Xiaomi TV Discussion Thread VII [consolidated]

ccmheoa

Master Member
Reaction score
thats quite a good deal thinking that the Tv is safe and there is no need to worry, $120 is reasonable and its 2 way trip, you dont have to spend time and energy to bring the tv down by yourself.

I totally agree with this, just gotten a 4x from minihelper.
Am really glad that they even offer this option!

I paid $725 for this TV, for a 65 inch tv it's a sweet price!
Hopefully it last at least a few years...

McSpicyy

Reaction score
Is there any website that have the benchmarks of the xiaomi tv?

Thinking of getting a budget 55inch smart tv
Want to compare the xiaomi 4S with TCL s434

sjchng

Reaction score
Anyone here with a Xiaomi tv that lasted less than a year? I bought mine, a 43" in Oct 2020, and now it's giving me a blank screen. Tried doing a hard reset but doesn't work.

So is it me that's suay or Xiaomi tvs don't last? Seriously not expecting it to konk out in 7 months, oh man.

avviicc

Banned
Reaction score
I hook up my Xiaomi 43 inch tv which i just bought from Qoo10 to my PC
The following are what I observe:

1) Sometimes switch off the tv then switch back on, it says "NO SIGNAL" even if my PC is still on. Need to switch off and on a few times

2) Sometimes when switch on the tv, the Custom PICTURE Settings will be gone so I need to go into picture , then the picture settings will revert back to my custom settings

3) When ever i switch off the main power plug, then the "mute" sign will be on , so i have to press the volume up to activate the sound.

Are these normal?

The TV is cheap and has 4k capacity for such a cheap price BUT i fear it wun last like those more famous brand.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone here with a Xiaomi tv that lasted less than a year? I bought mine, a 43" in Oct 2020, and now it's giving me a blank screen. Tried doing a hard reset but doesn't work.

So is it me that's suay or Xiaomi tvs don't last? Seriously not expecting it to konk out in 7 months, oh man.
It's still under warranty... claim your warranty lor...

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I hook up my Xiaomi 43 inch tv which i just bought from Qoo10 to my PC
The following are what I observe:

1) Sometimes switch off the tv then switch back on, it says "NO SIGNAL" even if my PC is still on. Need to switch off and on a few times

2) Sometimes when switch on the tv, the Custom PICTURE Settings will be gone so I need to go into picture , then the picture settings will revert back to my custom settings

3) When ever i switch off the main power plug, then the "mute" sign will be on , so i have to press the volume up to activate the sound.

Are these normal?

The TV is cheap and has 4k capacity for such a cheap price BUT i fear it wun last like those more famous brand.
1) The TV probably doesn't default to your last used source? What is the time interval between switching on and off? You turn off the TV to save electricity when you don't use the computer is it? Then when you want to use it again, you power on the TV and the screen doesn't resume like a normal computer monitor? If like that might simply be due to the TV is not built to work like a dedicated computer monitor?

2) This happens when using the TV as a TV or as a computer monitor?

3) When you switch off the TV from the wall mains, it will boot from cold, and you'll have to choose your different modes; whereas if you press the power button on the control, it goes into some kind of sleep mode, and it wakes rather than boot from cold... if the audio output is connected to external speakers, I think it will auto mute to prevent the external speakers from spiking?

My experience is from using the 4S 65"... not sure if the same or not...

avviicc

Banned
Reaction score
1) The TV probably doesn't default to your last used source? What is the time interval between switching on and off? You turn off the TV to save electricity when you don't use the computer is it? Then when you want to use it again, you power on the TV and the screen doesn't resume like a normal computer monitor? If like that might simply be due to the TV is not built to work like a dedicated computer monitor?

2) This happens when using the TV as a TV or as a computer monitor?

3) When you switch off the TV from the wall mains, it will boot from cold, and you'll have to choose your different modes; whereas if you press the power button on the control, it goes into some kind of sleep mode, and it wakes rather than boot from cold... if the audio output is connected to external speakers, I think it will auto mute to prevent the external speakers from spiking?

My experience is from using the 4S 65"... not sure if the same or not...

Hi, thanks for ur reply.
1) It defaults to my last used source. Eg: HDMI 1 for my computer. I used the remote to switch off the xiaomi TV to save electricity. But say 1 hr later when i switch on the tv again using the remote, it says no signal. Then i have to switch off again using remote and on , then sometimes got to try a few times before the tv can detect the signal from the computer.

2) it defaults back to HDMI 1 but the picture settings not back to the custom one that I set. I must press the setting => pictures again, then it reverts back to the custom settings

3) Ya, maybe the sound is mute from COLD boot (ie: switch off main plug) in case of spike in sound..

Think there are some bugs with xiaomi tv firmware/software
https://c.mi.com/thread-3139204-1-0.html
2)

HolyInnocents

Reaction score
does anyone use the xiaomi tv (43") with its original stand? is it stable or do i have to mount the tv on the wall?

GoodBetterBest

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does anyone use the xiaomi tv (43") with its original stand? is it stable or do i have to mount the tv on the wall?
for me, stable. But it's a little low. You may want to get the measurements and see the soundbar you intend to get (if getting) will block the screen. Even when it clears the screen number-wise, if you sit on the floor to watch, the angle you watching from, the soundbar could obstruct the screen.

holyAngelX

Reaction score
Ya its stable, if you touch it it will wobble a little but pretty stable otherwise. But ya, as mentioned the height is low so I actually placed something below the feet to lift TV higher. I would consider wall mount only if you lack the table space or height

Now waiting to see if I wanna upgrade to the new P1 TV model, or wait for the Q1. The P1 seems to be an upgrade over the 4S/4X so not sure if there's any point in buying them now

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya its stable, if you touch it it will wobble a little but pretty stable otherwise. But ya, as mentioned the height is low so I actually placed something below the feet to lift TV higher. I would consider wall mount only if you lack the table space or height

Now waiting to see if I wanna upgrade to the new P1 TV model, or wait for the Q1. The P1 seems to be an upgrade over the 4S/4X so not sure if there's any point in buying them now
Pricing might be quite different though...

xorionn

Reaction score
For Xiaomi TV, I want to subscribe to their VIP to watch their movies, but I tried Alipay and Wechat to pay, can’t seem to add our SG credit card. Anyone subscribed successfully?

kkcheng77

Reaction score
Anyone with electrical background and advice? Just finished setup MI TV 4S. So far everything work. But while TV is plugged to wall switch, I can feel some electrical shock while touching the metal frame of the TV. Noticed plug 2 pin so no ground wire. My test pen shows lighted when I touch it on the TV metal part.Should I be worried?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone with electrical background and advice? Just finished setup MI TV 4S. So far everything work. But while TV is plugged to wall switch, I can feel some electrical shock while touching the metal frame of the TV. Noticed plug 2 pin so no ground wire. My test pen shows lighted when I touch it on the TV metal part.Should I be worried?
you are still alive to post here :)

off the wall switch, pull out the plug, rotate 180 degree and plug back, see whether it is better.

avviicc

Banned
Reaction score
To those buying mitv and want to use the 4K feature to hook up to ur device 4k output like computer 4k 60Hzor game console etc...

My experience ==> Buy a HDMI 2.1 cable instead of 2.0 cable, it may be more expensive but it will provide stable signal and future proof too.. If u use 2.0 cable, u may experience intermitten signal loss and tv showing strange colour. With 2.1 cable, super stable and works perfectly

Hope my advice can help some of u

kkcheng77

Reaction score
you are still alive to post here :)

off the wall switch, pull out the plug, rotate 180 degree and plug back, see whether it is better.
No use. Took out a multimeter, measured 80 volt (AC) and 81uA. So indeed there are voltage leaking. This is a flawed product design. All electrical product should have grounded if they have metal exterior. Right now have to think about earthing this TV to prevent other family member from getting mini shock.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xiaomi just launched the Mi TV P1 Series in Taiwan
6lT2FkQ.jpg

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No use. Took out a multimeter, measured 80 volt (AC) and 81uA. So indeed there are voltage leaking. This is a flawed product design. All electrical product should have grounded if they have metal exterior. Right now have to think about earthing this TV to prevent other family member from getting mini shock.
What size is your TV? 65". Mine doesn't have this problem leh... and I am very sensitive to electrical leaks from electronics with 2-pin plugs... how to earth? Interested to know...

bomberman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
expected to launch the Q1 and P1 in malaysia tomorrow. will be interesting to see the pricing.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.