Xiaomi Android TV Box discussion III [consolidated]

ahhjiee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi just wanna ask. If i get andriod tv box, i can watch all live channels and sports?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Residentvigilante

Reaction score

Residentvigilante

Reaction score
Hey gurus and sexperts, I would like to purchase a xiaomi S box. how do i set it up to streaming and other channels?

lazy999

Reaction score
Hii all,

I just bought the mi tv box s and notice its dont have an ethernet port.

Are you all using wifi to connect or use those usb to ethernet hub to connect to lan?

If yes, any recommendation of usb to lan hub?

Thank you.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hii all,

I just bought the mi tv box s and notice its dont have an ethernet port.

Are you all using wifi to connect or use those usb to ethernet hub to connect to lan?

If yes, any recommendation of usb to lan hub?

Thank you.

I am using Wifi myself with Mi Box S but I bought a Ugreen 2.0 Hub with Ethernet port which works well with the Mi Box S.

Mi Box S has good 5GHz AC wifi, so if it is not too far away from the router then the wifi should be okay.

lazy999

Reaction score
I am using Wifi myself with Mi Box S but I bought a Ugreen 2.0 Hub with Ethernet port which works well with the Mi Box S.

Mi Box S has good 5GHz AC wifi, so if it is not too far away from the router then the wifi should be okay.
Thanks for your reply, Xiaofan. I saw shopee ugreen have 1 3.0 usb with ethernet port hub with 1000mbs and usb2.0 with 100mbps.

Is usb 2 enough or just get the usb 3 version?

And also, is the ugreen hub still workable on the latest android version? I read some posts mentioned they have issue.

Last edited:

star06moon

Reaction score
noob here. just got the xiaomi mi sound bar (MDZ-18-DA) Mitv3 , unable find ways to work youtube application. please advice for kind advice. where can find install apps for that sound bar.
tia.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
noob here. just got the xiaomi mi sound bar (MDZ-18-DA) Mitv3 , unable find ways to work youtube application. please advice for kind advice. where can find install apps for that sound bar.
tia.
search and download smarttube next app, save in a thumbdrive, then plug in and install.

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
my youtube getting weird problems, when it plays live stream videos, it blanks out, but there's sound, any idea what's going on? TIA.

ridiculous?

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi the latest 683mb software update on mi box s should update not?
Anyway to install apk without using playstore?

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hi,
This Mi Box S, can install Viu and MeWatch? Please reply. Thanks.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

No issues with MeWatch.

The official recommendation from Viu is to cast from your mobile phone and you need to have the Viu Premium subscription. Mi Box S has built-in Google Chromecast function.

FAQ
https://www.m1.com.sg/Support/FAQ/viu-faq Question: I am a Viu Premium member. How do I cast the videos from my mobile devices to TV?
Answer: If you are casting from an Android device, Google Chromecast is required. If you are casting from an iOS device, Apple TV is required. For the step-by-step guide, visit Google or Apple’s website. Laptop/PC to TV is not supported. Alternatively, if you have the selected Smart TVs, you can download the Viu app on TV and enjoy your favourite shows in full HD!

Philippng

Reaction score
Hi,
Yes, you can installed any apk but it may not work due compatiability issue.
How do you then installed such app.
method 1
using usb - download the apk from a pc and save it into the usb.
plug in the usb and installed from the usb

Method 2
Using Google Drive or any cloud storage
Download the apk and upload into the cloud drive and retrieve the google drive login or use app such as x-plorer file manager and installed the apk

Method 3
Using App such as sendanywhere
Download the app on another device and send it using the sendanywhere to your box and installed

PM, should you need any help

eugene260880

Reaction score
I have an old mibox. MDZ-09-AA.
Any link to teach and download google OS such that i can self upgrade to newer android maybe android 5 and above.

Philippng

Reaction score
I have an old mibox. MDZ-09-AA.
Any link to teach and download google OS such that i can self upgrade to newer android maybe android 5 and above.
hi bro
there are firmware where u can burn into the box as a new os, however u need some technical knowledge to do so or you may end up brick the box and end up as a paper weight. However you can continue to use and load any apk as long as it is compatiable.
Try to installed sendanywhere into the box and also into any device and send those apk you download into the box and installed. if it is compatiable it will still work. PM if you need more help

eugene260880

Reaction score
hi bro
there are firmware where u can burn into the box as a new os, however u need some technical knowledge to do so or you may end up brick the box and end up as a paper weight. However you can continue to use and load any apk as long as it is compatiable.
Try to installed sendanywhere into the box and also into any device and send those apk you download into the box and installed. if it is compatiable it will still work. PM if you need more help
Thanks for the reply
I tried to install apk. But seems like the default android 4.4 version is too old and its not able to install. Tried 3 apps but only 1 apps able to install. The other apk totally cannot and gimme error msg when tried to install.. ☹

Thats why thinking of reading up and upgrade the android OS to higher version. No need latest or very high.... just android 5 or 6 will do. Cause my samsung S4 using android 5.1 can use all the apps which i am using now with samsung note8.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.