yakun vs toastbox food

radish

Emeritus Honorary Member
Reaction score
anyone like food at yakun vs toastbox? any recommended must eat?

i love toastbox curry. toast and coffee i slightly prefer yakun. yakun steamed bread is really gd.

ToaCahSoh

Reaction score
TB curry do u find sometimes the chilli oil or whatever floating red oil is too much until like unhealthy to finish the entire bowl of gravy?

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
both places only the toast and coffee/tea are fresh.

other items like curry chicken / etc all are pre prepared and warmed up.

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Both are expensive. YA KHUN got a branch in the Bangkok Siam shopping mall. When visit only can see houseflies but toast box in hong Kong can see crowd.

jeepers

Master Member
Reaction score
I had TB curry chicken once, and the chicken had that old, frozen chicken taste. It was severely off putting and I’ve not eaten their curry chicken since. I like the lu rou fan but the serving keeps getting lesser so I stopped ordering.

Yakun’s mains suck.

Prefer fun toast curry chicken thicker and power....gotch new branch at Jurong point and amk

But the chup not enough.

I also don’t understand the hype for Yakun/TB’s beverages. As an established brands, their standard isn’t consistent. Almost every Teh bing I’ve had from TB is overly milky. The worst Yakun I’ve been to is Changi City Point, the tou shou looked good but the drinks were crap. The outlet closed down already. Some outlet in the north side also quite Chui, can’t remember if is north point or causeway point. The funan one asked me what is di lou lol.

The chains I’ve found to be quite consistent so far is Fun Toast and Kopi & Tarts. But I tried the JP Fun Toast kopi recently and it was TERRIBLE. It was bitter without coffee fragrance/taste, almost as if the water wasn’t hot enough when they made the coffee base.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I like tb ham and cheese. theirs has slight sweet taste to it.

I think tb curry gives only mid wing right? I prefer Wang curry. they give 1 drumstick, 1 potato and a egg. I prefer toasted bread over rice.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I like tb ham and cheese. theirs has slight sweet taste to it.

I think tb curry gives only mid wing right? I prefer Wang curry. they give 1 drumstick, 1 potato and a egg. I prefer toasted bread over rice

busfreaks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I long time never eat these leow since this kind of food must dine in and I not vaccinated. Can't go there eat

bwaysaikryptonite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TB is overrated rah tats why they also haf to sell other products to compete wif Yakun fun toast etc

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.