Xiaomi vacuum robot users lip lai please

humanrace

Reaction score
Anyone has recommendation for consumables for dreame ls10 ultra.
Main concern on detergent liquid and things like dust bag, map pads replacement eventually.

mospte

Reaction score
Yes thank you for info. Somehow I asked a chap in Carousell and he said the veniibot app is still functional for him. I don't know if there is something wrong with my phone, which is a Huawei P30 Pro. Sign. Got to think of getting a new robot, is the Redroad G10 any good? It is cheaper, not as ex as the Dreame ones. Not sure if its claims of avoidance of sucking up socks and cables are accurate.

mospte

Reaction score
Thanks for info. So what is the real deal for good cameras that could detect small objects, socks, cables etc etc? Is the so called 3D TOF camera system that is the best? I am very confused about all these terms of LIDAR scans, laser etc etc. Will be most grateful if you could elaborate on the differences in camera system. I have tried searching in this forum, still not so sure what to look for.

mospte

Reaction score
Hi boss, any reviews on the Redroad G10? Is there a repair workshop/local warranty for the robot?

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi boss, any reviews on the Redroad G10? Is there a repair workshop/local warranty for the robot?
my short review : Not good

Sorry for the late post, been busy at work!

if u can get 10% qoocoins, this is damn value for money:

I got the RedRoad G10 exactly 1 month ago, but then was down with Covid19 for 2 weeks just after i got it.
But, i did find time to open it up and test, and also mop the floor everyday while i home quarantined!

Here's part 1 of the review first, some unbox shots!

Packing is decent and compact as it can get.

The robot itself is pretty standard quality, the water tank feel good, though i really wish they made the dirty tank clear so that i can see the dirty water!

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Part 2 of the Redroad G10 review.

Some simple walkthrough, i'll give my thoughts near the end.

Software is actually quite decent, all the options are there.
I didn't realised there are more cleaning options at the bottom of the screen and i NEEDED to SWIPE down.. :ROFLMAO:

Custom Clean allows you to select each room and set the following options:
1. 1 or 2 times cleaning
2. vac, vac + mop, mop
3. Suction level (4 levels)

Suction is pretty decent, when you set to silent, it's not too loud, i can sleep thru it.

There are quite many options in the advanced menu, quite elaborate i must say.
Most Options have sub-text with explanation, pretty good!

Quick map creation allows the robot to move thru your place and scan the map without working.
Carpet settings allow you to set carpet pressurization mode, avoidance mode and display mode.
Mopping mode can set S-shape (faster) or Y-shape (cleaner).
Edge and Secondary (2x) cleaning are a one-time thing, works only for the next clean job.
You can't use Edge cleaning in Schedule mode, unlike Hydra which i can set.

Water Electrolysis is my favorite! It's supposedly electrolyzes the water used to clean the mop, thus sterelizing it and reducing germs and odour in the waste water!
I don't know how effective is it or what, but i know the dirty water tank is less smelly!

The voice prompt is completely garbled sometimes, i don't even know what it is saying! but whatever..
at least it's making noise so i know it's working/something is wrong.

This above is my cleaning records for the last month, i use it almost once a day or 2-3 times some days then rest a few days.

App Speed: Decently fast, definitely faster than Mi Home robots.
You can choose NA / EU / ASIA server, I use the EU server as it felt faster than the SG server, it connects to eu-ota.3irobotix.net.

I initially setup the robot and mapped the place using ASIA server, but changed to EU server by setting up a new EU account and then pair the robot again.
Surprisingly, the map is still there when i connected into the EU!

phiber

Master Member
Reaction score
my short review : Not good
Hmm.. why no good? i'm still using it at least 3 times a day.. bought extra pads and hepa filter from AE.
Works well, no issue..

P.S: CHANGE TO ASIA SERVER, EU server used to be faster, now ASIA server is way faster.

And changing server DOES NOT Erase any data the need to remap. it's like migrating the account.
BUT when you change server, your cleaning records get erased.

Maps and setting still stay, at least for me.

I would say with a 20% Qoo10 coupon, this is quite worth it if can stack with store coupon.

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm.. why no good? i'm still using it at least 3 times a day.. bought extra pads and hepa filter from AE.
Works well, no issue..

P.S: CHANGE TO ASIA SERVER, EU server used to be faster, now ASIA server is way faster.

And changing server DOES NOT Erase any data the need to remap. it's like migrating the account.
BUT when you change server, your cleaning records get erased.

Maps and setting still stay, at least for me.

I would say with a 20% Qoo10 coupon, this is quite worth it if can stack with store coupon.

-slow loading
-user interface not good
-if u put obstacles in the middle of the path, it will go haywire.
-if u put obstacles near the dock, it will also go haywire
-u wall, it can go into invisible room
-mopping/sweeping not as clean as roborock.

For e.g
roborock.... 1 sweep with normal suction....no hair strands.
redroad.... 5 x sweep with turbo suction... still got hair strands. lol... not corner!!!
what the use of vacuum robot...when i still need to use handheld vacuum. :ROFLMAO:

phiber

Master Member
Reaction score
-slow loading
-user interface not good

For e.g
redroad.... 5 x sweep with turbo suction... still got hair strands. lol... not corner!!!
what the use of vacuum robot...when i still need to use handheld vacuum. :ROFLMAO:

I guess YMMV ?

-slow loading = I changed to Asia server and this was fixed, was on EU previously.
-user interface not good = I guess personal preference, to me, i just click start and stop and can select rooms
-if u put obstacles in the middle of the path, it will go haywire. - Never really had this issue
-if u put obstacles near the dock, it will also go haywire - Who go and put things to block the docks? LOL How does Roborock or other robots handle this? Does it stand up and pick up the obstacle? :p
-u wall, it can go into invisible room - never had this issue leh
-mopping/sweeping not as clean as roborock. - never had this issue either.

I have 3 rabbits with so much hair and fur than my wife and i drop combined.. my floor is spotless.. so i guess YMMV!

Spheredome

Reaction score
-slow loading
-user interface not good

For e.g
If a robovac keeps creating new ghost room, it can be confirmed electronic issue because it’s compass direction is messed up. This is what I noticed from RR and Neabot forum with the latter having most problem.

PaprikaSG

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting this, can vacuum & mop at high temp at the same time

Anyone using this?

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If a robovac keeps creating new ghost room, it can be confirmed electronic issue because it’s compass direction is messed up. This is what I noticed from RR and Neabot forum with the latter having most problem.
nope it is the software side.
there is no ghost room.
But after u add the virtual wall, the ghost room will appear

then when ghost room appear, need to reset the map........ sibei troublesome. :s22:

For the price point, these flaws are ok for me..... but just the hair strand thingy.... :s22:

Haman

Reaction score
Not sure what this error means but if the pump circuit is open can interpret as no connectivity, then the pump could be faulty. Reboot bot and see if it reset something.
Check the water tank pump if it is rusty wire or disconnected, also the tank connector to the bot connector. Give it a good slap on the pump area to see if some diaphragm is stuck. Else contact technical support.
Hi, thank you for your prompt reply. I had done those (except reset the bot) and it is now working again. I guess either the connectors dirty or the slap work.

Spheredome

Reaction score
nope it is the software side.
there is no ghost room.
But after u add the virtual wall, the ghost room will appear

then when ghost room appear, need to reset the map........ sibei troublesome. :s22:

For the price point, these flaws are ok for me..... but just the hair strand thingy.... :s22:

I did not experience these with the xiaomi equivalent mjstp and surprisingly still running till now on scheduler. Though I do not have long hair issue. This is also my concern with matured app vs new clone brand, most of the time software and build quality becomes an issue.
Nevertheless, users who is low in budget will have to get the next best option.
Also if the roller brush is worn out, hair and flat wide debris not pick up.

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why cleaning solution for robot cleaner so expensive huh?

Normal mop cleaning solution only a few dollars but for robot cleaner one small bottle cost $20-$40 o_O

Anyone have alternative cheaper option that won't clog up the robot cleaner?

Spheredome

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting this, can vacuum & mop at high temp at the same time

Anyone using this?

For strictly hard floor only Hizero is still my top choice. Quiet and easy to separate the mess from water, unlike all other designs, hairs gets stuck in the tank. Price is highest and must use frequently else the special roller will dry up and need to re-soak. For non charging storage situation, Hizero battery must be remove to prevent spoil.
Based on the W10 explanation, the only advantage is the pre-heat of water in the container before pump into the vac tank. Heavy pull by weight and roller just like Hizero, so can exercise muscle. So for small size user may not be suitable for big area.
My only question is whether it is normal for user to wait till the water heats up before use or cleaning is typical take and go. Else feature becomes redundant.

Spheredome

Reaction score
Following the previous model A10 mop robovac, Noesis released the new model Florio which adds vacuum function. Noesis is the only one that has auto change of mop pad disposable tissue, which the robovac will change a new pad between clean. The new Florio adds the vacuum and obstacle recognition feature that the previous A10 lacks. And the base station has auto dust empty and a clean water tank to top up the bot for wet mopping. The Florio mop tissue is smaller than A10 in material since Florio does not need to fold over the mop plate, unlike A10.
Also Florio does not need user to manually unwrap the tissue from the mop plate making it easy to dispose and add tissue.
I am uncertain where global Noesis is available as China version of A10 needs a China phone number to register.

Last edited:

Justbear

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone using Narwal J3? How long had you been using and if everything so far so good?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.