Woman, offered free Ya Kun drinks after NDP shout-out, asks for set meals & giveaways & gets them

radioshack

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://mothership.sg/2022/08/ya-kun-ndp-shout-out/
A day after the shout-out, Liel shared on TikTok that she had received a Direct Message (DM) from Ya Kun on Instagram to thank her for her "support".

The chain offered her credits to redeem 57 cups of kopi or teh "anytime (she) wants".

Why 57? Probably because that's how old Singapore is.

"I was just like, thank you so much for your kopi and tea but what I want is your kaya toast!" said Liel in her video.

As "a thick-skinned Singaporean", she asked them if they can throw in kaya toast as well, as she loves the butter that they use.

But that wasn't the end of her request.

Liel also requested that Ya Kun to give her 57 "Set A"s to give away to her followers.

Set A, also called the Kaya Toast with Butter Set, comes with four pieces of kaya butter toast, two soft-boiled eggs and a regular kopi or teh.

At the time of writing, the influencer has over 123,900 followers on TikTok.

Liel said:

"I don't know what they're gonna reply me yet but crossing my fingers that they say yes. Um, I don't know, maybe you can go spam their Instagram then maybe we can hit, like I don't know, get it up to 570 people getting free kaya toast Set A. Or if 570 is a bit too much we can also do discount, voucher, promo code."

She ended off by referencing this year's NDP theme, saying: "Come on guys, stronger together!"

kuti-kuti

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thats what sinkies becoming.... same as the family of three asking for replacement burgers after eating half of it

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Perfect definition of pushing her luck

Give one inch, wan one mile
To be honest, it may be all a set-up and some agreement done prior to the interview.
So, every thing is perfectly STAGED.
Is YK one of the official sponsors ?

If it is something impromptu, the influencer is gambling on her luck in losing her face if the business owner recalled all their initial offers.

lowsesbbfa

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://mothership.sg/2022/08/ya-kun-ndp-shout-out/
A day after the shout-out, Liel shared on TikTok that she had received a Direct Message (DM) from Ya Kun on Instagram to thank her for her "support".

The chain offered her credits to redeem 57 cups of kopi or teh "anytime (she) wants".

Why 57? Probably because that's how old Singapore is.

"I was just like, thank you so much for your kopi and tea but what I want is your kaya toast!" said Liel in her video.

As "a thick-skinned Singaporean", she asked them if they can throw in kaya toast as well, as she loves the butter that they use.

But that wasn't the end of her request.

Liel also requested that Ya Kun to give her 57 "Set A"s to give away to her followers.

Set A, also called the Kaya Toast with Butter Set, comes with four pieces of kaya butter toast, two soft-boiled eggs and a regular kopi or teh.

At the time of writing, the influencer has over 123,900 followers on TikTok.

Liel said:

She ended off by referencing this year's NDP theme, saying: "Come on guys, stronger together!"
Siao za bor. Xia suay.

kamsani0

Master Member
Reaction score
No matter how much publicity both the influencer and the toast/coffee/tea seller get, (i shall not say their names, for I despise both), I still wont patronise the shop/business, nor would I look into any influencer as being a proper profession.

MoyoCase

Banned
Reaction score
LOL, at first when watching live, dunno who these interviewees are, thought is picked at random

but now, seems like those interviewed are planted
All linked to grassroots business advertising influencers ect.

coldish

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All are staged one la
Only pity the ya kun staffs and those customers queuing for their food.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.