HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

APEC Business Travel card

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2019, 02:53 PM   #46

public and non public officer application time the same? i just applied mine, waiting time around 3 months? or does it depend on how many countries i applied for
OKCANN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:20 PM   #47
Honorary Member

Same i heard. Just apply all.

I nv ever get interim card the 3x i applied.
Beta_Tester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:06 PM   #48
High Supremacy Member

Interim card you can request.

When the final card is ready, you need to return interim card for the final card

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT
Henabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:07 PM   #49
High Supremacy Member

JB dont bother.

Works only at train station. If they decided to open that lane at their customs. No plus one.

Japan, Bkk also no allow plus one. HK, Taipei, Aus the last time still ok. Actually bkk allow but they whine alot.
Works at the JB custom via woodlands.

It's all the way to the right, same counter as MACS

For Vietnam, I hate to use APEC at Hanoi airport cuz the custom officers there only care about the diplomat counter. The APEC+sky priority counter like just put for fun.

At least HCMC airport they will corner off the counters for diplomat, APEC+ sky priority...

Last edited by Henabi; 09-02-2019 at 10:10 PM..
Old 09-02-2019, 11:12 PM   #50

DMK airport, apec card lane is the same as diplomat lane?
OKCANN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 02:50 PM   #51
Honorary Member

I think if u choose some counties that take the longest time to approve, then interim wont come. No point also.

When the final card is ready, you need to return interim card for the final card

Few fellas also experience no go at JB Macs lane. I remember counter 18. See your luck one. They tell us macs/apec closed, officer not in etc. Only once it worked for me. Train station works 100% though. KL airport also works.

Works at the JB custom via woodlands.
It's all the way to the right, same counter as MACS

For Vietnam, I hate to use APEC at Hanoi airport cuz the custom officers there only care about the diplomat counter. The APEC+sky priority counter like just put for fun.

At least HCMC airport they will corner off the counters for diplomat, APEC+ sky priority...

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 10-02-2019, 09:01 PM   #52

I travel 2 weeks per month to alot of the countries under the APEC card and in the past, in many of the countries, they allow me to bring in +1 for example colleague etc when you explain to them or if they make noise, I say sorry sorry next time will not liao.

However, in the past few months, many of the countries I went no longer entertain such things...and in fact, they told us that such APEC Card privileges can be withdrawn anytime if they decide an individual is abusing it. And I even had a few times in places like Jakarta seen people being thrown back to normal queue even if they have APEC card because they casually say they are here for holiday. Strictly the APEC card privilege is for business purposes, so if you are here for holiday, you cannot use those privilege to enter the country.
gasband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 11:04 PM   #53
Honorary Member

I noticed BKK, Tokyo, KL pasted A4 size paper say 1 ABTC card per person. HK and Taipei and Shanghai and Bali still ok. Last 4-6 months I was there.

BKK the fella grumble like mad. Anyways BKK got the new machine so its ok.

Anyone tried in USA/Canada? How was it?

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 11-02-2019, 03:20 PM   #54
High Supremacy Member

I travel 2 weeks per month to alot of the countries under the APEC card and in the past, in many of the countries, they allow me to bring in +1 for example colleague etc when you explain to them or if they make noise, I say sorry sorry next time will not liao.

However, in the past few months, many of the countries I went no longer entertain such things...and in fact, they told us that such APEC Card privileges can be withdrawn anytime if they decide an individual is abusing it. And I even had a few times in places like Jakarta seen people being thrown back to normal queue even if they have APEC card because they casually say they are here for holiday. Strictly the APEC card privilege is for business purposes, so if you are here for holiday, you cannot use those privilege to enter the country.
In any APEC approved countries, I will just say I come here for work.
Attend seminar, conference, workshop etc
Stay ABC hotel
Stay only for X days...

I travel to nearby SEA countries so often, that sometimes the custom officers will ask me why I don't stay longer?
I will just answer that I am here for work, once done I have to go back to singapore cuz I have more work in Singapore.

Then I will casually say that next time I will come longer for holiday with my family usually they will smile, chop, give me 3 months and wish me nice day

I think if u choose some counties that take the longest time to approve, then interim wont come. No point also.

Few fellas also experience no go at JB Macs lane. I remember counter 18. See your luck one. They tell us macs/apec closed, officer not in etc. Only once it worked for me. Train station works 100% though. KL airport also works.
So far JB customs ok for me

pilotsnoopy likes this.

Last edited by Henabi; 11-02-2019 at 03:33 PM..
Old 11-02-2019, 03:25 PM   #55
High Supremacy Member

I noticed BKK, Tokyo, KL pasted A4 size paper say 1 ABTC card per person. HK and Taipei and Shanghai and Bali still ok. Last 4-6 months I was there.

BKK the fella grumble like mad. Anyways BKK got the new machine so its ok.

Anyone tried in USA/Canada? How was it?
They put this is because too many people abuse the ABTC Lane and bring "families" along with them...
So much so that they stopped allowing ABTC card holders to bring "wife" or family with them.

I have seen with my own eyes how certain barbaric people abused the APEC lane (certain AT people) when I was Q-ing up at the APEC lane

but Still occasionally, they allow ABTC holders to bring their family with them but it's up to individual custom officers sole discretion

In BKK Sub airport arrival
ABTC card holders go through the ABTC Lane, "families" will go to normal Lane...
In the departure hall, ABTC card holders will go thru the checkpoint at level 1... But others will go through the normal LONG Q

Last edited by Henabi; 11-02-2019 at 04:06 PM..
Old 12-02-2019, 12:09 AM   #56
Honorary Member

Btw, only once i got the extra 3 mth chops. i asked around in telegram groups and some fellas who has it, usually u ask then they put it.

I got it in BKK.

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 12-02-2019, 06:13 AM   #57
Master Member

I think in BKK one of the reasons they are "strict" about it is because they also sell the "fast pass" so by allowing you to bring family in, they are losing income.
jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:48 AM   #58
Supremacy Member

I think in BKK one of the reasons they are "strict" about it is because they also sell the "fast pass" so by allowing you to bring family in, they are losing income.
Yeah their fast pass is really expensive. Paid for it before for my parents
Old 12-02-2019, 11:33 PM   #59
Honorary Member

I think plus one is fair. But not whole family.
Old 16-02-2019, 03:00 PM   #60
Master Member

no need to return interim card.. I still have both the interim and final cards with me. but on the final letter they will inform you that the final cards will supercede the interim one.
DMK airport, apec card lane is the same as diplomat lane?
yes, the most right lane that says abtc, diplomat, officials, monks, etc. there will be a staff manning the lane, just show your card and he will open the lane for you to enter.

yes especially for Russia.. they will ask slot about the purpose of your visit and ask for company letters and details about the purpose of your trip. if they are not convinced they may reject your abtc card entry and ask you to apply for a tourist visa to enter.
Btw, only once i got the extra 3 mth chops. i asked around in telegram groups and some fellas who has it, usually u ask then they put it.

I got it in BKK.
for mine the immigration officer at bkk usually will auto chop 3 months after the see the previous chops are all 3 months ones...

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.