Why people in sg seem to have the idea - if buy house need to take loan, means house expensive and govt is bad?

fandango

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So in edmw logic

Hdb should be 100 dollers?

why got such thinking here ah?

buy house with mortgage is a new concept here?
No lar, people complain because the government does not seem to be doing enough to curb the rising prices.

You see, once a neighbour manages to sell his HDB flat for $1mil, you can tell your agent to list your unit for $1mil too.

0pieice

Reaction score
ZR2mFsy.jpg

Lss

Honorary Member
Reaction score
So in edmw logic

I think it's the view that the government is profiteering from citizens via high land costs. We have not much choice because cheaper housing is insufficient and we need a roof over our heads at the end of the day. After all buying HDB still cheaper than renting.

But of course got entitled ppl who want good location, fantastic amenities at basement prices.

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those expensive flats are at good locations. It's never a good idea to start there.

Visor9999

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it's the view that the government is profiteering from citizens via high land costs. We have not much choice because cheaper housing is insufficient and we need a roof over our heads at the end of the day. After all buying HDB still cheaper than renting.

But of course got entitled ppl who want good location, fantastic amenities at basement prices.

Govt should remove the land cost calculation during BTO. Then add back for resale flats win win

Ubi-Warrior

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No lar, people complain because the government does not seem to be doing enough to curb the rising prices.
You see, once a neighbour manages to sell his HDB flat for $1mil, you can tell your agent to list your unit for $1mil too.

Where are you going after sell $1M

App Time!!!

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
TS AH TS
i am reading this news abt govt rejecting a bid for a dementia village

REJECT CITING LOW PRICES!!!!!!!!!

govt should do the village OR make developer agreed to charge $x amt instead of high high after they finish building the village or center

ELSE when the land sold by govt is this high then how to expect things to be cheap later?????
So who is indirectly marking up prices? Or govt never have enough talent to come up with policies n ensure those dev don’t play punk n start doing all the unreasonable things
Eg the balcony or planter boxes thing in the past
Build n charge by psf when the land is somehow disc or foc by govt to encourage planting etc

white_prince

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cos as population increases then there are more demand for housing…the influx of rich AT coming in as new citizens are willing to pay more to live here.

population increase is caused by who?

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So in edmw logic

I bought my first 1st home straight cash, 2nd home cash + cpf
both no loan when I was mid to late 30s

3rd home need cpf + loan, early 40s
prices became unaffordable and getting worse .....

Lss

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I bought my first 1st home straight cash, 2nd home cash + cpf
both no loan when I was mid to late 30s

3rd home need cpf + loan, early 40s
prices became unaffordable and getting worse .....
What made you sell and buy so many times?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.