Back from South island New Zealand

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody flew qantas/sq during july to christchurch before? wad r the chances of 1k tix?

planning my 3rd south island trip in july this year :o

I believe is possible if there is sale since July is not a school holiday and there is no public holiday falls on that month

I managed to get qantas fare from SG to Christchurch $900 per pax during last year black Friday sale. I will be travelling this year 2019 May. Of coz popular departure date from SG such as fri night flight won't be that "low"

peacemaker^^

Reaction score
Any bros here tried water rafting in new zealand before ? which is better between Tongariro White Water and MOHAKA WHITE WATER ADVENTURE ?
I have tried both service providers since I used to live in NZ for 4 years. Both are great. But MOHAKA has been around for longer, thus, they currently have more reviews about them. But both offer great services, and I don't think you can go wrong with either one of them. Cheers.

hoshiyume

Master Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gone to nz with ctc or Chan brothers? Want to bring parents join the 8 days South Island tour coz I don’t have driving license and is a chore to plan travel itinerary when traveling with parents. The price as well as itinerary is about the same so not sure which agency to join

Frankz

Reaction score
Hello guys, appreciate your feedback on my north island itinerary in April to see if it is too rush/feasible or how it can be improved. Kindly note that I will be self-driving from Day 3 onwards. Thanks in advance!

Day 1: Arrive at Auckland 9.30am from SG
Day 2: Auckland (Waiheke Island)
Day 3: Rotorua (Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland + Redwood Treewalk)
Day 4: Huka Falls > Lake Taupo > Stay somewhere between Lake Taupo and Wellington
Day 5: Wellington
Day 6: First Ferry to South Island > Arrive @ Picton 1pm (estimate) > Go to 1 winery in Marlborough for lunch > drive to Kaikoura and stay for the night.
Day 7: Kaikoura Whale Watch @ 7.15am > Kaikoura Peninsula Walkway > drive to Christchurch for the night
Day 8 to 16: explore the remainder of South Island

cheers!

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Damm! Qantas has rescheduled my flight time to CC. Instead of less than 2 hours transit and reach CC at 1300 , now they arrived me to take the later flight and ended up 12 hrs later. I bought it at sale price at $900 and so have to be treated like that. Most probably I will have to cancel my trip to NZ liao.

hoshiyume

Master Member
Reaction score
Damm! Qantas has rescheduled my flight time to CC. Instead of less than 2 hours transit and reach CC at 1300 , now they arrived me to take the later flight and ended up 12 hrs later. I bought it at sale price at $900 and so have to be treated like that. Most probably I will have to cancel my trip to NZ liao.
Yet to travel on qantas but got such thing as reschedule to so late? Not confirmed timings one meh regardless of what type of tickets you paid for?

Anyway can anyone recommend if I should buy data in sg to use in nz or go there buy data card or router?

mata_hippo

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yet to travel on qantas but got such thing as reschedule to so late? Not confirmed timings one meh regardless of what type of tickets you paid for?

Anyway can anyone recommend if I should buy data in sg to use in nz or go there buy data card or router?
if u r on starhub postpaid, they have this datatravel, it's quite good...

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Now then we know. Initially the flight that I paid for is to depart Singapore at 2040pm and reach brisbane at 5am with a short transit at 1 hour plus and reach CC in early afternoon. I believe Qantas has oversold my brisbane to CC flight and rearranged to a later evening flight.

I bought the air fare during last year black Fri sale at $900 per pax. That why treated us like a cheapo pax who don't deserve any deal.

iceduck

Reaction score
Anyone know if there are any limitations for sg class 3 licence for renting campervans in new zealand?

Level42

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if there are any limitations for sg class 3 licence for renting campervans in new zealand?

No limitations with Wilderness, Jucy and Maui. For the others, you may need to check the specific T&Cs although I suspect there will be no limitations too.

iceduck

Reaction score
No limitations with Wilderness, Jucy and Maui. For the others, you may need to check the specific T&Cs although I suspect there will be no limitations too.

Thanks. But in the law, will the weight restrictions on our licence apply?
Jucy biggest is condo right? So i guess that should be below the 3 tonnes weight restriction.

greenhse

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Air NZ 24 hours domestic sale till 7pm today.

Just hoot my domestic ticket Wellington to Christchurch at NZ39 (exclude bag) and NZ54 with bag

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Air NZ 24 hours domestic sale till 7pm today.

Just hoot my domestic ticket Wellington to Christchurch at NZ39 (exclude bag) and NZ54 with bag

Wow. Good deal! Especially those who bought SQ to Wellington at $698 and also got this fare.

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
Quick check. If International Driving Permit is required for driving in NZ?

Renting from Apex & Omega.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.