why the Leong Mun Wai so riggit?

OddEye

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure what excuse pap will come up with if lmw speaks about discriminatory practice for china people.. I think pap is more racist than any one to link any slanders to trade agreement and foreigner scheme to attacks on race

kyo_465

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure what excuse pap will come up with if lmw speaks about discriminatory practice for china people.. I think pap is more racist than any one to link any slanders to trade agreement and foreigner scheme to attacks on race
I love to see LMW do that to support that he is not racist nor opportunistic.

zphoe222

Reaction score
watched the debate and also saw how Leong MW was crucified by Shamu and sometimes by the parliament speaker. The parliament speaker is suppose to be a neutral party and I do hope that he exercise neutrality and help along discussions and should not take sides nor have his own view shown implicitly.

Leong MW, his heart is in the right place. Unfortunately he is not in the same league vs the opponents that he is facing in parliament. with more help and assistance and perhaps some training on on making speeches, maybe he can improve! but i have my doubt!

The points raised by Leong are very valid ones! Hazel Poa summarised and delivered her part very well!!!! At end of the day it is TRUE!!!

as a citizen, and on the ground I know of friends and family and people who were displaced and are having very difficult time!! This is especially so for those in the age group of 40-60!!!!

During the speech LW mentioned 40-50 age group!! THAT IS WRONG!!!! u must not forget the 50-60 age group who are nearing statutory retirement age! How to find jobs even if one has a masters or multiple degrees????? grab driver? SDA ??

OddEye

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be frank i think there are discriminatory practice on chinese for Chinese company mostly because their customers and main hq staff being only Chinese speaking. But that's on a different track.

Long term, companies who are impressed with our work force should be the ones to be attracted to set up here instead of using low taxes and low entry barriers to cheap labour elsewhere. This will be a win win for both sides

Main problem is government is out of solution to get companies attracted to our local workforce. Is our education a failure? Or our culture of being hands off turned them off? That is something mom and moe have to reassess

kyo_465

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be frank i think there are discriminatory practice on chinese for Chinese company mostly because their customers and main hq staff being only Chinese speaking. But that's on a different track.

Long term, companies who are impressed with our work force should be the ones to be attracted instead of using low taxes and low entry barriers to cheap labour elsewhere. This will be a win win for both sides

Main problem is government is out of solution to get companies attracted to our local workforce. Is our education a failure? Or our culture of being hands off turned them off? That is something mom and moe have to reassess
No. Its that other countries are catching up and Singapore is reaching its glass ceiling.

Nobody wants to address the elephant in the room.

But I hate that opposition think they have the solutions when they dun. So dun come in and tell everyone what we already know.

kyo_465

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You pay more for tuition fees lo.. and should have not registered as Singaporean lo... After 30 then register for Singapore citizen.
By 30 if they has already competed his education for sure he has paid through the roof compared to Singapore citizen.

For tat 2 years he think its so important, how much can he earn anyway that he thinks can replace what tax payers have subsidized him for?

marygoround

Reaction score
watched the debate and also saw how Leong MW was crucified by Shamu and sometimes by the parliament speaker. The parliament speaker is suppose to be a neutral party and I do hope that he exercise neutrality and help along discussions and should not take sides nor have his own view shown implicitly.

Leong MW, his heart is in the right place. Unfortunately he is not in the same league vs the opponents that he is facing in parliament. with more help and assistance and perhaps some training on on making speeches, maybe he can improve! but i have my doubt!

The points raised by Leong are very valid ones! Hazel Poa summarised and delivered her part very well!!!! At end of the day it is TRUE!!!

as a citizen, and on the ground I know of friends and family and people who were displaced and are having very difficult time!! This is especially so for those in the age group of 40-60!!!!

During the speech LW mentioned 40-50 age group!! THAT IS WRONG!!!! u must not forget the 50-60 age group who are nearing statutory retirement age! How to find jobs even if one has a masters or multiple degrees????? grab driver? SDA ??
They may have voted for pap. So don't jjww. They voted for over 20 years. Now they pay their price. It is call karma. Now cry victim no use. No one can carry them. Go sign up as grab and sda. Until one livelihood is affected. Sinkie is very selfish and think for itself.

marygoround

Reaction score
Since Singaporeans are typical as long it doesn't affect me, I don't care attitude. Push the bills to make sure all those sleepy Singaporeans until they realize they are being slow cooked in a pot.

Dracky

Master Member
Reaction score
The PAP is using xenophobia to deflect legimate question on immigration policy.

Clearly there must be some controls because we have visa requirements and not everybody is welcomed into Singapore. Otherwise, we will be overwhelmed by lower wage workers from Malaysia and Indonesia alone.

The real debate is how many foreigners and what criteria, on the economic side. And what impact on race relations is certain nationalities form cliques and enclaves. Are we OK if any estate/workplace is an AMDK/CECA/Tiong enclave and Sinkies are the minorities? What is the government's plan to mitigate social tension?

It is human nature to form cliques and to reject outsiders to some extent. If PAP pushes too hard on open immigration, it will hurt them in political support. WP will gain even though they just keep quite in the debate.

Keyi Gan

Reaction score
Thank you LMW for raising tough questions on behalf of sinkies that everyone else siam.

Subjecting yourself to accusation of being xeno and racist.

salute

Nickypigu

Reaction score
Losers have

not a bad idea.

Leong's political career is as good as dead. Why try to revive a dead horse?
After this debate he should run SMC instead of GRC and substitute another new guy to be NMP to give exposure. New guy new perspective.

kyo_465

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After this debate he should run SMC instead of GRC and substitute another new guy to be NMP to give exposure. New guy new perspective.
Or he shld utilize his Skills future credit to take courses on English and the art of debate.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.