why some ppl can afford to travel for holidays but cannot afford to take cab to airport

Wu-Han Clan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you make it sound like a joke but I assure you , people actually do this

fly 8-10 hours across to other side of earth, spending 2-3k on airfares but decided that food is too expansive, museum ticket too expansive, train ticket too expansive

stay at hotel, cook maggie to save money :s22: :s22: :s22:
i gt friends like tt also... their ig post can see they no $$ for holiday.... they post plane tix... europe airport... hotel room.... look quite atas

bt all the makan posts.... same like sinkieland... only see cheap starters.... nv order the popular mains the restaurant is known for... post cheap dishes and the rest is the restaurant interior...

i post on their ig "they are well known for their duck... did you try it???"
"din feel like hving duck..."

:s8: :s8: :s8:

Soule

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
depends bah... that time i want to go airport from orchard even got money also cant find grab/taxi,,,

in the end took MRT

if peak or rainy impossible to find taxi,

xiaosinsinful

Banned
Reaction score
i gt friends like tt also... their ig post can see they no $$ for holiday.... they post plane tix... europe airport... hotel room.... look quite atas

bt all the makan posts.... same like sinkieland... only see cheap starters.... nv order the popular mains the restaurant is known for... post cheap dishes and the rest is the restaurant interior...

Even if they did go to popular places/restaurants mostly just for the Instagram

maybe go into restaurant have a starter or outside museum take a photo but never actually go in

and people call that “traveling“ :s13:

might as well stay at home watch YouTube also the same right?

noname2016

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Maybe they are jsut not into food? I know some ppl who only eat for sustenance and eat little bit can already. But will spend on hotels attractions, souvenirs etc. and then I also know foodies who will spend a lot on food (Michelin star restaurants) but totally ok to stay cheap hotels.

Wu-Han Clan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe they are jsut not into food? I know some ppl who only eat for sustenance and eat little bit can already. But will spend on hotels attractions, souvenirs etc. and then I also know foodies who will spend a lot on food (Michelin star restaurants) but totally ok to stay cheap hotels.
eating is sinkie past time... becoz sinkies are boring.. tt is their only hobby.... in sinkieland almost everyone is foodie... every restaurant or new fad also long queue.... go europe suddenly these friends dont feel like eating.... is quite funny tbh....

oh is becoz the mains cost upwards of eur 50... nt sgd 5.... :s8: :s8: :s8:

MightyMiner

Banned
Reaction score
But I took budget airline last time $100 air tix so must take mrt with my small luggage

Like that got wrong? :frown:

trax06

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I live nx to mrt.. Y wld I wan to taxi to airport. Eg, if stay jurong go airport is 40plus during peak hrs.

I'd take the tren or bas if it was simei or pasir ris even Tampines but not jurong. 40$ well spent I'd say.

scasi

Reaction score
my house downstairs is the bus stop to airport, 2 stops less than 20 mins....
even if I use my backside to think, the ar*e will still ask me don't be foolish....

Igene

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The journey only starts when step out of SG.
So from home to airport is not budgeted for. :D

galmongie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
some countries got scam taxis
so if can avoid, avoid lor
this should be less common in sg tho

elmohootbigbird

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, for a family of 4 pax, MRT fares already $8
Might as well top up a bit to take taxi
:(

i took a cab from airport back home within the last mth. $38. hardly abit more. and 4 pax with all the luggages, most likely cannot fit into 1 cab.

12bucklemyshoe

Reaction score
Does that mean got money jiak 3michelin star then bky jiak cai png mah? Ur logic sala leh :o
exactly.

means today if you go to a fine dining restaurant, must take cab instead of bus/train? because according to TS logic, if you can afford to pay $300-400 for 1 meal, why cannot afford to take cab to the restaurant.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.