Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

Biogentic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking to put vibram sole on 4 pair of shoes which is a better option? Mason and smith?

Biogentic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Happy Chinese New Year to you all.

I am looking to get myself a pair of loafers (either penny or horsebit, leaning more towards penny) for causal wear.

Budget is about below 500.

Is there any local shops that I could get the following brands:

Loake
Meermin
GH Bass

I saw Carminas online site but the prices are steep, yet to visit the store.

Any there any other brands you guys would recommend or should I get bespoke?

Who would be a good option for bespoke loafers?

I am not comfortable buying online as I am sure of the size and would like to try on to get the right fit.

Thank you for taking your time to guide me, bros.

Stay safe and happy holidays.
Loafers are extremely difficult to fit.. returned 1 pair of trickers loafer that is too big.. then bought a half size smaller Edward green loafer and still too big as i experience significant heel slippage... in the end got to sold it at a significant loss...wasted 400sgd...

then I went to Alden to have my foot measured and have them recommend me the correct size of loafer but did not buy from them as the shell penny loafer seems quite bulky and not to my taste... I then use the measurement, doing a lot of research with people of the same size and get myself an Edward green loafer... I really like Edward green shoes as it looks so much nicer and elegant than Alden.. finally then it fit with the length and width just about right.. .it certainly can’t get any smaller if not my foot can’t put into the shoes...

For lace up... I am wearing Edward green Dover UK9.5 and it fits me fine out of the box even though the shoes is not of the correct size.. it is 1UK size bigger than my penny loafer and yet it fits fine with no blisters as it has the option of lacing up.. for penny loafer even you will to get half size smaller or bigger..there is no way you can wear it comfortably.. buying retail is not an option as it is simply too expensive and not worthwhile in the long run.
I would suggest you to go Alden and get your feet measured correctly then go online to do research.. then buy from an online place that allow easy return.. in case it doesn’t fit.. u can still return it.. online site like mr porter, Farfetch sometimes have very good deal

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just bought this 2 shoes
Anyone feel very ugly and out of place? Haha.. I very bad at picking shoes so seeking feedback

https://blog.leffot.com/edward-green-harrogate/
https://threads.dappered.com/forum/...-bnib-edward-green-hove-nutmeg-suede-10-5d-us

It’s all about how it fits into your overall outfit.. u wear the shoes and not the reverse.. having said that both shoes are certainly more dandy than classic, even with the EG tag... so if that’s not your style.. then it’s just not. Lol

Looks like u’re on quite an EG spree!

jimbb80

Reaction score
If true its really quite a sad end to a brand that had so much promise.

Sent from Samsung SM-G781B using GAGT

Just to note, I finally reached them via email.
They are thankfully still operational. They said they are porting their website at the moment and the store is still open.

Biogentic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the normal price to do full rubber sole? Mason and smith say starts 150???

jimbb80

Reaction score
I was looking at gaiuswalks online and they have an option on some shoes to upgrade to Blake Stitching.

This made me wonder: Is it possible to convert all cemented shoes to Blake Stitching? Its just resoling the entire sole and stitching it?

If so, can anyone reccomend a good place that can do it?

Thanks

Biogentic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mason Smith free pickup and drop off IIRC. If full rubber inclusive of heel and sole then it's pricey but not outlandish.

Sent from Samsung SM-G781B using GAGT

Ya they offer free pickup and drop off but 150 per pair I would rather take a grab down to drop off and collect.. this is almost double the price of elsewhere.. do they have better grade rubber sole? Or where can I except mason smith do better grade rubber sole

jimbb80

Reaction score
Carmina has apparently closed down. I went to their store and it was empty and locked up. Quite unfortunate. it was a pricey rental location hopefully they open elsewhere.

In the meantime, someone should perhaps remove their outlet listing on the main page in this thread to assist others.

SoshiPrince

Reaction score
Hello guys, there is a sale up to 50% going on for Vass shoes. I am looking for someone who is interested to purchase a pair , as we can get free shipping for 2 pairs purchased.

Shipped directly from its main website, vass-shoes.com

Do pm me by today if anyone is interested. I'm afraid sizes might run out. We can work out the details. Thanks

spencert

Reaction score
Be wary of workmanship though from Vass though. I got a pair of loafers that have very obvious uneven heel stacks. Leather quality is good though. Low SPI a bit of a put off for me as well.

Exygon

Reaction score
Looking for 2 formal shoes for work. Looking to get a black oxford for more formal and 1 brown/tan brogues for casual. Currently looking at Pedro, Earnest & Collective and Arden Teal. How are the quality for these brands?

jonleelk

Master Member
Reaction score
Looking for 2 formal shoes for work. Looking to get a black oxford for more formal and 1 brown/tan brogues for casual. Currently looking at Pedro, Earnest & Collective and Arden Teal. How are the quality for these brands?
If u can spend up to $200 per pair, take a look at Herring shoes on clearance. GYW or Blake construction, way better than the cement versions of the brands u listed.

https://www.herringshoes.co.uk/sear...ags[]=202&Types[]=1&ns_keyword=&submit=Search

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With the new way of working, going to office 1 day a week. Not buying these anytime soon, need to get my existing ones worn out first. ESP I no collector

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.