Window mesh recommendations

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Reaction score
I was wondering, do you guys have any recommendations for window mesh? Recently, quite a number of hornets and wasp have been flying in via my dining room window. I informed town council but they couldn;t locate the nest.

Also, for my kitchen, a black crow has been flying in via the window, using the kitchen basin as a watering hole. I need to get a mesh for that window as well. Does anybody here have any recommendations?

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was wondering, do you guys have any recommendations for window mesh? Recently, quite a number of hornets and wasp have been flying in via my dining room window. I informed town council but they couldn;t locate the nest.

Also, for my kitchen, a black crow has been flying in via the window, using the kitchen basin as a watering hole. I need to get a mesh for that window as well. Does anybody here have any recommendations?
Am in a similar situation for kitchen except that i wanted to prevent cockroaches from coming in... tried getting one but that was poor quality... hoping to find one that is full window size that can stand upright perhaps with the help of magnets...

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought mine from taobao, and customised it to my kitchen and toilet window size. Uses velcro and double sided tape to cover and stick. Only paid $12.88 for it w/ sea freight back then.

skies86

Master Member
Reaction score
Bought mine from taobao, and customised it to my kitchen and toilet window size. Uses velcro and double sided tape to cover and stick. Only paid $12.88 for it w/ sea freight back then.
Is it difficult to remove the net since it is velcro? And do you find it very troublesome to remove and put it back when you need to open/close the windows?

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it difficult to remove the net since it is velcro? And do you find it very troublesome to remove and put it back when you need to open/close the windows?
Still ok to remove mesh via velcro, i did a very small hole at the corner and use a hook to remove it. Just need to rem9ve slowly so that the velcro sticking onto window panel does not come off as well.

As for window, i intend to keep it semi open permanently (about 30deg open). Will still got water come in but better than insects.

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Reaction score
Am in a similar situation for kitchen except that i wanted to prevent cockroaches from coming in... tried getting one but that was poor quality... hoping to find one that is full window size that can stand upright perhaps with the help of magnets...
So, in the end, I went to one of the SelfFix stores in Singapore and bought this item:

https://selffix.com/product/steve-leif-magnetic-diy-window-insect-screen-1-5m-x-1-5m-brown/
It is actually the Steve & Leif's Magnetic DIY Window Insect Screen : https://stevenleif.com/product/magnetic-diy-insect-screen/

Then I followed the instructions to do DIY self-setup on this Youtube video:

Because it was my first time doing, it took me a while to get it sorted out.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.