Will a unhappy person suddenly be happy if he move from HDB flat to landed?

HumJiBeng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw another thread that they are so happy to move to other country. Can live like 'King' in Thailand because they can afford a landed house.

Just wondering if one unhappy hdb person move to landed property, will he suddenly be happy?

Personally I move from parents landed to hdb after marriage. I don't feel unhappy staying in HDB

sinkie886

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stay or own the landed??
A lot landed actually very lao pok one. Inside very rundown and old. Got some SME boss will rent those kind and let 10-20 of hai banglas all stay inside.. cheaper than dorm and easier to manage..

amransan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw another thread that they are so happy to move to other country. Can live like 'King' in Thailand because they can afford a landed house.

Just wondering if one unhappy hdb person move to landed property, will he suddenly be happy?

Personally I move from parents landed to hdb after marriage. I don't feel unhappy staying in HDB
For me when I was a boy I lived in kampong like landed property but made from wood I was very happy in fact the happiest memories I had was when I lived in kampong in sg.

then I moved to HDB I got a culture shock most people not friendly and gracious I had a very hard time adapting for many years.

then I moved to landed property (overseas) and again I am very very very very very very happy so happy that I gain a lot of weight and every morning I wake up smiling no joke bro

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
For me when I was a boy I lived in kampong like landed property but made from wood I was very happy in fact the happiest memories I had was when I lived in kampong in sg.

then I moved to HDB I got a culture shock most people not friendly and gracious I had a very hard time adapting for many years.

then I moved to landed property (overseas) and again I am very very very very very very happy so happy that I gain a lot of weight and every morning I wake up smiling no joke bro

this one is sign of retarded leh

zheng

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

u are like saying a siao lang will suddenly become no siao lang when he tio toto

EDMW-Hates-Me

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on the cause of the unhappiness.

Tiagong last time got one severely depressed reddiporean go IMH, found a gf there and got better.

Reaction score
Yes will be much happier:

- Walk around will have wind like that, especially when you go into heartlands see all those peasants eating at HDB kopitiams.
- Girls will line up sux your little brother once they know where you stay.
- Go Hourglass leave your details to queue for Rolex, immediately within 1 week get a call say got stock liao.
- Once your corlicks at work know where you stay, will treat you with more respect and be more wary of taking advantage of you.
- Once you feel more confident and with no one to sabo you, your working competency will skyrocket which will let you get promoted, earn more money and get a car. Pu**y will be neverending, and this happy cycle will keep spinning and generating more happiness. :crazy:

gracehsu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Happiness is more than juz staying in landed property la

if one is already happy, the type of house they stay is immaterial

True happiness is usually based on emotional state of mind and not material gains like bigger cars etc

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.