Will you support Huawei new OS?

bakayarou

Reaction score
@Yuripa ,

You like Huawei watch, also means Huawei has done very good job in their watch design & software programming.

Satki Huawei products

Sure can support Huawei Mobile Services

ukyo100

Reaction score
@ukyo100

HMS in a way is better than GMS.

You do know both GMS & HMS collect user information, right ?

If you use Chrome browser (with GMS) to surf internet, after a while you will notice there are advertisement pop out, right ?

Because Google is an advertising company by itself, they trace your usage, know your browsing habits, then publish advertisement to you.

Google company earn money through advertising.

If you use Huawei Browser or 3rd party web browser with its HMS, Huawei don't publish advertisement.

Because Huawei not an advertising company.
Ya, I don't like to tie in any service.. I like to move around... if HMS have all the apps that I need why not change to their service. Phone no 5G not an issue at this moment.

bakayarou

Reaction score
@ukyo100

I like your sentence "I don't like to tie in any service"

Smart move.........didn't get stuck with GMS

Correct, as long HMS has the apps you need, can use their service

5G still in early stage......continue use 4G services

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@Yuripa ,

You like Huawei watch, also means Huawei has done very good job in their watch design & software programming.

Satki Huawei products

Sure can support Huawei Mobile Services
As must as I like the convenience of sticking to one single ecosystem, I also understand that there isn't a single best solution for my needs.

I was initially tempted to give up on Huawei watch series just because I stopped using their phone.

However, it is performing to the best of my expectations and hasn't failed on me or should I say there isn't a better alternative for me to get it replaced at all. PLUS I have managed to find a solution to sync my health and fitness related data from my Huawei watch into other popular fitness tracking apps such as Google Fit and Strava.

Samsung watch4 unfortunately had overall bad reviews as a fitness tracking device so it would defeat the purpose of me getting it just because it has a better OS (in terms of app ecosystem - google wear > huawei health for sure).

From a hardware perspective, I have to acknowledge that they make good mobile phones.

From a software perspective, I will be more than willing to use Huawei mobile phone OS if my quality of life isn't compromised.

Anyway TL;DR version - **** Trump 😆

bakayarou

Reaction score
@Yuripa

Good you found solution to sync from Huawei watch with Google Fit & Strava...........smart move

Samsung.......hmmm.....

Huawei did manufacture very good smartphone ( hardware & software )

Once Huawei solves of the shortcoming issue, can use Huawei phone liao.....In fact, if anyone is a simple user, already can use Huawei non-GMS phone liao...those don't use mobile wallet, don't use e-banking......can use liao

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@Yuripa

Good you found solution to sync from Huawei watch with Google Fit & Strava...........smart move

Samsung.......hmmm.....

Once Huawei solves of the shortcoming issue, can use Huawei phone liao.....In fact, if anyone is a simple user, already can use Huawei non-GMS phone liao...those don't use mobile wallet, don't use e-banking......can use liao
AppGallery got Grab and Singtel Dash.

bakayarou

Reaction score
1) The critical apps from singapore government, already have liao, right ?

2) Local bank apps have liao

3) Now is need to have more mobile wallet company support Huawei pay

Then basically the basic issue will be solved..........can use the phone liao

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
@Yuripa

Samsung.......hmmm.....

Singtel dash loh

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
1) The critical apps from singapore government, already have liao, right ?

2) Local bank apps have liao

3) Now is need to have more mobile wallet company support Huawei pay

Then basically the basic issue will be solved..........can use the phone liao
can log in OCBC without HMS?

ukyo100

Reaction score
Oh ya.. does HMS have grab driver apps? I mean official apps not the link type.

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No problem guys.

I was previously using P30 Pro, currently using S21 Ultra BUT I actually installed Huawei App Gallery app via Huawei Singapore -

https://consumer.huawei.com/sg/mobileservices/appgallery/android-installation/

I really like using Huawei watch series hence its better if I use huawei app gallery to download/install/update Huawei Health app for my watch.

+1 EDMWER
For everyone asking about the availability of certain apps, you can download app gallery onto your current phone and give it a try/search.

aucheukyan

Master Member
Reaction score
huawei pay needs to support more bank cards else it is just useless. If they can't use Mastercard or visa cause US sanctions at least let us use it like a mobile wallet, top up with bank account and create a virtual card. Using dash pay atm.

Only apps I think I have issue is garmin connect and strava.

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
huawei pay needs to support more bank cards else it is just useless. If they can't use Mastercard or visa cause US sanctions at least let us use it like a mobile wallet, top up with bank account and create a virtual card. Using dash pay atm.

Only apps I think I have issue is garmin connect and strava.
Huawei Pay Singapore supports ICBC credit cards. If we really want to fully embrace the phone and its eco system, no harm setting up a bank account with them.

Use Health Sync app if you wanna convert Huawei Health app data onto Strava app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.appyhapps.healthsync

Developer support for this app is decent too, email lead time is within a day if you have any issues to set up, but overall its quite user friendly.

aucheukyan

Master Member
Reaction score
Huawei Pay Singapore supports ICBC credit cards. If we really want to fully embrace the phone and its eco system, no harm setting up a bank account with them.

Use Health Sync app if you wanna convert Huawei Health app data onto Strava app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.appyhapps.healthsync

Developer support for this app is decent too, email lead time is within a day if you have any issues to set up, but overall its quite user friendly.
yeah im on the garmin ecosystem with their proprietary API which is separate from huawei health, funny enough garmin web have HereMaps and OSM alternatives, but their android app is gmaps only. Right now i use my huawei phone to sync and then use their webapps to edit and manage both Strava and Garmin. No issues except viewing activities on the android app, even transferring courses to my watch works.

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah im on the garmin ecosystem with their proprietary API which is separate from huawei health, funny enough garmin web have HereMaps and OSM alternatives, but their android app is gmaps only. Right now i use my huawei phone to sync and then use their webapps to edit and manage both Strava and Garmin. No issues except viewing activities on the android app, even transferring courses to my watch works.
I believe Health Sync app allows Garmin data to be transferred / synced onto Huawei Health app as well -
Sync your health data from Coros, Diabetes:M, Fitbit, Garmin, Google Fit, Health Mate (Withings), InBody, Oura, Polar, Samsung Health, Suunto and Huawei Health. You can sync to Diabetes:M, Fitbit, Google Fit, Samsung Health, FatSecret (weight only), Runalyze, Smashrun or Strava. Activity data can also be synced as FIT, TCX or GPX file to Google Drive. Health Sync works automatically and syncs the data in the background.
No harm checking it out and give it a try.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.