Wow. Shopping mall no need wear mask?

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How many of chew all collicks and see ppl at indoor gathering wear mask...? Seems like people let down guard liao...

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The covid virus particle is smaller than what those 99.9 BFE surgical masks that people are wearing can filter. So surgical also not giving the protection.

The virus can enter thru your eyes too. No eye protection for most people.

Surgical masks only good at reducing the number of droplets when someone cough or sneeze (which btw some clowns will pull down to cough/sneeze)

At this stage all the indoor mask wearing also pointless.

Anyway even if no more mask mandates, people here will continue to wear for false sense of security.

Main issue is the surgical mask leakage at the sides part.

Yes, BFE is the test at 3.0 microns. But there are tests for PFE too (0.1 microns) for masks, some flat surgical masks (for one reason or another) do not meet that PFE standard though even for the filter. There is actually a surgical and KF94 mask thread here that has good info. Regardless, the better surgical masks do offer ok protection, but only if the filter is used and side leaks are minimized with some mods or some devices/contraptions like mask fitters or say that elastomeric respirator mask developed here in SG that uses cut out filters (forgot the name)
But of coz, vast majority of people wont use such things one lah.

The respiratory particles (aerosolised one) ranges from 5 microns down to about 0.6 or 0.7 microns for the smallest and totally dessicated respiratory particle after minutes/tens of minutes of evaporation. The virion (virus) sticks to all those remaining stuff like proteins and even other virions.
So there is no such thing as 1 single virion of 0.08 microns to 0.12 microns in the air.

As for the eyes (ocular mucosa route), what was found was that aerosolised infection transmission is extremely extremely low (relative to mouth and nose), unless close range more direct route as in higher viral load levels in the air.
ie think of it as a smoker, aerosolised, @ 1m, 2m, 10-20 metres. Smoke concentration, and then ID50 / infectious dose 50% chance. Yes theorectically in an enclosed and totally dead air space small room the air mixture is pretty even, but that is not so in the reality and distance still could matter a bit with drafts and bigger air spaces and HVAC zones and what nots....like in a food court you might smell cooking oil smoke in a particular part but not so in another zone due to how they handle the airflow, even though same food court. Ultimately the risk is still many many times lower than mouth/nose.

Last edited:

Courage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's pointless to talk about effectiveness of masks because the law mandates you to wear indoor. I will usually inform the security of the mall to enforce if I can't find any red shirts around

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's pointless to talk about effectiveness of masks because the law mandates you to wear indoor. I will usually inform the security of the mall to enforce if I can't find any red shirts around

Bro have you tried that before?

I saw an actual incident before a few weeks ago (we were in a restaurant and the commotion was out in the mall's walkway main area), nothing much could be done by the security and the complainant just took pics and left. Unless blow up in social media...... but then again nowadays quite different from last time. Last time still have red shirts around, can really utilise the power of social media and sjw.

It's not really super duper rare nowadays that you can chance people not wearing masks in lift, malls and i even saw like twice even on the MRT.

So while i am still pro mask, i also understand that it might be easier to live and let live, nothing is going to happen unless you really "go all out". If we were still in Feb/Mar 2022 or 2021 period then still got good chance for support.

Last edited:

Smtsai

Master Member
Reaction score
after jab 10 shots can fly oso …
We are already on 4th within 2 years and there’s no sign of slowing 10 shots is not a far away goal sinkies please continue listen to oyk that you don’t need anything else but the useless jabs that he wants you to hook up with ..

fatboi666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nowadays anyone can be celebrity with cameras and an entourage

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.