Xiaomi TV Discussion Thread VII [consolidated]

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any update on xiomi on site warranty service? I emailed them they told no physical store in singapore.
Must carry in ??
I also inquired on the warranty and they mentioned that to claim the warranty, have to go to the Funan Mi Service Centre with proof of purchase, then the staff at there will assist with the warranty claim.

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Gurus,

Just bought a 2nd hand Russia set to realize no Netflix. Does anyone have any workarounds? Tried sideloading Android TV Netflix, comes out message version not compatible.

Is there a version that would be compatible? I tried sideloading mobile version as well, but cant navigate. Maybe there's a different version as well.

Thanks in advance for help!

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Gurus,

Just bought a 2nd hand Russia set to realize no Netflix. Does anyone have any workarounds? Tried sideloading Android TV Netflix, comes out message version not compatible.

Is there a version that would be compatible? I tried sideloading mobile version as well, but cant navigate. Maybe there's a different version as well.

Thanks in advance for help!
even if you can find a mobile version that works, it is only 480p. The better way is to buy mi tv stick (<$50) and plug into hdmi port.

relaxman

Reaction score
Anyone can find any useful information apart from the spec sheet on the website for the upcoming P1? Went around to Xiaomi stores to ask about the specs, all they could quote is the website specs, messaged them on FB no reply also.
Hi, just preordered the P1 55" andriod TV from Bedok Mall Xiaomi Shop.
The saleman is very informative. There is a 4S 55" TV on display.
P1 will be in Singapore on 16Jun. $799 include free robotic vaccuum mop and free delivery and installation.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can provide authorized sellers contacts of xiomi tv in singapore?
These are the ones listed on the Xiaomi Singapore website...

Note the different names...

1) Authorized MI Reseller Store... probably means they're not run by Xiaomi... likely the smallest of such official stores with limited product range...

2) Authorized MI Retail Store... probably also means they're not run by Xiaomi... but larger outfit with more products available...

3) Authorized MI Store... probably also means they're not run by Xiaomi... likely the largest type of physical store selling Xiaomi products with widest range of products... most likely the defacto physical shop space for Xiaomi but run by third party... it's almost like an official Xiaomi store...

4) Mi Zone... most likely run by Xiaomi Singapore directly... probably some kind of experience store... probably not focused on making sales but in showcasing products...

There's only one official service centre: At Funan...

These are the physical stores... I believe the products bought from these stores will be serviced by the service centre located in Funan Mall...

Interestingly, the Xiaomi TVs P1 & Q1 are all listed on this Xiaomi Singapore website. When you click on the link to buy, it takes you to the Lazada Xiaomi Store... which then means that if you buy from this Lazada store, you'll be serviced by the Funan service centre also lar...

This seems to suggest that the Xiaomi retailers on both Shopee & Qoo10 are not officially recognized by Xiaomi Singapore... but they have a relationship with Xiaomi such that they're able to obtain their stocks to sell... Minihelpers on Qoo10 is probably one such reseller who isn't authorized to sell Xiaomi products in Singapore but parallel imports them and offers their own warranty at IMM instead.

So pay more for official onsite warranty with those stores listed on the Xiaomi Singapore website or pay less with other retailers and be prepared to carry in your TV to claim warranty or pay for the retailer's service to bring it for you lor...

That's how I understand it to be at present...

TooLaC

Reaction score
when i click buy now on the official website for 32" P1 model, it brings me to the shopee page. whereas for the other models it brings me to the lazada page.

i guess both is recognized?

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when i click buy now on the official website for 32" P1 model, it brings me to the shopee page. whereas for the other models it brings me to the lazada page.

i guess both is recognized?
Oh I didn't notice that cos I didn't click on every link... then I suppose Shopee also official lor... ha ha... why so confusing... like they have to distribute the distribution rights to so many channels... so weird... heh...

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
These are the ones listed on the Xiaomi Singapore website...

Note the different names...

1) Authorized MI Reseller Store... probably means they're not run by Xiaomi... likely the smallest of such official stores with limited product range...

2) Authorized MI Retail Store... probably also means they're not run by Xiaomi... but larger outfit with more products available...

3) Authorized MI Store... probably also means they're not run by Xiaomi... likely the largest type of physical store selling Xiaomi products with widest range of products... most likely the defacto physical shop space for Xiaomi but run by third party... it's almost like an official Xiaomi store...

4) Mi Zone... most likely run by Xiaomi Singapore directly... probably some kind of experience store... probably not focused on making sales but in showcasing products...

There's only one official service centre: At Funan...

These are the physical stores... I believe the products bought from these stores will be serviced by the service centre located in Funan Mall...

Interestingly, the Xiaomi TVs P1 & Q1 are all listed on this Xiaomi Singapore website. When you click on the link to buy, it takes you to the Lazada Xiaomi Store... which then means that if you buy from this Lazada store, you'll be serviced by the Funan service centre also lar...

This seems to suggest that the Xiaomi retailers on both Shopee & Qoo10 are not officially recognized by Xiaomi Singapore... but they have a relationship with Xiaomi such that they're able to obtain their stocks to sell... Minihelpers on Qoo10 is probably one such reseller who isn't authorized to sell Xiaomi products in Singapore but parallel imports them and offers their own warranty at IMM instead.

So pay more for official onsite warranty with those stores listed on the Xiaomi Singapore website or pay less with other retailers and be prepared to carry in your TV to claim warranty or pay for the retailer's service to bring it for you lor...

That's how I understand it to be at present...
Xiaomi authorised EIN Singapore as the main distributor of Xiaomi products in Singapore. All Mi Reseller Stores/Mi Stores/Miare operated by EIN Singapore.

The official Xiaomi store on Shopee and Lazada are also managed by EIN Singapore. There's also another official Xiaomi store on the two platforms named as Xiaomi Overseas Official Store, which is shipped from China directly but you still enjoy local warranty by EIN Singapore at Funan.

matrix05

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, just preordered the P1 55" andriod TV from Bedok Mall Xiaomi Shop.
The saleman is very informative. There is a 4S 55" TV on display.
P1 will be in Singapore on 16Jun. $799 include free robotic vaccuum mop and free delivery and installation.
Anything for 65" ? Why they skip 65" or coming later date?

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xiaomi authorised EIN Singapore as the main distributor of Xiaomi products in Singapore. All Mi Reseller Stores/Mi Stores/Miare operated by EIN Singapore.

The official Xiaomi store on Shopee and Lazada are also managed by EIN Singapore. There's also another official Xiaomi store on the two platforms named as Xiaomi Overseas Official Store, which is shipped from China directly but you still enjoy local warranty by EIN Singapore at Funan.
Yeah lor... so they are not operated by Xiaomi themselves... which is kind of disappointing... especially for the Mi Zone... honestly some of the stores feel more like a mum and pop store that happens to sell Xiaomi products...

block306

Reaction score
Is there a wy to limit scren time for an app on xiaomi tv? My son had been spending too muvh time on youtube. Thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.