Xiaomi TV Discussion Thread VII [consolidated]

JingWei5152

Reaction score
thats why you go for 3 yrs on-site warranty with authorized dealer

You bought from parallel importer without/short warranty then you kpkb about the brand rather than the importer.
IPS panel has common issue regardless of which brand, brands like samsung if using IPS would have the same problem
You can refer to prismplus official website to address the IPS panel issue.
I think same as xiaomi. Under Warranty cannot claim even though

Alfredlee1234

Reaction score
Anyone encountered backlight issue for the mitv 4s? Recently just bought an xbox series s to hook up to my tv and was working well for a week or so but now tv has no image when turned on (can sometime hear sound) hence not certain if the backlight led shorted or was it "stuck" in hdmi input? Already out of PI's warranty since it's 1.5 years so uncertain if i should opt for repair or just change new tv (wallet pain)
Same issue. I suggest you sell it away on carousell better. Cannot fix at all.
But if you don’t mind can still use it. If the black light not very serious, faster sell, coz it will becomes more and more noticeable
I had learned this experience from my dell monitor and xiaomi tv

petetherock

Reaction score
Same issue. I suggest you sell it away on carousell better. Cannot fix at all.
But if you don’t mind can still use it. If the black light not very serious, faster sell, coz it will becomes more and more noticeable
I had learned this experience from my dell monitor and xiaomi tv
It's already busted... that's not right to sell unless he declares it and if he does, I don't think there will be too many takers..
Just use it til it's gone.
Good price for the TVs allows one to replace it with less heart ache.
In any case you don't see consistently bad feedback, so I guess most buyers know what they need and this fits their needs.

Carol_88

Reaction score
Yes I think even minihelpers is authorized seller as the warranty is 3 yrs onsite by xiaomi AD too now. As p1 is the first global set it does makes sense.

Thanks I will look for sale too as I am not in a rush. Not so familar with lazada and especially lazada bonus. I buy mainly from qoo10 as coupons are easily available and gift card discounts can save a lot too plus cashback. I got xbox series S at $80 off(would be $100 if I had known can only buy 2 gift cards per day) so I am thinking of a new tv to experience it on.

Right now 55 inch cheapest is qoo10 at minihelpers at $649. I will lookout for lazada prosperity sale on the 8th and I only got a $30 lazada coupon now. How to use lazada bonus still have to research haha

Yup, I got my 55inch P1 TV on Qoo10 from minihelpers too. $649 55inch 3 year warranty.
https://www.qoo10.sg/item/MINIHELPE...-LED-BORDLESS-DISPLAY-DIGITAL-READY/674690604

Did a check via email with Xiaomi Singapore. Verified. Comes with Local Xiaomi 3 year On site warranty. TV so far no issues. But for a peace of mind, 3 year on site warranty very important.

iDIK2GT.jpg

Too many sellers on carousell, just have to check carefully to ensure getting from AD. TV has Singapore Region in settings too.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, I got my 55inch P1 TV on Qoo10 from minihelpers too. $649 55inch 3 year warranty.
https://www.qoo10.sg/item/MINIHELPE...-LED-BORDLESS-DISPLAY-DIGITAL-READY/674690604

Did a check via email with Xiaomi Singapore. Verified. Comes with Local Xiaomi 3 year On site warranty. TV so far no issues. But for a peace of mind, 3 year on site warranty very important.

iDIK2GT.jpg

Too many sellers on carousell, just have to check carefully to ensure getting from AD. TV has Singapore Region in settings too.
carousell is not a good place to buy high price goods, such as 55" TV.

luckyMistake

Reaction score
Hi guys, i recently bought Mi P1 tv. I encountered this weird issue where my remote cannot switch on the tv and i have to manually press the tv power button.

Once on, remote can use normally and even switch off tv. Ps if this issue has been raised but i havent had time to read. Google doesnt yield me my issue.

TIA

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Mi Q1, the 75" one. is there any new firmware, or updates, likely? Mine says Feb 2021, which is before I bought it.

Thanks
hi
hows the feedback so far for the Mi 75" TV ?

Bieffe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i recently bought Mi P1 tv. I encountered this weird issue where my remote cannot switch on the tv and i have to manually press the tv power button.

Once on, remote can use normally and even switch off tv. Ps if this issue has been raised but i havent had time to read. Google doesnt yield me my issue.

TIA
Sure is faulty set or controller no quick fix. Try to pair controller one more time.

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lately my 55 P1 flickering when watching TV, other apps like YouTube are fine. I checked the dvb t2 signal is okay. Anyone else faced this issue too or have any solution?

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lately my 55 P1 flickering when watching TV, other apps like YouTube are fine. I checked the dvb t2 signal is okay. Anyone else faced this issue too or have any solution?
you using active or passive antenna? maybe a powered active one might solve the issue.

mine is using Funke powered antenna (came with Draco set-top box) no flickering problem.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what are the
- signal quality ?
- signal strength ?

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
from long time i had this issue..i thought is signal..i just use mewatch APP to watch

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
you using active or passive antenna? maybe a powered active one might solve the issue.

mine is using Funke powered antenna (came with Draco set-top box) no flickering problem.
what are the
- signal quality ?
- signal strength ?
Very paisay. I tried to reposition the antenna slightly and it is good now.

Thanks all for the responses!

rarenick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using p1 TV with sound bar? Any recommendations for the sound bar? I am thinking of using creative stage v2 but concerned about Bluetooth connectivity whether it is fast enough to pair up whenever I turn on the sound bar when want to watch movie.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

eaphla

Reaction score
For those using p1 TV, do u find the software/os very laggy?

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
Yes, seem like slower than Xiaomi mibox Android box. When run Disney+ app, the volume up down, also respond pretty slow. It take 3 to 4 secs to show up the volume control. Still looking forward for update from Xiaomi. Hopefully should fixed it.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using p1 TV with sound bar? Any recommendations for the sound bar? I am thinking of using creative stage v2 but concerned about Bluetooth connectivity whether it is fast enough to pair up whenever I turn on the sound bar when want to watch movie.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
I am trying to add my existing subwoofer for more bass to the TV so I bought the PROZOR 192kHz Digital to Analog Audio Converter with 5.0 Bluetooth Receiver from Amazon, the thing will arrive soon so I"ll set it up and see.

Does anyone knows if the default TV speakers can play sound together with the bluetooth connection? If not, I'll have to add another pair of speakers to my subwoofer liao otherwise the TV speakers sounded decent... just lack bass only

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am trying to add my existing subwoofer for more bass to the TV so I bought the PROZOR 192kHz Digital to Analog Audio Converter with 5.0 Bluetooth Receiver from Amazon, the thing will arrive soon so I"ll set it up and see.

Does anyone knows if the default TV speakers can play sound together with the bluetooth connection? If not, I'll have to add another pair of speakers to my subwoofer liao otherwise the TV speakers sounded decent... just lack bass only

normally the TV speaker is muted after bluetooth audio is connected. This feature is very important for most people.

you should explore other source, such as SPDIF optical/coaxial output from the TV.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
normally the TV speaker is muted after bluetooth audio is connected. This feature is very important for most people.

you should explore other source, such as SPDIF optical/coaxial output from the TV.
already tested switching TV sound mode to optical mode (without connecting anything), the TV sound also muted.

I hope to retain the TV sound so that I won't have to connect extra speakers but looks like no choice liao, have to hook them up via the sub woofer.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.