www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Travel and Accommodation (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/travel-accommodation-89/)
-   -   Air Canada --- Are we restricted to take domestic flight in Canada? Help (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/travel-accommodation-89/air-canada-we-restricted-take-domestic-flight-canada-help-3360091.html)

sumsum80 13-08-2011 11:34 PM

Air Canada --- Are we restricted to take domestic flight in Canada? Help

Just to check, I am trying to book Air Canada flight (return trip) from Los Angeles to whitehorse, but at the website where I key in my particulars. It state my country of residence as others (cos SG is not stated in the drop down list). It then reject my online booking stating my country of residence is not supported.

Next for Air Canada, is it a norm for them to charge extra $ if I were to checked in 2 luggage? It stated it will charge me $35 CAD each direction for the 2nd luggage.

Your advice pl

fone 14-08-2011 12:54 AM

Try to book your domestic together with international, so you get international luggage allowance. Or on some airline you have status with, otherwise, luggage is charged per piece. That's the norm within North America. US to Canada should have another set of luggage allowance too.

small pig 14-08-2011 05:36 PM

It not easy to book together . any way I also encounter the same issue that Canada airways don't accept Singaporean when booking

tennisguy 14-08-2011 06:29 PM

Ts, are u going US or Canada?
Easiest to travel in US is Delta airlines...
Go check it out

sumsum80 14-08-2011 09:46 PM

I will be going to Los Angeles then take domestic flight to Canada (Yukon) then back to Las Vegas before heading back to SG

krisflyermiles 15-08-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumsum80 (Post 58601330)
Just to check, I am trying to book Air Canada flight (return trip) from Los Angeles to whitehorse, but at the website where I key in my particulars. It state my country of residence as others (cos SG is not stated in the drop down list). It then reject my online booking stating my country of residence is not supported.
Your advice pl

use any of the LAX hotel address that you are staying.
They cant be bother to check the address.
It works.

the_dog 17-08-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumsum80 (Post 58601330)

Next for Air Canada, is it a norm for them to charge extra $ if I were to checked in 2 luggage? It stated it will charge me $35 CAD each direction for the 2nd luggage.

Your advice pl

Just create an account with Expedia and book thru them . I booked my Air Canada from YVR to LAX via Expedia