Back from South island New Zealand

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Greetings from Queenstown. Queuing for fergburger now. Weather's great so far!
Enjoy!
I miss fergburger.. It is one of the best stuff i ate in nz, compared to many of the western food i ate tt was expensive and not really that great

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon! :s13:

Fergburger always long queue haha, but people who tried it says it's very good~
The queue is just for ordering, which is quite fast. After order have to wait for ur number.
Overall i waited less than 30min from queueing to collecting food.

Hinana

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Going to NZ in March. Taking SQ flying in/out from Wellington because of their promo when I got my tix but will focus on South Island. Visiting my relatives in Christchurch hence spending a day or 2 more there.

Just wanted to make sure the plan is feasible. Will be renting car from D5 - D11. Welcome any comments and suggestions :s13:

1. Wellington
    - Land late afternoon 5pm
  2. Wellington - Queenstown
    - Morning Wellington/maybe just walk around briefly take cable car
    - Domestic flight to Queenstown at 1300
    - Afternoon Queenstown
  3. Queenstown
    - Milford Sound Tour
  4. Queenstown
    - Sky dive
  5. Queenstown - Te Anau
    - Glenorchy ½ Day (considering Dart River Stables)
    - Head to Te Anau - Glowworm Cave
  6. Te Anau - Wanaka / Mt Cook
    - not sure if I should drop Wanaka and just head straight to Mt Cook
  7. Wanaka / Mt Cook - Lake Tekapo
  8. Lake Tekapo - Christchurch
  9. Christchurch
  10. Christchurch - Kaikorua
  11. Kaikorua - Picton [ferry] Wellington OR back Christchurch [domestic flight] Wellington
  12. Wellington
    - F&E + Weta Tour or join 1D LOTR Tour
  13. Wellington
    - departure at evening ~8pm

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since u are heading to te anau, shld take the milford sound tour from there. Te anau is much nearer to milford.

I think it is better to stay a night at wanaka than mt cook. Nothing much to do at mt cook at night. And accoms are expensive.

Last edited:

DiCaprio

Reaction score
Since u are heading to te anau, shld take the milford sound tour from there. Te anau is much nearer to milford.

I think it is better to stay a night at wanaka than mt cook. Nothing much to do at mt cook at night. And accoms are expensive.
Second this! Wanaka is actually pretty lovely. Mt Cook can just make it a day trip.

Sent from Tomorrowland using GAGT

Hinana

Reaction score

Thought about heading to Milford from Te Anau but I booked the Go Orange - Milford Sound Coach N Cruise tour at promo rate ex-Queenstown. Not sure if they allow pick up at Te Anau for the promo package.

Noted on Mt. Cook. Will consider staying the night at Wanaka :)

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thought about heading to Milford from Te Anau but I booked the Go Orange - Milford Sound Coach N Cruise tour at promo rate ex-Queenstown. Not sure if they allow pick up at Te Anau for the promo package.

Noted on Mt. Cook. Will consider staying the night at Wanaka :)
Typically pick up from te anau is a lot cheaper than Queenstown, coz it is a 3 hr drive from Queenstown to te anau

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If already buy package liao then bo bian lo. But if not then take from te anau. I took vip Milford. Shiok and lesser pax.

Wanaka must go. Mt cook itself nothing much ba. Unless u like to go for hike or trail etc I think.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If already buy package liao then bo bian lo. But if not then take from te anau. I took vip Milford. Shiok and lesser pax.

Wanaka must go. Mt cook itself nothing much ba. Unless u like to go for hike or trail etc I think.
The drive to mt cook is quite scenic. And at mt cook itself, the hooker valley hike is nice.

Hinana

Reaction score
Btw should I do my sky dive and Dart Stable on same day or separate to 2 days. Both seems to be a half day activity.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw should I do my sky dive and Dart Stable on same day or separate to 2 days. Both seems to be a half day activity.

What's dart stable? Skydive I think total about 3-4 hrs ba. But depending u do with who etc also I guess. Best not to pack too much together else u missed it then that's it.

belgarathc

Reaction score
The drive to mt cook is quite scenic. And at mt cook itself, the hooker valley hike is nice.
I agree. We stayed at Whitehorse Campsite at Mt Cook. Convenient place since it is the start of the Hooker Valley Hike and Kea Point Hike. These are considered easy hikes. At night, you can star gaze too. Of course, only possible if you are on a Campervan or are camping.
Tasman Glacier is nearby too.

belgarathc

Reaction score
Sharing a few point & shoot photos! Apologies that my camera skills aren't that good.

White Horse Hill Campsite at Mt Cook

I_NZ_13.jpg

Star Gazing at Mt Cook

I_NZ_14.jpg

Tasman Glacier Walk

I_NZ_15.jpg

Wanaka Tree

I_NZ_06.jpg

Franz Joseph Heli Hike

I_NZ_03.jpg

I_NZ_04.jpg

Routeburn Track (3D2N)

I_NZ_11.jpg

I_NZ_09.jpg

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.