s22:

only_lonely

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

He just fancy about the outlook lah. Many teenagers like that. Not dev before, not business user before then dream of one step fly to sky.

dannytan87

Banned
Reaction score
consultants are solutions to business needs..... whatever they provide as a service must meet the clients business needs...... from selling tofu to system that manage million dollar funds..... from 100k simultaneous users to live transactions..... solutions is what clients want....

GuOgUo88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am 32 yr old. Have IT diploma but forget most of the stuff.

If want to get to IT mid career switch. Better to get a degree and start from entry level IT position?

I wonder issit too late for me. Interested in cyber security.

slashershot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He just fancy about the outlook lah. Many teenagers like that. Not dev before, not business user before then dream of one step fly to sky.
really clap for you. generalize gao gao :s13:
idk where u glean im a teenager then glean im not a dev then somehow decide what i do have no business value :s13:

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ppl say IT MKt very active earn big bucks but moi oso do IT, though nt very zai la, still not earning big bucks.

Sibei moody n emo losing out to so many sinkies :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.