Back from South island New Zealand

Apricot

Reaction score
Found sg to Christchurch return flight at $1093 for July.
Is this price reasonable? Intending to go for a 12-14 days road trip. First time driving overseas and during the winter period too. ><

angy

Reaction score
Is this price reasonable? Intending to go for a 12-14 days road trip. First time driving overseas and during the winter period too. ><

Good time to come if you want to enjoy the winter. All you have to remember is not to drive too early in the morning, due to possibly ice on the road.

Apricot

Reaction score
Good time to come if you want to enjoy the winter. All you have to remember is not to drive too early in the morning, due to possibly ice on the road.

Yeap. I heard about the no driving before 10am or after 5pm winter road tips. Will the cold be unbearable to spend time outdoor for picnic or trekking?

angy

Reaction score
Yeap. I heard about the no driving before 10am or after 5pm winter road tips. Will the cold be unbearable to spend time outdoor for picnic or trekking?

not necessary before 10am. As long as you don't slip while walking to the car, you know the ice has melted on the road.

As for picnic, if your definition of picnic is sitting on the ground with blanket on the grass, then no. it is far too wet. On the other hand, if you are talking about picnic in park on the bench, why not.

As for trekking, again I am not sure what is your definition of trekking. Is it a half day walk? a full day walk? One thing you need to have is a pair of good tramping shoes and not track shoes.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The fare to CC is usually at $12xx at above. Any fare below 1k is quite a good deal. Fare price also depend on the date too. Such as eve of public holiday or Fri night are higher. I managed to get a $900 per pax to CC in coming May. Have to fly out SG on Thurs.

compro_1975

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which telco u all go for? i wan 2degree, but seems like airport no sell.... also is cc widely accepted?

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which telco u all go for? i wan 2degree, but seems like airport no sell.... also is cc widely accepted?

Can use data travel for Starhub and other similar service by other local Telco.
Unless u need nz sim to make calls or what then get nz sim.

Cc are accepted in most places ba. Can don't carry alot of cash actually.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3

gumbokins

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

we bought the spark package

cc is widely accepted. in some of the smaller towns, their petrol stations are unmanned and need to pay using cc. they will prompt for a pin number, our card doesn't have a pin so we pressed 0000.

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
we bought the spark package

cc is widely accepted. in some of the smaller towns, their petrol stations are unmanned and need to pay using cc. they will prompt for a pin number, our card doesn't have a pin so we pressed 0000.

Oh! So 0000 works? :s13: I was trying to figure out that one.

Musicbike

Reaction score
Direct flight

Am thinking of traveling to Christchurch via Brisbane/Sidney or Auckland under same tickets in Dec. Am worry abt the transit (about 1.5hrs) in Australia or at Auckland. The price of the air tix is abt 2/3 of the direct flight. Anyone have the experience with such arrangement?

angy

Reaction score
Am thinking of traveling to Christchurch via Brisbane/Sidney or Auckland under same tickets in Dec. Am worry abt the transit (about 1.5hrs) in Australia or at Auckland. The price of the air tix is abt 2/3 of the direct flight. Anyone have the experience with such arrangement?

I will not risk it. Remember your luggage will have to be transfer to another plane. if the initial flight is delayed, you can kiss the connecting flight goodbye.

RedShoe

Reaction score
Note to all who travelling to South Island within the next two weeks. The Waiho bridge between Fox Glacier and Franz Josef has collapsed due to crazy weather. Repair works expected to be until mid April. Meanwhile no access from FG to FJ and vice versa. Revise your trip accordingly!

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Note to all who travelling to South Island within the next two weeks. The Waiho bridge between Fox Glacier and Franz Josef has collapsed due to crazy weather. Repair works expected to be until mid April. Meanwhile no access from FG to FJ and vice versa. Revise your trip accordingly!

Thank for the information. I be going in May. Really have to monitor closely

gumbokins

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

if it’s the same airline, they should guarantee your connection. minimum is 50 mins.

i flew airnz to chc, but need to clear immigration at auckland. was very delayed there and missed our connection but they just put us on the next flight to chc. there were a few other pax who were also affected and it was a bit unpleasant because instructions given were not clear.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.