WI-FI connection problem with Lenovo Laptop

kelvin_99

Reaction score
Since I replaced my Wi-fi Mesh with ASUS Router, my laptop is not able to access internet via WI-FI. Strangely, my other laptops (different brands) have no problem.

I can see the "Ethernet" but not the "Wi-fi" option under the Control Panel->Network and and Internet->Network Connection

I also cannot see the WLAN option under the Device Manager.

The problem seemed to be caused by this device "Intel (R) Wi-Fi 6AX201 160MHz". I see this error message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". My warranty with LENOVO is over and I could not get their help on this.

I tried all trouble shooting means including updating and replacing the network adapter drivers, but still that same error message is there. I have run out of ideas and probably left with one option i.e., that is to upgrade to Windows 11 and hope the update version will solve the problem.

Any suggestion before I do that?

Apex

Reaction score
You problem don't seems to have anything to do with the MESH.

If device manager can't see the WLAN card. It seems to be a hardware issue since the card can't be detected. Can you confirm under Device Manger > Network Adapter > Can you see Intel WI-FI6 adapter?

kelvin_99

Reaction score
Yes, logically nothing to do with the Mesh replacement. But it was fine until I changed it.

Under, Device Manger > Network Adapter > I see

"ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter"
Clicking on it, It show "This device is working properly"

I also see "Intel (R) Wi-Fi 6AX201 160MHz"
When I click on it, It shows ""Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

This seemed to the problem. When I googled for help, it suggested I remove the driver and restart PC. I removed it and restarted the PC and this driver is automatically installed and still didn't work. Also I did try to manually remove and re-install the driver also didn't work.

Thru diagnostic check, I check if this is the latest driver and it appears to be. So dunno what else to do.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since I replaced my Wi-fi Mesh with ASUS Router, my laptop is not able to access internet via WI-FI. Strangely, my other laptops (different brands) have no problem.

I can see the "Ethernet" but not the "Wi-fi" option under the Control Panel->Network and and Internet->Network Connection

I also cannot see the WLAN option under the Device Manager.

The problem seemed to be caused by this device "Intel (R) Wi-Fi 6AX201 160MHz". I see this error message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". My warranty with LENOVO is over and I could not get their help on this.

I tried all trouble shooting means including updating and replacing the network adapter drivers, but still that same error message is there. I have run out of ideas and probably left with one option i.e., that is to upgrade to Windows 11 and hope the update version will solve the problem.

Any suggestion before I do that?
What;s the driver version ? Even since WiFi 6 router started to surface on the market, Intel has released drivers to improve compatibility. Try the latest one from Intel website directly.

https://www.intel.sg/content/www/xa/en/products/sku/130293/intel-wifi-6-ax201-gig/downloads.html

kelvin_99

Reaction score
What;s the driver version ? Even since WiFi 6 router started to surface on the market, Intel has released drivers to improve compatibility. Try the latest one from Intel website directly.

https://www.intel.sg/content/www/xa/en/products/sku/130293/intel-wifi-6-ax201-gig/downloads.html

Already tried this before. Anyway, I tried again.

I removed the existing driver and downloaded latest driver update from that link you provide.
Once installed, for a while it showed "This device is working properly"

The after awhile, the system refreshes and reverts back to error message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Already tried this before. Anyway, I tried again.

I removed the existing driver and downloaded latest driver update from that link you provide.
Once installed, for a while it showed "This device is working properly"

The after awhile, the system refreshes and reverts back to error message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"
Hmmm... i would try a fresh install of windows before checking to see if the wifi card can be replaced ( if it's not soldered on the laptop main board ) I have an Intel AX200 in mine laptop and it works fine with WiFi 6 routers

loganrunning

Reaction score
Hmmm... i would try a fresh install of windows before checking to see if the wifi card can be replaced ( if it's not soldered on the laptop main board ) I have an Intel AX200 in mine laptop and it works fine with WiFi 6 routers

agree it sounds like a hardware issue. if soldered on, perhaps a USB wifi6 adapter could be a substitute?

kelvin_99

Reaction score
That's why I am contemplating to go for Windows 11. Every few days or so, I am prompted to "upgrade" which I am quite reluctant until now.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
agree it sounds like a hardware issue. if soldered on, perhaps a USB wifi6 adapter could be a substitute?

Wifi 6 USB adapter is an easy subsititute.

But most likely it is not soldered on but rather a CRF module, which is not compatible with common Intel AX200/AX210 chipset, but rather Intel AX201/AX211 chipset.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000054819/wireless.htmlhttps://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026155/wireless.html

kelvin_99

Reaction score

loganrunning

Reaction score

kelvin_99

Reaction score
I have tried out the suggestions here and the problem still remain. So, I can only deduce it is a hardware problem. Anyways, thanks for all the suggestions.

kelvin_99

Reaction score
tried downgrading e driver to a previous ver?
s
Was considering that. Also I do not know how many driver updates it has gone through as I only discovered this problem only recently. So dunno which old version worked (if it is really driver issue) and whether by downgrading will it cause other compatibility issue. Anyways, now I use this laptop on wired connection most of the time. Will only be issue if I need to bring laptop out to use.

Apex

Reaction score
Have you tried this? If its easily setup w/o having to remove the laptop "faulty" WIFI-adaptor, for S$20+, I think it is a worthwhile purchase as a workaround solution.
For windows 10 it should be plug and play. Windows has inbuilt drivers for this device

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.