XiaoMi Tri-Band Mi AX9000 Gaming Wi-Fi Router with WiFi 6

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Necro abit, while waiting for wifi 7 equipment pricing to drop so i can recon my m1

Meanwhile using i am using 3 nodes of asus ct8 so i am here wondering if buying a xiaomi ax9000 and a pair of the ax3000 will it have “visible” improvement over my current setup and justify the hassle of replacing the whole system for this weird idea of mine to use for a year or 2 for wifi7 pricing to ease off .

its like 300 plus for the whole xiaomi setup from local shoppee .

*Originally ad intended to get some 2nd hand xt8 but each unit also will cost 250-300 already .

Using Ethernet backhaul or wireless backhaul? Asus ZenWiFi CT8 is triband AC mesh solution. It is actually more meant for wireless backhaul application (same for ZenWiFi XT8).

If using Ethernet backhaul, you should get decent upgrade in terms of speed with WiFi 6 clients. If using wireless backhaul, then it will be a bit hard to predict.

You may have to post the floor plan with details of the location of the ONT, LAN ports in the rooms and placement locations of the three mesh nodes.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using CT8 as full wireless backhaul mesh.
Old housing. old cables and the socket was on wrong side of the wall so i gave up and used wireless

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using CT8 as full wireless backhaul mesh.
Old housing. old cables and the socket was on wrong side of the wall so i gave up and used wireless

Thanks. In this case, since you have to use wireless backhaul, I do not think it is a good idea to change to Xiaomi 9000 + two Xiaomi AX3000.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using the Xiaomi BE10000?

Just buy and share your experiences. It is one of the cheapest 10G capable routers you can buy, with top of the line HW specifications. It is a very good upgrade from Xiaomi 9000.

But if you do not need 10G or do not need triband, then Xiaomi BE7000 is probably a better buy for single router setup.

BTW, for wireless coverage, triband sometimes is worse than dual band. But triband will be better if you need to use wireless backhaul.

You may want to go to the other thread for more info about Xiaomi BE7000 abd BE10000.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...g-xiaomi-ax3200-ax3000-redmi-ax3000t.6438353/

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I already bought, waiting for it to deliver, im already using AX9000 currently.
Just backside itchy to try how good the upgrade is, i saw that BE10000 can use Docker.

I'm not using wireless backhaul. So far one AX9000 cover my 5room HDB nicely.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The other day on sale at TB , itchy hand bought 2 x AX9000 to try,
So put one along the ONT wall along the hall way and the other at same location in MBR

using now..XD use for a year or 2 when quad band then upgrade

alvino

Reaction score
The other day on sale at TB , itchy hand bought 2 x AX9000 to try,
So put one along the ONT wall along the hall way and the other at same location in MBR

using now..XD use for a year or 2 when quad band then upgrade
aiya just 1 AX9000 as main router will do. the rest of the mesh node can be basic and mid range models

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just asking around?
Is the mihome app the best and preferred way for the Ax9000 router? Or is there away to refresh or what not.

What happened was for these few days i checked on the status of the devices on the network.
Some are not updated while some device like my iphone , can see i using data and when i am using how much i used and what not. Like my kids phone the status stuck on 1 week back.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.