why some ppl can afford to travel for holidays but cannot afford to take cab to airport

li9ht5peed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How many hours will you spend on a bus in the sky? 1hr on the train is not too bad right?

if affordability was the issue, why not ask those who drive, to park their cars in the airport and drive back when they come home (or don't because plane crashed). don't even bother with a cab if you are so rich.

to stir this some more, take a private jet for your private holiday. anything less means you are poor.

Namida_rei

Master Member
Reaction score
I tell u.. it actually depends on the person location and also the timing. ( non peak hr etc)

If live beside mrt, the place u going also connected to mrt, really just take mrt if going. Bus abit dangerous but also really depend on where they live

I have been in a situation when mrt is faster than taxi.

doratch

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess sometimes its easier to take the train than taxis, phv etc esp during peak hours where there is traffic jam or taxi/phv drivers don't want to accept.

mooseolly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They thinking if save on transport and other things can spend more in the destination of travel?

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I live nx to mrt.. Y wld I wan to taxi to airport. Eg, if stay jurong go airport is 40plus during peak hrs.
Jurong MRT to airport MRT is 1 hour plus. Save 20 mins plus if take taxi Lor :s22:

Adi Dassler

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It’s about the concept of value for money.

Your interpretation of value for money on a certain goods will be different from another person.

noname2016

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By starting this thread, you just reminded me of another thread about people going to Switzerland with a luggage that's full of instant noodles...somehow *maggi mee* is the instant noodle brand they can only afford....not even cup noodle or the Prima brand...and so they have to bring a pot along as well.

And when the housekeeper makes up the room after they (finally) checked out, the smell of Singapore Maggi mee (karlee flavour) lingers. Will that sia suay Singapore leh, you say lor...:crazy:
Swiss food really sucks though. Expensive is one thing but the quality and taste also cmi.
everything was very salty and overseasoned. Their sandwiches are so cold and hard. Also tried the cheese fondue but overrated af. The only thing nice were the chocolates.
I regret not bringing cup noodles. Thankfully Germany and Italian food were good.

kenne79

Reaction score
What is wrong with taking train?? that the reason why they build mrt to airport right.
ppl take train also no happy.. why ts in the train? why dun grab or drive? sibei loser.
i never take train to airport i always book maxicab. but i dun see any issues with takin train.

kenne79

Reaction score
Swiss food really sucks though. Expensive is one thing but the quality and taste also cmi.
everything was very salty and overseasoned. Their sandwiches are so cold and hard. Also tried the cheese fondue but overrated af. The only thing nice were the chocolates.
I regret not bringing cup noodles. Thankfully Germany and Italian food were good.
cup noodle is the best food i hadin Swiss. hot soupy noodle in winter shiok.

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you really wanted to save

don’t go holiday , don’t buy air ticket

you take taxi to airport maybe $40-50
you take plane to japans , 1 family easily 3-4k

don’t be penny wise pound foolish

its really a dumb logic that you spent a few Ks but want to save a few cents
lol ur logic also dumb one like TS. spend few k on holiday so cannot take train must take cab?

then like that i book 5* hotel must eat at their restaurant and not street side becos i spend so much on hotel already.

u know what is penny wise pound foolish first anot?

unless u r telling me that they by taking train affects their holiday in anyway that cost them more money in the end then ur penny wise pound foolish applies.

Dun for the sake of say this sentence just anyhow wack only. Please get ur facts right on what it means first before using this idiom

xiaosinsinful

Banned
Reaction score
lol ur logic also dumb one like TS. spend few k on holiday so cannot take train must take cab?

then like that i book 5* hotel must eat at their restaurant and not street side becos i spend so much on hotel already.

u know what is penny wise pound foolish first anot?

unless u r telling me that they by taking train affects their holiday in anyway that cost them more money in the end then ur penny wise pound foolish applies.

Dun for the sake of say this sentence just anyhow wack only. Please get ur facts right on what it means first before using this idiom
… if saving $50 by not taking cab and proceeding to spend 10k on a holiday is not penny wise pound foolish, idk whats your special definition

if you really want to save money, like I said , don’t go on holiday can save much much much more

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If the flight time is okay, I also will not take cab unless I stay near Airport :grin:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.