[gpgt] din0's sg50 trip!!!

Din0saurus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my guide said we walked about 9km yesterday, although the phone said 13km. today, it's gonna be 5km of easier terrain.

i2HwKO9.jpg

5.5hrs later. we got to the next yurt. uncle sibei unfit liao i thought.

pcEUHdH.jpg

but my phone says 19km leh. almost a bmt route march. #@$%&.

L997tt2.png

almost wanted to steal her toy!

rKodHly.jpg

the children damn strong. don't think she's much bigger than her younger sis.

xSfaa4i.jpg

Din0saurus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how u engage the guide one?
can have more details bro?

email this guy if you're going to osh. his name is Talant. definitely pricey but he is reliable. didn't charge me extra although i got stuck at the chinese border and the driver was already there, so he had to spend the night at their side of the border. also gave me a discount when i wanted to cancel the last night's yurt stay and head to the city 1 night earlier instead cos i was getting tired of life in the mountains but i told him to keep it as tips.

i was in contact with another coordinator from community based tourism (cbt) but Talant is a lot more responsive. also, they customize everything. i thought it was copy and past but i couldn't find any itinerary like mine online or even photos of the places he was going to bring me for the matter. i confirmed this when i met an angmoh volunteering there. she saw another guy painstakingly type out an itinerary from scratch, attaching pictures and stuff. possible mine. :s13:

cbtgulcho@mail.ru

if you're starting from bishkek, i can't help.

Din0saurus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
plov. central asian nasi briyani. my friend thinks plov is tastier than nasi briyani but she's russian. pffft. it's good but i like briyani better.

GgOTVM5.jpg

oh and this is how kymyz is made. they ferment horse's milk in a goat skin bag that has been smoked. that explains the black bits and smokiness. my guide likes the fact that the skin imparts a bit of flavor to the kymyz.

they start the fermentation in the morning and stir it throughout the day. by afternoon, it becomes samaal. which is between kymyz and horse milk. the lactose hasn't been fully fermented, so it's still slightly sweet but too much gives you the runs. the next morning, it becomes kymyz.

JiB4pYO.jpg

nothing to do so i napped along with the children.

NAAoEaH.jpg

here, they tie a rope to the ceiling and wrap a mattress around it to make a cot you can swing. she loves it.

79DhGQd.jpg

Din0saurus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
next day just chiong straight to the next yurt cos bored already. got there too early and had to wait 2hrs for my guide to get here and pick me up cos they see my horse riding skillz no up. :s13:

hna38yj.jpg

X4fnAYd.jpg

Din0saurus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice snaky roads. From here, how was the travel? 4 wheel drive? Yurts look odd beside such nice looking tarmac roads..

Edit: Carrying the tripod best decision. So many panos :)

about 1.5hr to osh. my guide's car is that subaru that can cross rivers but he came in his bro-in-law's toyota to pick me up. most of the cars are 2nd hand exports from europe and japan. quite nice when he starts the engine and the system greets you in japanese. :s13:

most of the panos are done free hand! surprisingly i didn't have ANY starry night to do long exposures for the entire trip.

Din0saurus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
stayed in a 'suite' when i got to osh cos din0 ish gcp!!!!

1NP0alX.jpg

and also the 'suites' are on the 7th floor and i have a clear view of sulaiman too.

jxTE24e.jpg

Sulaiman-Too Sacred Mountain Kyrgyzstan dominates the Fergana Valley and forms the backdrop to the city of Osh, at the crossroads of important routes on the Central Asian Silk Roads. For more than one and a half millennia, Sulaiman was a beacon for travellers revered as a sacred mountain. Its five peaks and slopes contain numerous ancient places of worship and caves with petroglyphs as well as two largely reconstructed 16th century mosques. One hundred and one sites with petroglyphs representing humans and animals as well as geometrical forms have been indexed in the property so far. The site numbers 17 places of worship, which are still in use, and many that are not. Dispersed around the mountain peaks they are connected by footpaths. The cult sites are believed to provide cures for barrenness, headaches, and back pain and give the blessing of longevity. Veneration for the mountain blends pre-Islamic and Islamic beliefs. The site is believed to represent the most complete example of a sacred mountain anywhere in Central Asia, worshipped over several millennia.

sauce: http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1230

sCJ4mLM.jpg

night view.

iZPbVmc.jpg

Din0saurus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very nice night view.
So you are back to Kyrgyzstan then to SG?
The city looks safe and peaceful. :s22:

already back in sg for a while. that's when i start processing photos. waste of time to do it overeseas. nothing to do might as well take nap or drink beer. :s13:

osh is a nice city indeed! :s12:

Last edited:

Din0saurus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
peace and harmony temple, yo~

MkB7WOy.jpg

ruskis blasted a hole to make a museum. dunno whether to cringe or laugh at how ridiculous the whole thing is.

Lucu1Y5.jpg

not like it's a great museum some more. :s13:

qU259J5.jpg

it's quite a big hole...

kKmqEMR.jpg

Din0saurus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nice pics

i got no balls to go such "uncommon" destinations

i overestimated myself this time cos my first backpacking trip was in south america and i didn't speak any spanish at all. thought this would be nothing but i was wrong. :s13:

Laguna123

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
peace and harmony temple, yo~

MkB7WOy.jpg

ruskis blasted a hole to make a museum. dunno whether to cringe or laugh at how ridiculous the whole thing is.

Lucu1Y5.jpg

How do u access the museum is like higher up in the mountain?

Laguna123

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i overestimated myself this time cos my first backpacking trip was in south america and i didn't speak any spanish at all. thought this would be nothing but i was wrong. :s13:

Language is the biggest obstacle for this trip?

Impz82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dino Jin satki and jelly u go on trip. I think once I finish my itinerary, also share with edmw for fun...

Banned
Reaction score
got ask got chance ma. go overseas 1st priority. new camera is 2nd. :D

that's what i thought! is jin ho jiak.

you malaysian???
Lol.. I go Malaysia a lot.. And I worked there for a few months :/

The plov looks so good..

And I think the distances he tell u are straight line distance

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.