Wireless IP Camera thread

balboa_sg

Suspended
Reaction score
압구정컴퓨터;101026324 said:
Where can I buy 시너지 sineoji ip cameras?
Can you help to install on my computer and mobile phone?

혹시 여기 한글로 답변주실분 계신가요?
시너지카메라를 구매하면 직접 컴퓨터랑 폰에 설치해준다고 하던데 가능한가요?
그외의 정보들 한글로 알려주시면 감사하겠습니다! ^^

문의주셔서 감사합니다.
시너지제품은 싱가폴내에 challenger 매장또는 sineoji e-store에서 구매 가능하십니다.
설치 서비스는 무상으로 제공되며 웹사이트내에 서비스센터로 전화하셔서 편한시간에 예약가능합니다.
더 궁금하신 사항있으시면 sineoji Q&A에 문의해주세요.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
문의주셔서 감사합니다.
시너지제품은 싱가폴내에 challenger 매장또는 sineoji e-store에서 구매 가능하십니다.
설치 서비스는 무상으로 제공되며 웹사이트내에 서비스센터로 전화하셔서 편한시간에 예약가능합니다.
더 궁금하신 사항있으시면 sineoji Q&A에 문의해주세요.

omg, you can even converse in korean?

ivantanks

Reaction score
Just want to give a shout out to Dean from Sineoji, after research thru the various brands I decided to go for this as its relatively cheap and all spec in.

Placed order ytd and today its all setup, from ordering to installation its all fuss-free, Dean was helpful, responsive and patient in guiding me with the apps.

Endstate, a satisfied customer and I have no complaint on the cams, yeap its first day using but I am loving it. Dean, you da man!

Btw, I have ordered 1 x 603 and 4 x 495, but the 603's wide angle was able to cover both my kitchen and living room, thus I have a surplus of 1 x 495. Am letting go at $130, pls pm me or watsapp 9.7.6.0.8.0.3.3. I will throw in BNIB 64gb sumsung sd card purchased today.

p/s: one down side is abt the app, kinda unstable and hang once in a while.. but i can live with it.

tanjunse

Reaction score
Zafego PT100C: Cot Pro app update to version 8.7 (update within the app).

Tech_Freak

Reaction score
Hi,

Is balboa_sg Dean from Sineoji? Planning to get some cameras for my house. Are prices better than challenger member prices? Saw the cameras at challenger the other day.

gooiee

Reaction score
I just purchased 2 cameras from Dean and am extremely pleased with the results.

A little background, I have a large living area which I wanted to cover using the 597 and also purchased a 593 for a nursery as the room is much smaller. Upon configuration in the living , we found that the audio was really lacking , so Dean offered me a 603 that he had in the car to try out. Switched it up, and the audio was much much better* due to 2 speakers instead of 1 in the 597 so he offered for me to switch up to the 603

I have tried a few other camera brands (2 other brands) and I must say that the HD sharpness on the sineoji is really top notch (very very clear) and also the most impressive is the Pan and Tilt which moves REAL TIME without any jerking on my phone using 4G. Other cameras would have a little lag before the screen jerks to the next PAN, so this really impressed me.

Also, with the PAN feature, I can now cover my living room AND my dining hall with the preset feature. One click and it pans to the dining hall , another click and it pans to the living room. Really cool

All that being said, to be fair, there are some cons to it as well

1) The app on iPhone really cannot make it, takes like forever to connect (Dean mentioned there will be an update next week so im waiting for it)
2) I do not know how to configure two cameras using dyndns to show up on a single web interface with two cameras (documentations are lacking badly)
3) The PC app is quite less to be desired and again the lack of documentation and detailed explanation makes it hard to make configurations (for example, there are 3 users per camera, but in the app, you can add unlimited users, so how does that work?)

The above gripes are minor in comparison to the sharpness of the camera as that is most important to me

* Audio is much better than the 597 but still hear distortion sounds which to be honest, happens for every IP wireless connected camera
* Speaking to the camera is quite distorted also with almost 90% of my sentence not coming out (and very muffled) but hearing from the camera is quite ok

Edit: got a call from dean after he saw my post and offered to help me with the configuration of the app and Web browser if needed. Where do we find such service in Singapore anymore? Really thumbs up!

Last edited:

escapology86

Reaction score
How to find Dean, i'm actually looking for an IP camera too and since sineoji have so many good reviews with tip top service! PAGING FOR BRO DEAN!

skintigh

Reaction score
Thank you Mr Sineoji for the awesome service and product.

I purchased my 5th camera 603V and it was installed on Sat. As this camera will be placed on the 2nd level of my house, he went the extra mile to check my wifi coverage if it was sufficient to cover. Tested the camera and he demonstrated that the wifi is weak.

He suggested the powerline wifi extender to overcome this. He has a unit in his vehicle and he installed the wifi extender on my 2nd floor and link the 603V to the wiif extender. He demonstrated again and it works brilliantly. He then proceed to mount the camera and do the necessary trunking.

After completing, he asked me to switch off my wifi of my iphone, using my mobile data LTE to connect. Pan & Tilt was fast even at HD mode, almost real-time ! and the video quality is crystal sharp and clear.

A note to iPhone users. Close any unnecessary background apps that are still in used, as this consumes memory before launching the sineoji app.

harocarlos

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got my very first IP Camera - Sineoji PT603V from Dean. An installation appointment was initially made on Sunday afternoon at 3pm but was informed that their vehicle broke down that morning so rescheduled to Tuesday evening.

Fast forward, the installation was really simple, just power up the IP Cam, install the Sineoji app on my iPhone, and a one-button setup so long my phone is connected to my home's wifi. The picture quality is not exactly fantastic but I guess its pretty good for an IP Cam. Pan/tilt/zoom were almost real-time, however the iPhone's Sineoji app is quite buggy. Zooming on the app is really tricky, and the app sometimes hangs. The installer told me that an updated app should be up in the appstore in around 2 weeks. The bi-directional audio is cool but there is a 1-2 seconds lag. I also tried the recording function with a 128GB MicroSD card and it works perfectly.

Overall, satisfied with the purchase but just hope the newer iPhone app would be less buggy. :)

pek_xw

Reaction score
Bought a PT593V and 2x PT495V from Dean. Installation was done up very fast and properly installed. As a first time user, he even suggested proper locations for mounting the cameras so as to get the best viewing angles. Excellent service from him and always very prompt replies.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
OK, here's a quick product review for MX960P, a new model which will be sold by MARIX in June 2016. I received 1 to play with and for this short fun review.

Here's a picture of how it looks like from front view;

MX1001_502x372_zpsewrk15we.jpg

Photo not by me.

Technical specs/feature:

- 960P resolution. Meaning 1280 x 960P.
- Ultra Wide Angle Lens (up to 140degree view)
- H.265 video compression / double the existing numbers of days of H.264
- 2 modes of operation (Adhoc / wifi). more to be explained in a short while
- supports max 64GB MicroSD Card (paper specs is up to 30 days on continuous recording).
- Infra Red / Dual IR Cut Filter (Standard specs for all cameras up to 10 metres)
- Motion Detection
- Supports 433

Looks factor:

There is some resemble with the Spartan from Hikvision's consumer grade camera. However, Spartan have something like a privacy setting which the camera move itself and have the lens covered by the back cover. This does not have that feature.

Video Clarity:

With 960P, you have wider viewing angle, similarly to the sineoji models. Here's a picture of the camera which is similar to what i see when I tested it in cloudy day. In a bright sunny day, the image is very very clear.

label_200W_642x361_zpssysnoe1x.jpg

Picture not by me

In Night Vision:

label_200W_night_642x361_zpssddeeyiu.jpg

Picture not by me

As you can see from the above night vision, the clarity of the camera is sharp and clear, even on cloudy day, you can see quite clearly the surrounding. This camera is definitely better than the PT-100C that I bought in terms of its lighting handling. If some of you remember, a few forumers had highlighted that the IR turns on too early when room is sufficiently lit.

Playback:

The playback on this camera is done via the mobile APP itself, a simple search and list the clips and you can select the clips and do a playback with audio. This camera also have the drag to location and play feature like the PT-100C. No need to play from beginning to the end like Vstarcam products.

Operation Modes:

The camera supports what they call Adhoc mode, which the camera emits its own hot spot and you can connect to it for live viewing and playback. Handy for those push carts & shop owners that does not have any sort of internet.

In WIFI mode, which is actually the normal way we use IP Cameras, you can do remote control from distanced places to control the cameras.

Audio Clarity:

If I were to compare against PT-100C, PT-100C audio is unbeatable at this moment. The audio is much clearer. MX-960P audio is on par with some of the current popular brands I have tested.

LAGS:

Now, this is very subjective. What is termed as no lag? No LAG to me means, I swipe to left now, immediately the video on my phone should reflect the immediate changes, not even a single sec delay. So far, none of the brands can do a NO LAG. There will be a delay, its just how it is advertised. Even for some NO LAG cameras, we do see real forum reviews input that there is delay after many of them purchased them. Expect 1~3 second delay, do not be fooled by marketing gimmicks.

PROS:

This camera is simple to setup for WIFI mode, no need for any wires. Connect your mobile to the same wifi that you want to setup the camera, in the setup wizard, key in your SSID and it will be emitted to the camera. Once setup, the camera is ready for use. BTW, only 2.4GHz is supported.

Camera is able to operate as its own without need to have WIFI, that is a plus for those people who needs an IP Camera at shops or temporary locations and wants to be able to connect and do live viewing within a certain distance. Paper specs states 15metre.

Image is clear day and night, not to mention sharp.

Recording wise, the camera is using H.265 video compression, which on paper specs claims up to 30 days continuously with 64GB. 64GB is only about $29 on market now. So it greatly brings down your cost of ownership with storage cards. Here's their comparison table

H265vH264_2_642x151_zpsxnnhghw6.jpg

Camera supports ONVIF protocol, my NAS could detect and record to it. Open Device Manager (ONVIF) too can detect it. I will do more test and feedback in next review. Open Device Manager detects 1280 x 960P resolution.

CONS:

To setup the camera for ADHOC, you need to have WIFI first before you can do anything, I find this kinda dumb and feedback to MARIX. They assured me that they will set the camera to emit the adhoc WIFI for immediate Adhoc usage & configuration when it becomes available on the market.

No webUI, this camera like the PT-100C does not have any webui, hence, those more advanced users can skip this camera for sure as it will not meet your needs. This is more for those non-tech end-users who wants an easy to use camera.

APP does crash sometimes, a common issue i noticed for all brands IP Cameras.

Summary

Not a bad camera which is on comparison in terms of clarity and mobile APP usage with the 960P cameras on the market. They were also very kind to provide me a NO LAG camera (local) for comparison. And I must say both are on PAR in performance.

I haven't tried 3rd party APPs yet like IP Camera Viewer, but will do this in another session.

Round 2 of my review will follow, more with video samples, etc including a real night vision image in a real dark area outdoors (not daytime images with IR turn on).

MARIX's sales guy (Louis) advised that the price of the camera is competitive with current 960P on the market and comes with free site setup when they deliver when it hits shore. Installation includes Sat & Sun. Warranty is 3 Years. Comes with PSB Approved PSU. And they are now also able to provide delivery services on same day or the earliest timing possible. If anyone needs demo, can contact them for a site demo with their current demo. They are also keen to let others do a review on their camera for those keen. Take note that a refundable deposit (full price) is needed to take it home to play.

tanjunse

Reaction score
No webUI, this camera like the PT-100C does not have any webui, hence, those more advanced users can skip this camera for sure as it will not meet your needs. This is more for those non-tech end-users who wants an easy to use camera.

APP does crash sometimes, a common issue i noticed for all brands IP Cameras.

This is a deal-breaker. Do you know that Vstarcam's software is superior to PT100C CotPro even though the hardware may be inferior? That is enough to make PT100C worse (less flexible) than Vstarcam. I own both Vstarcam and PT100C and these will be my last cloudcams forever. The cloudserver should not be an overseas server but a local SG server but I doubt any of the cloudcams are going to offer this kind of local server. With 1GBps residential broadband, slow overseas cloud servers are a huge hindrance.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.