Xiaomi Android TV Box discussion II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

keechiu

Reaction score
Anyone tried singtel cast on mi box s? Is there any lag when streaming or poor quality of the stream?

keechiu

Reaction score
Oh crap. Was thinking of signing cast to stream EPL to my room's TV.. Tried it with chromecast but it disconnect like twice during a 90mins game :s22:

singtel did a poor job, there are complaints from nvidia shield users, not to mention mibox.

nagase_4

Reaction score
Oh crap. Was thinking of signing cast to stream EPL to my room's TV.. Tried it with chromecast but it disconnect like twice during a 90mins game :s22:

I find Cast cannot make it.

- Source’s network is unstable and the stream’s quality cannot even maintain at 720p quality. I was watching it over the weekend free of charge, chromecast it to my tv. Quality of quality constantly buffer between 360p, 520p and 760p.

- Price - at $49.90/mth, it just too expensive

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I cast from my Samsung A8 phone to both MiTV and MiBox S using the Smart View function in the phone.

Do I need to use other apps?

no, you should not use other apps to cast.

you should not use the built-in cast or mirror function of the phone too.

toggle is designed with chromecast function, you can use it to chromecast the video to mibox which has a built-in chromecast receiver.

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a mibox.

any recommendations/reputable sellers that I can look out for?

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a mibox.

any recommendations/reputable sellers that I can look out for?
it's all the same..

unless you walk-in to local authorised Mi stores to purchase. then you get local warranty for the extra price you pay. those online sellers that claims 1 year warranty are useless because you will.need to send the box to them in China to claim the warranty

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

miltrader

Reaction score
Just received my mibox s today. Apps and casting work well.
However, after installing TVBanywhere+ tv app from the play store, I'm unable to pair with the pin shown on the tv screen. Is the TVB tv app only for paid members?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just received my mibox s today. Apps and casting work well.
However, after installing TVBanywhere+ tv app from the play store, I'm unable to pair with the pin shown on the tv screen. Is the TVB tv app only for paid members?

yes.

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Have a problem with Toggle SG app on my MiTV 4S and Mi Box S.

Tried installing the app on both TV and Mi Box S. Able to see the purple Toggle words during startup, but screen turns black after that.

Tried to cast Toggle from my Android phone to the TV /Mi Box S. Can play on phone but TV screen can't see anything.

During installation, there is a warning saying the app needs to have Google Play services in order to work.

Am I missing something?

Its very frustrating that there is no native Toggle app for Android boxes. Considering there are so many Android boxes out there. Even the un-popular Apple TV has native Toggle.

Its even more frustrating that in order to use Toggle .. you have to "cast" to Android box. Now that is pure silly. Defeats the purpose really for having a box.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does the mibox S supports lossless Dolby n dts passthru? If so wat app 2 use? Thanks
only the previous mibox 3 supports HD audio passthrough via Kodi app.. the newer mibox S is not able do so...

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.