Xiaomi TV Discussion Thread VII [consolidated]

gaoxingdcf

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where did you buy your set?

If from Lazada Xiaomi official store, you don't have to register but you need to request the Lazada sales invoice PDF and keep that for warranty verification.

i got it when i sign up for Starhub broadband.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got it when i sign up for Starhub broadband.
wah... Starhub so generous gave Xiaomi TV and now tiagong also giving Samsung 5.1 soundbar system.

anyway you should be asking Starhub about warranty cos I dun remember Xiaomi needs to register, all is done by the merchant side.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will it be overkill if I buy a bluetooth keyboard + trackpad for the tv?
Cos sometimes I do need to do keyword searches with apps like YouTube and Spotify, and well... the screen is not touchscreen. Using the remote control directional buttons is as slow as trying to key something on a PS Vita
A gyro airmouse will solve the problem...it comes with 2.4ghz mouse and built-in keypad, for less than $50.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cos sometimes I do need to do keyword searches with apps like YouTube and Spotify, and well... the screen is not touchscreen. Using the remote control directional buttons is as slow as trying to key something on a PS Vita
yes, overkilled.

you can use your phone as input device, the onscreen keyboard on your handphone is good enough.

fffrozzz

Reaction score
my xiaomi tv just died last night, black screen and voice only. recommend me a value for money 55inch tv

lance88

Reaction score
For Spotify you can actually find it on your mobile then play it on tv. For YouTube, unless you really use it very often to purposely search for smth then maybe yes maybe not. Otherwise there isn't really a need, just a small hassle for a few seconds per use

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Spotify you can actually find it on your mobile then play it on tv. For YouTube, unless you really use it very often to purposely search for smth then maybe yes maybe not. Otherwise there isn't really a need, just a small hassle for a few seconds per use
youtube the same. can find it on the phone, then play it on tv

heanseng

Reaction score
my xiaomi tv just died last night, black screen and voice only. recommend me a value for money 55inch tv

My 4S - 43" bought in Dec-2020 also died in the same way last Saturday. The Shopee seller honored 3-year warranty and replaced it yesterday after failing to repair at my place. We are very happy after living without a TV for a few days.

allanzzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any other option for sub $1000 65" google/android tv?
The Mi TV 4S model is quite old already.

TCL P615 is weird with only 2.4ghz wifi, might stutter on 4K content.
Hisense does not seems to be google/android TV.

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Mi tv models no update from 2021 ... Darn sad . Even the newest qled 55 75 inch is early 2021models.
TCL P615 is okay if you dun mind 2.4 wifi actually not alot of 4k content in streaming apps also .
Preferably increase budget to 1.2k for better models with local warranty .

In terms of value 55 inch seems the best now . Prices for 65 inch seems overly pricy almost double of 55 inch .

acidcrash

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This good deal?

Mi TV 55" L55M6-6ARG

The P1 model.

oiTihIR.jpeg

GJN

Reaction score

My TCL P615's wifi has never a problem receiving 4K and HDR content from netflix or youtube. I think it depends more on the distance and strength of signal from router to tv.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.