LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2018, 11:19 PM   #1
Master Member

[Serious] Recommend tips and countries to visit for solo traveller

First-time solo.
No budget.
No time limit.
No one else but me...
Preferably: Sightseeing like temples/cathedrals/sceneries. Explorations. And food. Don’t mind long walks.

Gimme ideas for a post-ORD trip, please.

Location? Duration? Interesting places?

Would like to ssrr the world before I settle down on studies and working till beyond retirement age...

No dangerous places, please. I want to experience the world, but without the life-endangering part.
No third world country or go there help do hard labor as activities. I’m not a volunteer or activist, I just want to explore the world a bit more.
No driving.

Any general advice or interesting tips to share?
What backpacks do you guys use?
Did you guys have a luggage with you?
What website would you guys recommend to book for hotels/flight?

Last edited by qazamy; 30-03-2018 at 11:51 AM..
qazamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2018, 11:27 PM   #2

Japan

10 chars
juxtaposition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 12:06 AM   #3
Supremacy Member

First-time solo.
No budget.
No time limit.
No one else but me...
Preferably: Sightseeing like temples/cathedrals/sceneries. Explorations. And food. Donít mind long walks.

West coast USA, sometime in northern spring or summer. Phenomenal natural beauty and sightseeing; friendly people; great cities (Vegas! SF! Seattle! Salt Lake! oh and Los Angeles I guess) and amazing food all up and down the west coast.
Shiny Things is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 01:26 AM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

First-time solo.
No budget.
No time limit.
No one else but me...
Preferably: Sightseeing like temples/cathedrals/sceneries. Explorations. And food. Don’t mind long walks.

Would like to ssrr the world before I settle down on studies and working till beyond retirement age...

No dangerous places, please. I want to experience the world, but without the life-endangering part.
No third world country or go there help do hard labor as activities. I’m not a volunteer or activist, I just want to explore the world a bit more.

no budget what does it mean? U have load of $$ to blow? or limited budget?
when U said backpack and luggage it sounded no budget means not much $$.

do U intend to drive?
no dangerous place, what do u mean by that.. war zone naturally unsafe. USA considered safe in your books?

no time limit so U intend to stay as long as VISA allows?
I think most countries max is like 90days.

experience the world.. hmm... USA, EU, east asia (Jp, China etc).. 90 days each.. U have budget for 9mths travel? throw in safer countries of south America like Chile.
kinda hard to experience the world by just visiting a country. SG is a melting pot but i don't think its experience the world.
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 09:52 AM   #5
Supremacy Member

Taiwan is good
joeey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 09:53 AM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

can i join in ?

dun mind pm me the itinerary

First-time solo.
No budget.
No time limit.
No one else but me...
Preferably: Sightseeing like temples/cathedrals/sceneries. Explorations. And food. Donít mind long walks.

No third world country or go there help do hard labor as activities. Iím not a volunteer or activist, I just want to explore the world a bit more.

5star_pundit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 11:42 AM   #7
Master Member

no budget what does it mean? U have load of $$ to blow? or limited budget?
when U said backpack and luggage it sounded no budget means not much $$.
Means I don’t have a definite budget to stick to lah.
How you link when I asked what type of backpack you guys use and if you guys will bring luggage with not much $$$?? You mean if got high budget means don’t need backpack or luggage?? I’m actually looking at getting a new daily backpack to use. Also wondering since traveling solo, the chance of getting souvenirs might be pretty low, so not sure if a luggage might be needed.

do U intend to drive?
no dangerous place, what do u mean by that.. war zone naturally unsafe. USA considered safe in your books?
No driving.
Yes, majority cities seems pretty safe in USA. I won’t know irl besides listening the news and reading crime statistics and articles. I’m a frog in the well when it comes to traveling abroad, also since it’s my first time traveling solo, I would rather not experience getting robbed to know whether a place is safe or not. Since you guys are pretty experienced in traveling (solo), what are the safer countries that you guys would recommend?

no time limit so U intend to stay as long as VISA allows?
I think most countries max is like 90days.
I’m looking to have an overall experience when traveling to any country. So I don’t think there’s a need to stay in a country till visa max limit. No need to travel so in-depth to visit every single shrine/cave/trail/temple/Sakura garden/mall the country got to offer. Big countries like USA, Europe, mainland China of cos would be split into several visits, but the idea to cover them in a single trip did cross my mind. Will be pushing these big travel plans further down till I’ve got roughly a good grasps of traveling solo. So for now would be traveling to individual parts of big countries and smaller countries.
Old 30-03-2018, 11:43 AM   #8
Master Member

experience the world.. hmm... USA, EU, east asia (Jp, China etc).. 90 days each.. U have budget for 9mths travel? throw in safer countries of south America like Chile.
kinda hard to experience the world by just visiting a country. SG is a melting pot but i don't think its experience the world.
I wouldn’t just be traveling to a country, but a country at a time, throughout my life. Preferably a few countries before I go study and work, then will plan trips in between by then.
Old 30-03-2018, 11:44 AM   #9
Master Member

can i join in ?

dun mind pm me the itinerary
Lol...haven’t even plan anything, what itinerary you want?
Old 30-03-2018, 11:46 AM   #10
Master Member

Taiwan is good
Went before Taipei, not sure if it’s worth to go through the whole of Taiwan to get an overall experience if the rest of Taiwan would be like Taipei.
Old 30-03-2018, 11:47 AM   #11
Master Member

Japan

10 chars
Is it all first time solo traveler is go Japan?
Old 30-03-2018, 11:50 AM   #12
Master Member

West coast USA, sometime in northern spring or summer. Phenomenal natural beauty and sightseeing; friendly people; great cities (Vegas! SF! Seattle! Salt Lake! oh and Los Angeles I guess) and amazing food all up and down the west coast.
Looks like will have to spilt USA into NSEW coast. Thanks! Will look up the travel guides. Is it feasible for travelers that’s not driving?
Old 30-03-2018, 11:50 AM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

Went before Taipei, not sure if itís worth to go through the whole of Taiwan to get an overall experience if the rest of Taiwan would be like Taipei.
Taipei is not the same as other part of Taiwan.
qhong61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 11:53 AM   #14
Master Member

Taipei is not the same as other part of Taiwan.
I see...roughly how long would you think it will take to cover an overall Taiwan then? And a rough budget? What would be worth to visit around Taiwan?
Old 30-03-2018, 01:22 PM   #15
Master Member

Looks like will have to spilt USA into NSEW coast. Thanks! Will look up the travel guides. Is it feasible for travelers thatís not driving?
dont drive in USA. Very hard to move.

If not drive, try Korea, Taiwan, Japan.

Those country public transport more well establish
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.