Why Scammer is Thriving in SG?

• Have you been Scammed?
    Follow this advisory from National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC) on the next steps you can take. More info

Raigar

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been a scam victim , You can find the details here https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/franchisor-scam-still-active-beware.6123117/

Through his elaborated scheme he has even cheated Kopitiam and many other retiree. The frustrating part is, he can simply declare bankruptcy so even though if we try to sue this guy, he will just say he is bankrupt now and cannot do anything to him instead we are the are that need to bear the legal cost. So basically he is untouchable, he just need to serve 10 years of prison (if it's max sentences), currently he using the scam money to hire a lawyer to get his sentences reduced, if this is successful he will only serve below 5 years and came out prison with all of that money.

The most frustrating part is he is currently on bail and start his cheating again using different scheme. The victim of the new scam contacted me and fortunately I managed to stop the scam from going further. Unfortunately, the new victim does not wish to get involved further and are not willing to report the matter to the police. At the same time, the police wont take my report even though I have the list of the hard evidence because I'm not the direct victim. Hence, I took the matters into my own hand and contacted the scammer and told him to watch his back. Unfortunately, the scammer are using that words against me and has reported me to the police, afterwards I have been interrogated by the police because according to them "watch your back" is a highly threatening words, so there is a possibility that I might get prosecuted in the future.

I'm seriously unable to comprehend all of this. Why it's seems like the law are actually protecting the scammer instead of all the victim. This is really insane.

ubtokendotnet

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been a scam victim , You can find the details here https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/franchisor-scam-still-active-beware.6123117/

Through his elaborated scheme he has even cheated Kopitiam and many other retiree. The frustrating part is, he can simply declare bankruptcy so even though if we try to sue this guy, he will just say he is bankrupt now and cannot do anything to him instead we are the are that need to bear the legal cost. So basically he is untouchable, he just need to serve 10 years of prison (if it's max sentences), currently he using the scam money to hire a lawyer to get his sentences reduced, if this is successful he will only serve below 5 years and came out prison with all of that money.

The most frustrating part is he is currently on bail and start his cheating again using different scheme. The victim of the new scam contacted me and fortunately I managed to stop the scam from going further. Unfortunately, the new victim does not wish to get involved further and are not willing to report the matter to the police. At the same time, the police wont take my report even though I have the list of the hard evidence because I'm not the direct victim. Hence, I took the matters into my own hand and contacted the scammer and told him to watch his back. Unfortunately, the scammer are using that words against me and has reported me to the police, afterwards I have been interrogated by the police because according to them "watch your back" is a highly threatening words, so there is a possibility that I might get prosecuted in the future.

I'm seriously unable to comprehend all of this. Why it's seems like the law are actually protecting the scammer instead of all the victim. This is really insane.

Post in moneymind and edmw? not many people come here

Audio8

Reaction score
Hi All,

There is undercover cops to catch vices in massage parlour but there is no undercover cope to catch scammers. SPF is reactive instead of proactive.

It pays better to be a scammer than to be a cop!

Utterly disappointed!

ghregular

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a loop hole called stupidity or gullibilty or maybe i shld say just plain ignorance

Okeirkkire

Reaction score
Because(moral) education fail big timešŸ™
When u have
work smart/what wrong with earning more money/no blame culture..
Money have change the game rahšŸ™

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i recalled there was an interview from an ex-scammer... he mentioned that the higher the education of the victims, the easier to scam him/her of the money.

soarer

Banned
Reaction score
Hi All,

Easy. Greed.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.