HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Back from South island New Zealand

Like Tree220Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2017, 02:13 PM   #2056

Those who went to Fox or fjg. Did you all do the heli hike or any hikes up the glacier? I'm looking at the hikes now and its really expensive. Is it worth doing?
sandzstormz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 02:42 PM   #2057

Those who went to Fox or fjg. Did you all do the heli hike or any hikes up the glacier? I'm looking at the hikes now and its really expensive. Is it worth doing?
Went up fox on helihike, was the highlight of my trip actually. It's really quite a unique experience, considering how fast these natural glaciers are retreating. Book via klook, it's slightly cheaper!

Sent from Tomorrowland using GAGT
DiCaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 02:53 PM   #2058
Arch-Supremacy Member

I went helihike at fjg.

The heli ride is quite short, only abt 10min per way. The hike wasnt really wat i expected. I was expecting short hikes with photo stops. But it is actually 1-2hrs of hiking, with only random stops for regrouping. The guide did pause here and there to point things out though.

But nevertheless, i felt it is a very unique experience and worth a try.
As a highlight of my trip, i would rank this second. Top being the hot air balloon ride in Christchurch
evilerniex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 02:55 PM   #2059
Great Supremacy Member

Can book using bookme.co.nz also. Will be cheaper for certain slot. But make sure your date time can fit if not no refund if u miss.

It was ok for me. Not bad but an different experience. Not many place u can do this kind of thing. Can try.

For Milford sound on the other hand. I think not so good for me. The route to ms is better than the cruise itself. Haha.
BlackCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 03:05 PM   #2060
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can book using bookme.co.nz also. Will be cheaper for certain slot. But make sure your date time can fit if not no refund if u miss.

It was ok for me. Not bad but an different experience. Not many place u can do this kind of thing. Can try.

For Milford sound on the other hand. I think not so good for me. The route to ms is better than the cruise itself. Haha.
Did u go milford sound during or after a rain? I heard it is most beautiful coz there will be hundreds of waterfalls all over the place.
Unfortunately, when i went there, it was a sunny day
Old 26-12-2017, 03:56 PM   #2061
Great Supremacy Member

Yeah the Milford Sound cruise nothing much to see, probably the waterfall and the mountains are the highlight
amazingone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 04:29 PM   #2062
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yeah the Milford Sound cruise nothing much to see, probably the waterfall and the mountains are the highlight
I find it not bad actually.
Quite a lot of things to see for only abt $80. got cruise, got snacks and coffee provide, and include a small undersea conservatory tour.
Old 26-12-2017, 04:40 PM   #2063
Great Supremacy Member

I find it not bad actually.
Quite a lot of things to see for only abt $80. got cruise, got snacks and coffee provide, and include a small undersea conservatory tour.
Yeah, the free beverages supply is a bonus, but the cruise is quite a nice experience in general.
amazingone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 04:42 PM   #2064

Haha I'm probably the siao lang that did 2D1N Realjourneys in milford sound. Very costly from Queenstown, but wanted to just take a break from driving and just relax. Thankfully weather was slightly rainy so got to see waterfalls. Also spotted the dolphins, seals, penguins etc.

DiCaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 04:47 PM   #2065
Arch-Supremacy Member

Haha I'm probably the siao lang that did 2D1N Realjourneys in milford sound. Very costly from Queenstown, but wanted to just take a break from driving and just relax. Thankfully weather was slightly rainy so got to see waterfalls. Also spotted the dolphins, seals, penguins etc.

I wanted to do overnight cruise also.. But it was sold out for the date i was there
Old 26-12-2017, 05:21 PM   #2066
Great Supremacy Member

Did u go milford sound during or after a rain? I heard it is most beautiful coz there will be hundreds of waterfalls all over the place.
Unfortunately, when i went there, it was a sunny day

It's wasnt sunny but didn't rain for couple of days there liao. Like 5-10 days. So all the nice scenery I can't see. Lol. That's why it was bad for me.

and I didn't manage to see much except the seal sleeping. lol.

Last edited by BlackCube; 26-12-2017 at 05:24 PM..
BlackCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 05:44 PM   #2067
Arch-Supremacy Member

Doubtful sounds was a more magical experience for me. Less rushed. At one point they shut the boat engine and ask everyone to shut our eyes and keep silent. Just listen to the sound of nature all around us.

But doubtful sounds cruise is so much more expensive, not really worth. Coz the sights are quite similar to milford sounds
Old 26-12-2017, 09:49 PM   #2068

I've just booked Milford Sound's nature cruise via this company realJourneys. Still contemplating whether to do heli glacier hikes as its close to 500 per pax!
sandzstormz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 10:43 PM   #2069
Master Member

I've just booked Milford Sound's nature cruise via this company realJourneys. Still contemplating whether to do heli glacier hikes as its close to 500 per pax!
I did the guided hike tour. Preferred to do the walk and immersed in the experience. Whole tour about couple of hours.
TVaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 10:44 PM   #2070
Master Member

Got seals and dolphins too..
TVaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.