Back from South island New Zealand

GeraldineT

Reaction score
Would like to ask as well
For New Zealand we are planning to go in May and June
Would it be more advisable to bring a down or synthetic jacket ?

tulipkiss

Reaction score
Hi all, is there any other places in south that should visit?
This is my current plan:

Havelock (1N)
- Havelock join the mailboat cruise

Abel Tasman National Park (2N)

Punakaiki (1N)
- Pancake rocks and blowhole

Franz Josef (1N)
- Skydive 19000ft and Heli Hike

Fox Glacier (2N)
- Overnight Helihike

Wanaka (3N)
- Wild wire
- Mount Iron / Aspiring / Roy's Peak

Te Anau (3N)
- Milford Sound Cruise
- Diving
- Overnight Doubtful sound cruise

Queenstown (1N)
- Onsen spa

Glenorchy (1N)
- Electric 4WD

Mount cook(2N)
- Glacier explorer
- Wiggley Mount cook

Lake Tekapo (1N)
- Star grazing

Geraldine (2N)
-2D1N Horse Trekking

Christchurch (1N)
- Head to washpen falls from Geraldine - CHC

Kaikoura (1N)
- Whale Watching
- Swimming with Dolphin

I currently have maybe 2 extra days, any recommendation where else to go/add?

add hokitika before going to FJG? its sunset point is beautiful! can visit hokitika gorge, and the glowworm dell nearby too.

1 more night at tekapo if stargazing that is a must-have for you. can go to tekapo springs during the day :)

Last edited:

tulipkiss

Reaction score
Anyone has any idea how low the airfare can go to Christchurch?

I am referring either flying direct or transit in Australia. Not separately flight bookings to Australia and another self booked flight to christchurch.

Currently. Qantas is having sale on flying to Christchurch with transit in Australia for $1250++ on my preferred travel date. 1 months plus ago. It was $1050+ but I was indecisive as my wife could not confirmed the date. Has the fare ever went below $900-$1k before?

around $1.1k? SQ promo or like i did, BA to Sydney and transfer to Air NZ to CHC. baggage is check-through.

Dirk3Diggler

Reaction score
Qantas and Air NewZealand have some deals going on now. Qantas from Singapore to Christchurch is around 900. 1 stop either in Melbourne or Brisbane.

When I booked few months back for my March trip next year fare was around 1050

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Qantas and Air NewZealand have some deals going on now. Qantas from Singapore to Christchurch is around 900. 1 stop either in Melbourne or Brisbane.

When I booked few months back for my March trip next year fare was around 1050

Good sharing of the deal. I feel $900 is a good price on my travel date. especially it is to christchurch. (it is seldom that cheap for south new Zealand)

liemsc

Reaction score
Just a quick check.. What do people usually buy & bring back from NZ? :)
(we're not into wines though).

jt2901

Reaction score
Experiences...

As they say... leave your shopping behind. Mainly coz everything there is pretty much imported, no tax rebates.

TVaddict

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
somehow i couldnt find cheap manuka honey. even the ones sold in major supermarkets are more expensive that those made-in-NZ ones sold in singapore.

Need to compare like for like in terms of brand and UMF otherwise it's difficult to gauge whether it's cheaper here or in NZ.

Personally I don't really care about the brand. I usually buy according to the UMF. Haha

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to compare like for like in terms of brand and UMF otherwise it's difficult to gauge whether it's cheaper here or in NZ.

Personally I don't really care about the brand. I usually buy according to the UMF. Haha

yah, i compared based on the UMF, and found it to be more expensive. couldnt find the same brands though

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.