Xbox Series S/X + GamePass

DrBaldwin

Reaction score
BF5 is really hard. I tried on medium difficulty, can't even get pass the first mission after many tries. So I switch to easy, and its fine. Completed North Africa, Norway, and France. Now just left Germany campaign.

For multi player, I just run a few steps already get killed. Best way to play is to stay on a tank turret, at way at least sometimes can kill a few people before the inevitable sniper comes to get you.
I usually look at the map, and then spawn not too near those "action" spots. then make my way to A or B or C etc, and then stealth abit (i play like my life depends on it, lol)

Last edited:

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BF5 is really hard. I tried on medium difficulty, can't even get pass the first mission after many tries. So I switch to easy, and its fine. Completed North Africa, Norway, and France. Now just left Germany campaign.

For multi player, I just run a few steps already get killed. Best way to play is to stay on a tank turret, at way at least sometimes can kill a few people before the inevitable sniper comes to get you.
Let's play together, with Baldwin.

I used to be quite good in BF when I was 20 years old, now 30 already and playing on console not as good as PC players. But I still had a lot of fun in BFV, helping others with medic. Now cannot chiong already, now support young players chiong.

If only BFV had cross play, because the bad part about Xbox is the user base is small in Asia, so harder to get games with lots of players. Luckily upcoming games are all cross play so finding games is not difficult, but then playing with PC cheaters also.

It was fun playing with Baldwin in 2042 beta but the game just felt off, like playing Battle Royale.

DrBaldwin

Reaction score

I used to be quite good in BF when I was 20 years old, now 30 already and playing on console not as good as PC players. But I still had a lot of fun in BFV, helping others with medic. Now cannot chiong already, now support young players chiong.

If only BFV had cross play, because the bad part about Xbox is the user base is small in Asia, so harder to get games with lots of players. Luckily upcoming games are all cross play so finding games is not difficult, but then playing with PC cheaters also.

It was fun playing with Baldwin in 2042 beta but the game just felt off, like playing Battle Royale.
That's why it would be perfect if we can form a Fireteam of 3 Colonial Marines. LOL

You want Medic, got medic, you want sniper, got sniper, you want firepower, got Demolisher. even got shield guy as Tank. mix and match, survive against Xenos (scarier than zombies hehe).

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's why it would be perfect if we can form a Fireteam of 3 Colonial Marines. LOL

You want Medic, got medic, you want sniper, got sniper, you want firepower, got Demolisher. even got shield guy as Tank. mix and match, survive against Xenos (scarier than zombies hehe).
I downloaded the Back 4 Blood. Can try soon, but maybe we play BF first haha.

Jurchen King

Master Member
Reaction score
IMHO, the most important factor in BF games is are there locally-hosted SG servers? There's significant difference playing at 3-5ms on SG servers versus playing at much higher pings & latency on other Asia servers. It doesn't help that EA likes to host its Asia servers in Japan (70-90ms ping). On Austraian/NZ servers, it's easily 95ms+ ping at best and usually over 100ms. I haven't touched BF since BF4 when local SG servers were then available.

The one good thing about BF2042 is cross progression. So players carry over their soldier progression ranks and weapon unlocks/loadouts.

BTW, have you upgraded to Series X or are you still clinging to Series S?

pai000000

Reaction score

Sure, will keep a lookout for you guys, if you don't mind lousy player haha

pai000000

Reaction score
I usually look at the map, and then spawn not too near those "action" spots. then make my way to A or B or C etc, and then stealth abit (i play like my life depends on it, lol)

I do that sometimes. Jog slowly towards objective enjoying scenery without sight of enemy, then suddenly dead from some sniper. Can say multiple player is more true to life, while single player is the hollywood experience. The single player Norwegian girl is very funny, when she throws knives, the Germans will sure die even if you hit the leg :ROFLMAO:

aaaflyer

Reaction score

can try use mouse and keyboard on xsx? haha

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMHO, the most important factor in BF games is are there locally-hosted SG servers? There's significant difference playing at 3-5ms on SG servers versus playing at much higher pings & latency on other Asia servers. It doesn't help that EA likes to host its Asia servers in Japan (70-90ms ping). On Austraian/NZ servers, it's easily 95ms+ ping at best and usually over 100ms. I haven't touched BF since BF4 when local SG servers were then available.

The one good thing about BF2042 is cross progression. So players carry over their soldier progression ranks and weapon unlocks/loadouts.

BTW, have you upgraded to Series X or are you still clinging to Series S?
Cause I'm based in Jakarta now, so I only bought S last time to ship it here. Haven't been able to get the restock recently, so hoping can get the Halo edition.

Sending it here will cost quite a bit cause X is heavy, so in the meantime enjoying my S first. Can't fly back SG to bring in either.

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sure, will keep a lookout for you guys, if you don't mind lousy player haha
That's the good thing of classic BF, everyone can contribute to winning the game. Whether it's support, medic or engineer. So much so that a group of good mix of decent players can overcome a team of sharp shooters.

Didn't get that feel in 2042, but then let's see if they can fix it. I remember BF5 beta was also disappointing, though not as bad as 2042.

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Bros.

Hi Bro.

In step three "convert to game pass" , some of us faced regions issues.

In this case, please don't waste time like me to troubleshoot by myself. As suggested by another bro , it is faster to call 18008185250 and they will address it.
I didn't encounter any problems

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yea, hope it does for BF2042 (not hoping much). lets team up when my xsx arrives! my last BF was BF1, hundreds of hours in and it was super fun
Join us in BF5, the only downside is not much servers but really much more fun.

DrBaldwin

Reaction score
Was a very fun session last night playing BFV with Charleslin and Pai. very satisfying to learn the map and the various chockpoints, popular areas, and then securing the objectives. look forward to playing more tonight!

spikeling

Reaction score
Was a very fun session last night playing BFV with Charleslin and Pai. very satisfying to learn the map and the various chockpoints, popular areas, and then securing the objectives. look forward to playing more tonight!
can i join in the team tonight?

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can i join in the team tonight?
Add me username charleslsj.

I think you can manually join squad too if you see us online.

Baldwin, ytd you join our squad on your own right? Cause I think you came online when we were in game, can join directly right? Without needing me to invite.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.