Why some local parents sending kids to international school??

BrOwnTeddy

Banned
Reaction score

Just found this
The eldest son home schooled then gone to poly not very inspiring

Looks like nothing short of a Barry Goldwater Scholarship Award will impress you.

Don't drive your kids (if you have any) insane. They will either end up in prison detained at President's Pleasure, Life Imprisonment or at best becoming part of Team Zaizai earning $10,000 to $20,000 a month.

if that is ur definition of... "success". Albeit an extremely sad and shallow one.

䏣炆玧示老太

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like nothing short of a Barry Goldwater Scholarship Award will impress you.

Don't drive your kids (if you have any) insane. They will either end up in prison detained at President's Pleasure, Life Imprisonment or at best becoming part of Team Zaizai earning $10,000 to $20,000 a month.

if that is ur definition of... "success". Albeit an extremely sad and shallow one.
Never heard of beary Goldwater scholarship. But just saying international school is no big deal. Many people go to Ivy League Uni but in the end also work an ordinary salary job

䏣炆玧示老太

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got a friend ....kid is 7 years old.
Sending kid to JB international school since n2. He told me he has lost confidence with local education system. I could not understand him. Both himself and wife r locally born sinkies. High flyers ....why commenting such where themselves went through the system too. Moreover he said Singapore international school is too exp , jB is cheaper and with renting of condo , living expenses as wife and maid are staying there and purchased a car. Still cheaper than sink. And surprised that many local sending kids to JB. He said kid can study Spanish...
I think those people live in JB right?
And so send kids to JB international schools cos it’s cheaper to live in JB

BrOwnTeddy

Banned
Reaction score
Never heard of beary Goldwater scholarship. But just saying international school is no big deal. Many people go to Ivy League Uni but in the end also work an ordinary salary job
Might as well don't even study and be a prostitute. ***** out your kids once they are of legal age.

now before you get all feisty, let me do the math for you.

In the spirit of the law, you are not allowed to live off immoral earnings so let's assume legally that you will not be taking any commissions from your kid. And assuming all factors being constant.

Charge each customer $100 for each lay.

Serve an average of 5 customers a day with standardized 8 working hours for 5 days a week with ample rest times on weekends or any day of choosing.

Each day, your child will earn $500. Each week $2500 and each month, the take home would be $10,000.

After working for 12 months, your kid would had earned $120,000.

After working for a mere 10 years, your kid would had hit $1,200,000.

assuming your kid have a useful working life from 18 to 58yrs old. That's 40 years. Your kid would had earned $4.8million.

yup. Nothing's really a big deal to the assumed married or the irresponsible parent with an extremely shallow understanding of life.

we should all be prostitutes since every job is ordinary and salaried. That's what the math dictates.

KPO_SAHM

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think those people live in JB right?
And so send kids to JB international schools cos it’s cheaper to live in JB
Friend is staying in Singapore, staying in bungalow
Couple is a truely singaporean. And friend is holding a super high post at stat board

䏣炆玧示老太

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Might as well don't even study and be a prostitute. ***** out your kids once they are of legal age.

now before you get all feisty, let me do the math for you.

In the spirit of the law, you are not allowed to live off immoral earnings so let's assume legally that you will not be taking any commissions from your kid. And assuming all factors being constant.

Charge each customer $100 for each lay.

Serve an average of 5 customers a day with standardized 8 working hours for 5 days a week with ample rest times on weekends or any day of choosing.

Each day, your child will earn $500. Each week $2500 and each month, the take home would be $10,000.

After working for 12 months, your kid would had earned $120,000.

After working for a mere 10 years, your kid would had hit $1,200,000.

assuming your kid have a useful working life from 18 to 58yrs old. That's 40 years. Your kid would had earned $4.8million.

yup. Nothing's really a big deal to the assumed married or the irresponsible parent with an extremely shallow understanding of life.

we should all be prostitutes since every job is ordinary and salaried. That's what the math dictates.
That’s why each has own luck cannot compare right?

KPO_SAHM

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Their social skill is not as good as others. Moreover they r not bilingual.

smurfzzz

Reaction score
Got a friend ....kid is 7 years old.
Sending kid to JB international school since n2. He told me he has lost confidence with local education system. I could not understand him. Both himself and wife r locally born sinkies. High flyers ....why commenting such where themselves went through the system too. Moreover he said Singapore international school is too exp , jB is cheaper and with renting of condo , living expenses as wife and maid are staying there and purchased a car. Still cheaper than sink. And surprised that many local sending kids to JB. He said kid can study Spanish...

Highflyers will send their kids to Int School in Singapore, not JB.

This is trying to be high flyer but not high flyer yet.

KPO_SAHM

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Highflyers will send their kids to Int School in Singapore, not JB.

This is trying to be high flyer but not high flyer yet.

p1 international school in sink cost 30k.
In JB, rent condo, car, food and other expenses will not add up to RMB 90k !!!!!

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u seem to be an international sch hater. ah well to each his own 🤷🏻‍♂️

smurfzzz

Reaction score
p1 international school in sink cost 30k.
In JB, rent condo, car, food and other expenses will not add up to RMB 90k !!!!!
Well, my humble neighbour do send their 2 kids to singapore international school since primary school days. The grandma was telling me the 2 kids will be moving to states for their uni when they complete their high school in 1-2 years time. Well i guess they are really high flyer since they are not complaining nor feeling the pinch.

䏣炆玧示老太

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, my humble neighbour do send their 2 kids to singapore international school since primary school days. The grandma was telling me the 2 kids will be moving to states for their uni when they complete their high school in 1-2 years time. Well i guess they are really high flyer since they are not complaining nor feeling the pinch.
what uni what course?
maybe just a BA then come home take over family business

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Look at this DPS International School ..see link below..

https://www.dps.edu.sg/html/index0.htm
Browse through.....2 guys in NUS (medicine), 1 in SMU, 1 in NTU......I didn't bother to go through all..

Im not sure if guys in local uni (after graduating from DPS International) go to National Service...

At the end of the day it is not the school, it is the individual....

䏣炆玧示老太

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Look at this DPS International School ..see link below..

https://www.dps.edu.sg/html/index0.htm
Browse through.....2 guys in NUS (medicine), 1 in SMU, 1 in NTU......I didn't bother to go through all..

Im not sure if guys in local uni (after graduating from DPS International) go to National Service...

At the end of the day it is not the school, it is the individual....
Saw it long ago
Nothing special at all
And that 2 guys NUS medicine were over how many years of that school?
Come on lar top school 1 class easily 40 students all in NUS NTU medicine lar

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.