HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Back from South island New Zealand

Like Tree220Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2017, 03:16 PM   #1981
Great Supremacy Member

U can try this website - http://www.aurora-service.net/aurora-forecast/

if im not wrong, best time should be around winter period. see https://www.backpackerguide.nz/best-...s-new-zealand/
Old 09-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #1982
Great Supremacy Member

Planning for a 3 weeks trip to NZ, north & south in June. heard its winter and many rainy days? Is it a good time to travel during June? We like sunshine clear days to get the best out of NZ breathtaking scenery. Does not matter cold weather or shorter daylight hrs.
eh, how to get best sunshine clear days when it's winter and alot more shorter daylight hrs. if u want best, maybe oct to dec period? dec start to get really really hot during noon.
Old 13-12-2017, 08:56 AM   #1983
Great Supremacy Member

I'm going to South Island this Friday(night flight to Christchurch tomorrow), how's the weather at there now?

One of my hotel looks to have no air conditioning, hope won't be that hot and humid or else will be sleeping with sweat :/
amazingone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 09:00 AM   #1984

I'm going to South Island this Friday(night flight to Christchurch tomorrow), how's the weather at there now?

One of my hotel looks to have no air conditioning, hope won't be that hot and humid or else will be sleeping with sweat :/
Haha it's really quite warm unless it's a cloudy day. Make sure the curtains are closed during the day to prevent the room from heating up too much, once sun sets after 10pm it's fine

Sent from Tomorrowland using GAGT
amazingone likes this.
DiCaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 09:17 AM   #1985
Great Supremacy Member

Haha it's really quite warm unless it's a cloudy day. Make sure the curtains are closed during the day to prevent the room from heating up too much, once sun sets after 10pm it's fine

Cool, thanks for the info!

Will keep the curtain closed during the day until the sun sets then haha..

Is the night more chilly? I read this thread and some say the weather could be rather cold at night..
Old 13-12-2017, 01:16 PM   #1986
Great Supremacy Member

I think it's getting hotter as the day pass as in the lowest of the day. 3 weeks ago lowest is 10-11. Now maybe 13-15?. Even so, the sun during day time is sorching hot. I got sunburn after climbing mt Roy.
Once reach evening time like 6, will start to be cooler Abit with the wind coming. At night will be cooling with 15 degree like that.

if u driving the prepare long sleeve to wear. or wear jacket to cover your hand. unless your window tinted or protected.

All hotel motel got no aircon one. Lol. Dont think so much. U can try to ask for fan. It's quite bad during the noon to evening. only one that I stay got aircon.

Night got alot of moth etc. So I close all windows one. But still cooling to sleep.
amazingone likes this.

Last edited by BlackCube; 13-12-2017 at 01:25 PM..
BlackCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 01:21 PM   #1987

Cool, thanks for the info!

Will keep the curtain closed during the day until the sun sets then haha..

Is the night more chilly? I read this thread and some say the weather could be rather cold at night..
Haha yup I'd keep all windows closed because of bug and flies and moths etc. Room is still pretty cooling all through till morning. But NZ weather really unpredictable, I got sunburn and perspire like mad on the glacier, then now super cold in Arthur's Pass lol. Btw drivers, drive safe on the roads! Fatal accident a few days ago involving a Singaporean

amazingone likes this.
DiCaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 01:27 PM   #1988
Great Supremacy Member

Yeah. My friend was asking if I'm back already. He told me about the accident in NZ.
Old 13-12-2017, 01:30 PM   #1989
Great Supremacy Member

I think it's getting hotter as the day pass as in the lowest of the day. 3 weeks ago lowest is 10-11. Now maybe 13-15?. Even so, the sun during day time is sorching hot. I got sunburn after climbing mt Roy.
Once reach evening time like 6, will start to be cooler Abit with the wind coming. At night will be cooling with 15 degree like that.

All hotel motel got no aircon one. Lol. Dont think so much. U can try to ask for fan. It's quite bad during the noon to evening. only one that I stay got aircon.

Night got alot of moth etc. So I close all windows one. But still cooling to sleep.
So during daytime weather could be until extent of scorching hot?!

At least night is cooling haha, but at first I was shocked that many hotels don't provide aircon but maybe because at night it's cooling enough so don't need aircon. Will try requesting for an electric fan if it gets unbearable..
Old 13-12-2017, 01:32 PM   #1990
Great Supremacy Member

Haha yup I'd keep all windows closed because of bug and flies and moths etc. Room is still pretty cooling all through till morning. But NZ weather really unpredictable, I got sunburn and perspire like mad on the glacier, then now super cold in Arthur's Pass lol. Btw drivers, drive safe on the roads! Fatal accident a few days ago involving a Singaporean

Wah, didn't know NZ weather can have so much difference!
Old 13-12-2017, 01:35 PM   #1991
Arch-Supremacy Member

Oh no.. RIP

Nz road can be dangerous especially for us who are not used to driving long distance.

Very hard to concentrate after driving for too long. There are some points during my trip that i realise i had zoned out when driving. Still awake and driving straight, but not really focusing. Wouldnt have been able to react in time if anytime happened
evilerniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 01:38 PM   #1992
Arch-Supremacy Member

At least night is cooling haha, but at first I was shocked that many hotels don't provide aircon but maybe because at night it's cooling enough so don't need aircon. Will try requesting for an electric fan if it gets unbearable..
Yes, ask for electric fan if there is no aircon.
Sun sets late in summer, so ur room will be warm for awhile.
Will be quite bad if u return to room early to prepare dinner
evilerniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 01:44 PM   #1993
Great Supremacy Member

Yeah. But not humid kind. Just purely sorching hot. And it's damn hot. Haha
amazingone likes this.
Old 13-12-2017, 01:46 PM   #1994
Great Supremacy Member

Oh no.. RIP

Nz road can be dangerous especially for us who are not used to driving long distance.

Very hard to concentrate after driving for too long. There are some points during my trip that i realise i had zoned out when driving. Still awake and driving straight, but not really focusing. Wouldnt have been able to react in time if anytime happened
I read that the accident seem to be crashing with opposite traffic. Apparently one of them like drive to the other side and crash head on.

It's very easy to go out of the lane if you don't concentrate. So when driving near cliff becareful.
Old 13-12-2017, 01:58 PM   #1995
Great Supremacy Member

Yeah. But not humid kind. Just purely sorching hot. And it's damn hot. Haha
Nice, not humid can liao haha
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.